It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's poor treated to fake rice made from plastic: report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I received an e-mail from a family member in Australia who works in a hospital that they were told not to drink bottled water from plastic containers as it was linked to causing breast cancer in women. The compounds used to make the bottles apparently leak into the water.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
in.ibtimes.com...

An article with a picture from International Bussiness news.

In the mean time, merchants say that as the fake rice can leave huge profits, it is still sold in mass quantity.

Also Rice hit a 3 year high today and is expected to reach $24 in the next week (a 20 year high). So I guess there is profit in it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

BPA is the additive and Canada and much of europe has banned it last year. Though in Canada only in kids bottles and cups. I suspect in all plastics soon though. I'm sorry I have no idea if Australia is banning it yet or not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Anyone who objects to eating plastic should avoid cheap supermarket sausages.

The casings used for these are "edible" plastic.

Sound yummy? You can buy the bulk casings here.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is sick, sad, disturbing, and very, very messed up. You would think that rice, being fairly easy to make would have been easier to give than going through the process of mixing potato's with plastic. Maybe the point wasn't to trick them, but to kill off some of them. After all the people in power of China, don't really seem to care on a individual level about their people.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm a little upset they left the lead out, maybe they save that just for the US consumers.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The Chinese government really should pay much attention and do more on food security , i 've just been shocked by rice made of plastic...so who should take responsibility for this ?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
oh yes capitalization at it's best, any thing for profit, they do learn quick do they not? seem they even have a high priced rice that is made from flavoring and less inexpensive rice so the next time you pay for top dollar rice is it really top dollar rice ? or instant rice or is it a bag?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My heart goes out to all the inpoverished young Chinese children who will grow up to carry the consequences of
being fed this plastic rice. It's nothing short of being slowly poisoned.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join