It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having a panic attack over 2012...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Am I stupid?
What's with this freaking date?!?
I am freaking about here a bit.
Fear. It comes from what's the unknown.

Does anybody know anything for sure about this date?
Is there anything that can comfort me?

I walk around with "2012" in the back of my mind. I've got less that a couple years to live.
All the experiences I never got to have...ect...

I don't know if I am going to cry or be sick.

This is getting to be a bit much. I have this feeling that won't leave...my instincts tell me something's going to happen...and it may be negative. Another part of me tries to be hopeful and think it's a bunch of bull.

I didn't realize how anxious I was until tonight.

Crud!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Go hear and you can get some truth about 2012...Nothing physical is going to happen to you...Check out this link below and ease your mind,,,,

Link:::www.calleman.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

HANG IN THERE !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Of course that's what you think...and hundreds of other people have another opinion.

There's the positive outcome and the negative one.

I find people lean more towards a catasrophy.

I still can't catch my breath. Gees this is awful.

...and thanks. I am trying here.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Before2017Victor because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You're not stupid.

It's okay to worry about mortality. None of us are getting off this big rock alive. We are ALL going to die. Whether 2012 will come to fruition or simply be another Y2K, though ... no one can assure you one way or the other. It is what it is. If it's going to happen ... there really is nothing you can do to stop it. My advice for you is to take a really deep breath and enjoy the life that you have right now. None of us are guaranteed any tomorrows. We're just not. So be content to make the most of every day you have and don't look at it as only having a couple of years left to live. You could have that. You could have fifty. You may have six weeks. Or just tomorrow.

Live.

Live and be happy and try to fit as much life into whatever time frame you do have.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You should be afraid,.
Be very freaking afraid
because the real panic attack hasnt even started yet
THe change is almost upon us and nothing will ever be the same

But ,... really ... why worry about it

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Dont worry about it so much? I think in truly facing ones death (and not just writing it off for when one "gets there") can feel liberating in many senses. Regardless of what will, or wont, happen on any given date, will it change how you are living your life? When i thought about what kind of life this one would like to look back on, the answer was clear to me.

Why do you have fear? What, exactly, are you afraid of? I think the quote "we have nothing to fear, but fear itself" might be very applicable. It seems once one starts going in that direction, its too easy to continue that whirlpool. the unknown almost always brings anxiousness, but that isnt a "bad" feeling, as many i know make it out to be. we experience the same feeling before things like christmas, as children. In that context, it is called anticipation (or "butterflies") though. The experiential part seems to be no different, until our minds start to take it in certain directions.

edit: i also see mention of y2k. do remember that there were databases that would have had serious problems. due to people working very hard to fix this, very, very few problems occurred. Either way, if no one had done anything, there would have been significant problems in certain databases, but certainly nothing "doomsday." Other than, perhaps, peoples reactions to such things. It is another case of peoples minds taking them for a ride.

edit on 8-2-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

link   
believe in what you want.

but i believe come by 2012 there's going to be a fraction of humans left. not a small fraction, but there's going to be a division. Yes, I do believe there's going to be a judgment time coming soon. Yes, I do believe I am going to be saved and so will others who have treated others fairly, with respect, honored who they were supposed to honor, doing the right thing, and loving and keeping an open and pure heart.

link   
The sad truth of this life is that you can die any moment , A brain Aneurysm can kill in a instant , a car wreck , ilness , Its all lurking out there , thats the fact we have to put up with , and to dwell on when you will die would be a waste of your time alive , there has been alot of "2012" 's through out history and almost every generation has one , i do admitt this one seems to be the mother of them all but if it indeed is our time as a civilization to end then being depressed about it will change NOTHING! my advise to you is to love your family , friends and this earth as much as you can and deal with that day when it arrives ! Praise yah for every day you get and dont think about how many you will not

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Don't Panic

If you don't know what that's from, look it up. Read it. It'll help. I promise. Arthur Dent thought so.

Nothing to fear. It's only a rumor that the entire world will come to a screeching halt on December 21, 2012. That everything on the planet will die. That nothing of our civilization will remain. That the habitat that is our Earth will be wiped from the solar system. That no intelligent being will ever know of the existence of our race...

Just kidding. The rumors are based on a misread Mayan calendar. The cycle doesn't end. It just starts anew. I, for one, think the world could benefit from a Reset.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It is just another day, No one from the past, present, or future will ever be able to tell you when you will die. This is one of life's great mysteries, you will do nothing but eat yourself alive worrying about something you will never know. Kick back, have a bud or two and enjoy life.

link   

Look like mate, don't.

When I got into conspiracy in 2004, the buzzword at that time was 2007. Back then I was a lurker on ATS, but also on GLP with the doomers and gloomers, and having just heard about the conspiracy of the 3rd secret of fatima (allegedly relating the the 3rd world war), a lot of religious sites too, despite not being that much a religious person. I used to s**t it when there was mention of Iran/NK and their nukes in the news. I genuinely though that the WW3 of 2007 was around the corner during the Lebanon conflict. All of it was unfounded. Chillax, and live your live. Of course there are phophecies of the second sun (think more supernova than 'Niburu' - I am researching this ATM and is more likely
) but what can we do. The hunted cannot hide from the hunter forever

link   
I don't know. It just hit me tonight. All the sudden I thought of 2012 and I paniced.

I know I am dying anyway, but still...I know it's stupid. I could die tomorrow.
Yet this date caused so much panic. And on a daily basis I think "I've got very little time left". It's not that I don't accept I am going to die. It's that I know it's cut so short. So, now I got to try and live as much as I can.

My heart is racing. This is so messed up.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Is it maybe because you feel you should be approaching life differently?

I know this one reacted in a similar fashion to an approximate situation years ago (did not have to do with 2012 though).

edit: it seems you did say something similar to this in that last post.
well, this one figured i could do nothing about the past, but made a decision, a choice, to live differently. the first change i made was a perspective shift on what i was already doing, as i felt that was a source, or possible source, of issues.
edit on 8-2-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Hey we all die.

If something happens on 21 Dec 2012, I am sanguine with it. The only thing you can be certain of as a human, is that you WILL die and cease to exist, be it in a cataclysm or old age.

Unless you believe in reincarnation

We are all dieing the moment we are born - a foregone conclusion.

What is there to be afraid of?

I am enjoying my ladylove, and five wonderful cats, and two tortoises. I intend to be loving them on 22 Dec 2012.

And if not, I and they will be back.

Or I wont know a thing about it.

edit on 8-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I have no idea why I am reacting this way.

Lately I've thought about what's going to happen in 2012.
2012. 2012. 2012. 2012! on and on.

It's so silly. It makes me think "what's the point in doing anything since I am dying soon" or "gees I better start hurrying up experiencing things, but there's not enough time".

Just all this noise surrounding this date makes me feel anxious. I know most of it is bull, but all the talk scares me. Place yourself in a room surrounded by all the different theories of 2012. and everyone is shouting them at you.
I just don't know what to think anymore. Sometimes I wish people would just shut up about it. It's freaking me out.

Maybe it's because I havn't achieved a place where I am happy. I don't have all I'd like to right now. And it makes me want to cry to think that all the things I've been waiting for...I just won't get. We spend so much time waiting...what a tragedy to think that I've been so patient to find love and all that...then to be stopped by some stupid catastrophy. It's unfair.
But, I'll have to come to terms with that. It just sucks.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. YOU aren't going to die, no matter what happens to your body. It's just a container for your spirit. You won't even remember it if it does die.

I think something good is going to happen. I don't know if we will still be using these bodies or not, but I think we will be better off than we are now.

You need to get over your fear, it will hold you back.

In Revelations, the fearful are equated with the unbelieving, the abominable, murderers, whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters, and liars.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So why be afraid?

Enjoy what you have.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Mark 13:32 (New International Version, ©2010)

The Day and Hour Unknown

32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

I highly doubt the day is anywhere near accurate. Why would we as humans be given such info? We abuse everything and everyone on this planet all for our own selfish and self empowering goals.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

The words of the hymnal "Amazing Grace" come to mind:

"When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun."

The world is not going to end on any date that man can predict.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join