It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's poor treated to fake rice made from plastic: report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thats why George Bush claimed China Most Favored Nation 10 years in a row

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have one question is there MSG in it i wont have it if theres MSG non of it no Sir

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr3ws

Thats why George Bush claimed China Most Favored Nation 10 years in a row

Heh. I have little doubt.

Evil, those Bushes, in general.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by squizzy
If this is true then I can say I am not in the slightest surprised.
Cheaper to manufacture, probably has a sell by date of maybe 10,000 years, reduces the population as they will all die younger and probably damage fertility so fewer or no children added to the populace.

Sorry, squizzy....The recipe is potatoes, sweet potatoes, and plastic. Both the plastic and sweet potatoes would raise estrogen levels. The sweet potatoes contain plant estrogens and the plastic also causes estrogen levels to rise...that means one of two things, either more fertile women or more effeminate men. More fertility, and if the embryo lives, I'm sure the DNA would most definitely be altered to the point of a possible plastic tolerant populace.

So
humans would treat one another in this manner...then again...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
reply to post by LS650

Not if your can dump your toxic waist as binding-product/ingredient to the potatoes. If that is not the case, then your question is a logic one(gave you a star for it)
edit on 8-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

yes they same way they dumped floride on us to get rid of the waste crap and then profit from it here in the usa

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
this makes you wonder what we are really eating actually. i can't believe that china is the only country doing this. i guess i dont' study the actual rice before i eat it. i can't even say its rice. i hope this brings more awareness to america's rice production and packaging. one would think that cooking such rice would create a plasticky or petroleum taste or texture.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Wouldnt it be a lot easier just make bloody rice for gods sake.

Easier? Yes. But it's much more enjoyable and profitable to poison the population to death.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Reminds me of the time a, few years back, when they discovered that the baby formula being sold in the U.S. that was made in China had all kinds of hazardous things inside it.

Is the "fake rice" being given to the poor for free or are the poor people actually buying it? Do they know there is plastic mixed in or are they not being told about it? In any case it is a sad thing to hear about and hopefully the karma will be a bit*h to those responsible.

Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I also agree this story is bunk, and why people used to eating moist rice would settle for hard rice. Especially when it is easily grown in their backyard. Do you think they would accept such scraps? I don't know why I even argue against these obvious waste of time threads. Maybe to state that these stories IMO progress ourselves entirely into a discussion that yields no intellectionsl advance. Only bickering.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
watch out guys the chinese are taking over

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I think I got a batch of that rice already. Or maybe not. Perhaps it's just my cooking.

I do wonder if there is lead in the imported flour now. My biscuits are rather heavy.
Gee, maybe it's just time for me to go raw. Ya think?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I've long thought it a good idea to test all products coming here from China for toxic waste being included in the materials, be it chemical, heavy metals, or even radioactive waste. Recently there have been numerous articles sold here with too much cadmium and lead in toys, jewelry, and the paint on cartoon glasses from McDonalds, for example. And of course all the food scares in the baby formula and foods, pet foods, and regular foods with plastics and odd chemicals being included to pass tests for proteins (the melamine scare) among others. And what's the consequence? We seem to have few sources other than China for all we want to buy for ourselves. And if our companies are importing these goods, shouldn't they be partly culpable for not testing these questionably safe goods? And what prevents a company in China from just changing its name when a name gets tarnished? We used to call the Chinese inscrutable. I'd like to add unscrupulous for some of them as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Wouldnt it be a lot easier just make bloody rice for gods sake.

Rice is actualy the worst crop to produce. It requires ALOT of irrigation, and the crop yeild to water used, to space used is insane. Not to mention i believe alot of places still make people pick them by hand.

Spuds, potatoes and plastic? Yes. Hell of alot cheaper for them to make in comparison to real rice. Would not put it past them.

I am getting so pissed off at all the # they put in foods these days tho. Pay an arm and a leg for Organic to steer clear of the poisons to find it has Neotame in it, unlabelled as well, with a pretty USDA certified Organic stamp on the front.

Ugh!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
gross, does that not make people sick?, i wonder what the studies show

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This is what we will become if we celebrate 3rd world standards and ways of living.

They may work hard, but they're: a) held down b) still developing c) want what we have.

It's only a matter of time. We can't go back in time. We can only go forwards.

If we can't solve hte problems we have in the modern world, then we're all screwed.

Don't blame hte developing countries. They just want what we have. We have to blame ourselves.

Sooner or later the developing countries will be just like us and face the same challenges.
edit on 9-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Re: the McDonald's plastic shake/ice cream comment, here ya go, from Snopes.com

Snopes Milkshakes

Seems Snopes won't let me provide a clip of the article, so you will have to go there to read it.

As for the veracity of the plastic rice info, there doesn't seem to be a verifiable online source, other than from bloggers, and other "websites" out there. Is there a valid international news source, besides the EU Times and/or RT, both of whom have questionable sources at times?
edit on 9-2-2011 by Ceriddwen because: last comment

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
reply to post by LS650

Not if your can dump your toxic waist as binding-product/ingredient to the potatoes. If that is not the case, then your question is a logic one(gave you a star for it)
edit on 8-2-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

I don't know why people are apparently soooo shocked at 'plastic rice', when the corporations have been throwing all kinds of industrial toxic waste in our foods in the West.

Aspartame, Fluoride, the list goes on and on.

WE should look at what's hidden in our foods, never mind what's hidden in their food.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I don`t see what the fuss is about. This is capitalism at its purest after all. We should be applauding their ingenuity and resourcefulness in finding a use for their industrial waste pruducts and for taking notice of the great example we`ve (u dot s dot) provided for the world (ahemFLOURIDEahem)...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Speaking of mud, I don't buy anything porcelain from china. Their mud is all contaminated with heavy metals. I use Pyrex dishes, cups, and bowels. Stainless steel pots, pans and utensils...Nothing from China!

Using bowels in cooking is never a good idea - unless you are needing sausage skins.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I worked at a big chain of stores back in the early 90's and we were giving out plastic food storage containers in a three pack to anyone who signed up for a store credit card. Eventually we had to recal them all as the plastic wasn't food safe and was recycled from something that was contaminated with a "mild" radioactive substance. We were told no danger but they stopped giving them away and I don't remeber if we requested customers bring them back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join