It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor
Maybe it's because I havn't achieved a place where I am happy. I don't have all I'd like to right now. And it makes me want to cry to think that all the things I've been waiting for...I just won't get. We spend so much time waiting...what a tragedy to think that I've been so patient to find love and all that...then to be stopped by some stupid catastrophy. It's unfair.
But, I'll have to come to terms with that. It just sucks.

What do you want out of life, friend? What choices do you want to look back on?

i personally feel "blessed" to have what little this one does have. anything in addition to that will just be great, but not expected. I figured, if i could not be happy with what this one currently had, then when would i ever make the transition from "have not" to "have?" Nothing would ever be good enough..

I have many things i am working on as well, as in everything from "projects" to some personal achievements. whether or not those are finished isnt so much the point to me. a quote in cooking is "to make the cut is to live."

It is truly amazing how much we can change our perspective, and how much we can let it take us into its maze as well

edit on 8-2-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My advice to you is simple do your one research and stick with the facts

And you will find nothing to worry about because there is no fact something is going to happen in a precise date.

This 2012 myth it’s all about the Maya calendar supposedly ending in December 2012 in the winter solcist
and the famous sensationalist history channel documentary about 2012.

Enough said...
Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

I have no idea about you; age or experience or anything.

But,

When I look up to the stars at night, I feel something. We are here for a reason. It makes me smile.

I don't follow any organized religion though - I can find my own way.

Don't be worried about something that is out of our hands, and that most likely will never come to pass.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You are freaking out but people have panic attacks over much less. Most people have them about trivial life but it's called stress. If it happens then so be it, just take the middle road, prepare for the worse but enjoy yourself. Do some yoda, Meditation, smoke some pot, drink some wine or whatever you enjoy. Prophecies have been around for ever and we are still here. This one gathered speed because it was attributed to a civilization, instead of one crack pot.

Forgot to add I have GAD and understand how debilitating worry can be but also understand that it's wasted energy.

Peace and compassion
edit on 8-2-2011 by SparkyP because: Forgot something N that

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
AwwwWW BIG hugs to you ... I went through that a couple of weeks ago, sitting here with my hubby, talking about things.. It's not the fear of 2012 that gets me, It's the fear of how mankind will be just prior to it.. I'm scared about how food prices will probably rise, how people will probably have less cares and become more violent and stuff. I worry that something will happen when my son is not near me, and I won't be able to do anything to help him.. It's very real fears we have, but like I said, it's more fears about what OTHERS will be doing, lashing out and whatnot..
I hope you find your peace soon.. Take a nap.. Sometimes that helps me when my heart starts racing..
HUG!!!!!!!!!!!

link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer

Don't Panic

If you don't know what that's from, look it up. Read it. It'll help. I promise. Arthur Dent thought so.

Those two words are the first thing I think of when I'm in a situation I don't want to be in, or when I'm thinking about something I shouldn't have to think about. Those two simple words, written in large, friendly letters. (My apologies in advance for the caps)

DON'T PANIC

That's really all you need to remember....... Oh yeah, and never forget where your towel is.
edit on 8-2-2011 by jhnsmth because: Wanted to resize DON'T PANIC

link   

The problem is you can't accept the thought of death. Everyone dies. Just accept it. If 2012 means our inevitable end, so be it, we can't stop that. Why worry about it. However I would put the chances of something happening at 50/50, and there's no point worrying in something that might happen, or might just be nothing at all.

PS- the more you worry about something bad happening, the more chances of you manifesting something bad along with all the other people who are freaking out - mass thought on the same date about something bad happening - not good.

edit on 8-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

link   
Boy, what questions.

I cannot answer those adequately. Speaking generally, I want to be happy, and that starts within...as most of you probably already know. And I don't think I've reached that yet. ugh there's just so much I havn't done.

Here's hoping 2012 will be a positive experience.

And I want to thank everyone for their support. I'll try to keep perspective/insight on this topic.
It's tough though. In a world bend on fear.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Take some deep breaths, then do your own research into where this is all coming from. It's a bunch of loosely connected wild eyed, plucked out of thin air conspiracies that have slowly melted together into a few grand conspiracies. Most of the people claiming to believe it are not being honest I suspect.

2012 will be a normal year if such a thing exists. Your odds of anything bad occurring are the same in that year as any other year.

These gloom and doom predictions have always been with us and always will be with us. The causes range from catalysts like Religion to pretty much anything else. Some French Dude makes a prediction nobody understands, people pretend to understand it. Sitchen who is by all accounts from qualified people illiterate in the field he claimed to be a master at, makes claims to sell books and some believe. The Mayan Calendar is the worst of all since the real Mayan's believe only that it is a calendar ending like the one you likely threw away at the end of 2010 without a thought. It does not even make a prediction of any kind in fact. The whole topic is fabricated.

Live your life, view this stuff as the entertainment it truly is and worry not. 2012 will come and go and then will come a new date to worry about. Some actually enjoy worrying and I think it's like a Runners High from the Endorphins.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I sat here tonight thinking of the panic I've felt since I was a kid watching apocalypse shows on History Channel. Shows that sad 1993 Los Angeles was going to break off from an earthquake and fall into the sea. The even did a movie based on that, it was an island turned into a crazy place plastic surgery freaks, gladiator style fighters, etc... Then came Y2K and I was freaked a little, but believed it was a ploy to upgrade your computer and buy stupid software, a lot did.

Now were on a pending doom of Yosemite National Park exploding, New Madrid Fault Line, Polar shift every possible scary natural disasters. All I know is i live less then 2 miles from the Atlantic Ocean on Long Island, NY and I know if it was to end it would be a tsunami, GREAT!!! But, I know it will be quick and I will be with family.

Just hope it is all mumbo jumbo.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think its safe to say that youre already depressed, and allowing this subject of 2012 to cause you worry. We tend to hurt ourselves when were feeling not so good.

No fear. Nothing will happen in 2012. Its all propaganda. What you and I and everyone else will be dealing with by next year is a worsened economy, and possible wars in the koreas and the middle east. Thats the most significant thing that can be reasonably conjectured circa 2012.

Yellowstone supervolcanic eruption, Astroid, time ending, massive tsunamis, alien invasion etc is all just paranoia, or propaganda. No reasomable person should worry himself about this. Even the above possible wars are only possibilities and they may not even happen. Just relax and take it easy

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

edit on 8-2-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Watch this video, and learn to "run towards your fears" and you will be ok:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
My fellow ATSer. Not everyone should spend time on this stuff. Not one person can help you, except you. Looking for someone who can, is an absolute set up. There are any number of people who look for people in
your state of mind. Waiting to pounce and take what they may. Know this. Guard your heart and mind always.

Forget about it and move on, because there is truth in the words," The only thing we have to fear is, fear itself".

I promise you, no matter what does happen. You're going to be alright. God be with you.
edit on 8-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What is keeping you back from doing those things? or at least starting to learn about them?

I know you wrote "love" earlier. but what other things?

Some might say, "why wait for others to love you, when you can start the cycle with yourself?" it might be nonsense, there might be something to it
these things are a "personal" search, as in, the answers will differ for everyone, if by nothing else than iteration.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

We do support you. We're all in the same boat, aren't we now?
As a Navy guy I know what that means, lol.

I believe in things. Mostly, that everyone of us matters. That the suffering of others lessens me and lessens my own freedom.

I cannot believe that this great experiment in self determination could end so soon.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Again thank you everyone.

I think I have some stuff I got to work through. This has been frightening and insightful.
I'm going to sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow.
There's not many places I can have this discussion so I am glad I can have it on ATS.
I am grateful.
And you all helped with little to no judgement. I am beginning to feel a bit better. Thanks all of you for the advice.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Also, since fear of death seems to be a cause here, dont worry, death is not the end of your life. It IS the end of the way you can experience life in this world, but life continues, consciousness persists and you have nothing to fear.

G-d, the omnipresent one, or if youd prefer to give him another name, you may, is always with you and he wants the best for you.

This is the way life is. We live, and we die, and we continue on in another, much more personal state.

I once had your fear of death. If you want some advice you can PM and i can send you some information that help settle your consternation.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
You need to CHILL the Fk OUT

Go have some lap dances .... hook up with some hot chickss at the club ..... have a blast with your homie on the weekend. Try to get this 2012 metality off your mind, man, you will be worn out and your life will be ruined even long before the SHTF on 2012 if you kept it up.

Best of luck.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There is one thing which is definatley happening in 2012, and there is nothing me, you or anyone else can do about it, no matter how hard we try, no matter how hard we pray, the 2012 olympics ARE coming to England.

As for that other stuff, the world ending stuff, don't worry about it, it aint gonna happen, and even if it does there is nothing we can do about it, just be happy, and preferably drunk.

Look at this way, do you want to spend the next year and eight or so months worrying? If it's gonna happen enjoy whats left of your life, make the most of it. If the more likely scenario happens, and it doesn't happen, your gonna spend the next year and eight months or so worrying for nothing.

Relax

edit on 8/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join