It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's poor treated to fake rice made from plastic: report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

China's poor treated to fake rice made from plastic: report

www.rawstory.com

China's history with food safety is a rocky one, but even in the annals of robbery and abuse, this will go down in infamy.

Various reports in Singapore media have said that Chinese companies are mass producing fake rice made, in part, out of plastic, according to one online publication Very Vietnam.

The "rice" is made by mixing potatoes, sweet potatoes and plastic. The potatoes are first formed into the shape of rice grains. Industrial synthetic resins are then added to the mix. The rice reportedly stays hard even after being cooked.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sheesh...

And this is the country we are slated to start recieving mass amounts of corn from, in addition to all of the other "food" items we export in?

Scary thought.

If they have this type of stuff going on domestically, not too comforting to think of what types of corners are being cut for their exports, but then again we already HAVE had quite a few serious illnesses and health probs from many of their products.

But this is truely horrific---Especially the reference to "eating 3 bowls of this fake rice would be the equivelent of eating one plastic bag." That is just sickening...Literally. They are literally being fed toxic waste.

Maybe their solution will be Monsanto to the rescue! *end sarcasm*

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It seems like any food they can fake, they will fake. It doesn't matter to them if people will die from it, as long as there elites don't have to eat it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yuck, that is a new low even for them. I guess I'll be wondering at the rice in my pantry. Thanks there goes the plan of having rice with lunch

I think that as long as they pull this crap we should ban all food imports from china.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wouldn't real rice be cheaper to produce than potatoes and plastic??

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Is China having trouble feeding its people real food? That exemplar of the mixed capitalist/communist economy not doing as well as it says it is? What a big surprise (sarcasm).

But on the more important note: this is what happens when children are brought up in a system where respect for the sanctity of the individual is non-existent. They grow up to be CEOs who sell plastic food to their fellow man.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LS650

Not if your can dump your toxic waist as binding-product/ingredient to the potatoes. If that is not the case, then your question is a logic one(gave you a star for it)
edit on 8-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i remember hearing about mcdonalds milkshakes being made up of "edible plastic"

that was a long time ago....even before the internet

anyone have any info on that?

i wouldn't put it past them

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Seems they have been making fake eggs too.

www.saigon-gpdaily.com.vn...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be a lot easier just make bloody rice for gods sake.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Good find, S&F from me, as usual. This is what happens when industry and manufacturing move their operations into countries which don't have the proper regulatory structure in place to deal with food and product safety, much less environmental protections.

For me personally, The term "Made In China" is synonymous to "Inferior and/or Poisonous Products Enclosed." If I can't find the products that I need made somewhere other than China, I try to find ways to do without them completely.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of the "mud pies" that Haitians were/are being forced to eat.
Wonder which is more nutritious?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Animatrix

My guess would be the mud---At least it has minerals in it, and it comes from the earth. But there again, who knows how much chemical toxin run-offs from corporate raping of land and dumping of pollutants into their environment may be infiltrating even THAT. heh.

To the above question of whether it would just be cheaper to use regular rice, in China that may not be the case, as they are perhaps the largest producer of plastics on earth, and when one takes into account the costs of watering crops and labor of harvesting, plastics being churned out by machinery may be the cheaper option.

In either case, this is really a gruesome revelation, as to how ANY society can treat their own citizens, due to monetary class. You can bet those in the upper financial classes are not being fed this toxic waste.
edit on 8-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And we keep trading with these tyrants? When are the sheeple going to wake up and realize that China won't stop trying to kill us until we are all dead. And then what? Solient Green? Or maybe, China is already shipping human meat to the people of the world. We must demand that our gobrermnts to stop buying from the Chinese!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
Reminds me of the "mud pies" that Haitians were/are being forced to eat.
Wonder which is more nutritious?

Speaking of mud, I don't buy anything porcelain from china. Their mud is all contaminated with heavy metals. I use Pyrex dishes, cups, and bowels. Stainless steel pots, pans and utensils...Nothing from China!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
And we keep trading with these tyrants? When are the sheeple going to wake up and realize that China won't stop trying to kill us until we are all dead. And then what? Solient Green? Or maybe, China is already shipping human meat to the people of the world. We must demand that our gobrermnts to stop buying from the Chinese!

Soylent Green is made out of people... people.

Did you notice no one seemed to care or notice when he said that? The could be shipping hot dogs made from the meat stripped from the carcusses of political disidents and still the world would sleep.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Yuck, that is a new low even for them. I guess I'll be wondering at the rice in my pantry. Thanks there goes the plan of having rice with lunch

I think that as long as they pull this crap we should ban all food imports from china.

Agreed

It may put WalMart out of business but we will recover, we will persevere.
Its better than dying a toxic slow horrible death while watching our children come down with autism, mental retardation and physical deformities.
Down with China

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Violater1

Soylent Green is made out of people... people. Did you notice no one seemed to care or notice when he said that? The could be shipping hot dogs made from the meat stripped from the carcusses of political disidents and still the world would sleep.

Is it not disgustingly sad!!! The sheeple just sleep walk through life, repeating their mantra," Yes We Can."

edit on 8-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Wouldnt it be a lot easier just make bloody rice for gods sake.

It has Nothing to do with making something cheaper. It has All to do with killing off the people of the world!

Down with China!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ahh capitalism and the law of supply and demand. Aren't they just wonderful?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join