It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Deep Down You've Always Known...

page: 1
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Deep down you've always known...

You've always known that you are different from the masses in some way...

You excel in anything you put your mind to but only put your mind to things you enjoy...

You've always felt a longing... a longing for something more...

You've always known that you are destined for something bigger... something alien to the status quo... Yet something very important..

You feel your number being called and you start to get anxious ... but anxious about what?

Deep down you've always known there is something spectacular around the corner...

Deep down you've always known... You've always known that 'This' isn't it!

I know that there is great change coming and I have accepted that.

The question is... do you know?




posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
All i know is somebody is lying to me



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You my friend hit the nail on the head. Oh and I love you profile pic.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky
 


Elaborate please mate?

Am I lying to you?



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Pathological narcissism. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

I'd say a big part of the problem with society is people thinking they are more special and unique than they really are.

edit on 2/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Pathological narcissism. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

I'd say a big part of the problem with society is people thinking they are more special and unique than they really are.


I feel no need for admiration, even from myself.

I have too much empathy.

Yes I may type in a manner higher than that of my IQ but that doesn't make me a pathological narcissist now does it?



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique
 


lol oh no not you . I meant so many avenues of what we think we know and so much misinfo and disinfo out there its sometimes hard to seperate truth form fiction. I mean lying in that sense



but yea you goodt post ! Deep down we do know .



But some people go so deep they loop lol



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky


reply to post by TechUnique
 


lol oh no not you . I meant so many avenues of what we think we know and so much misinfo and disinfo out there its sometimes hard to seperate truth form fiction. I mean lying in that sense



but yea you goodt post ! Deep down we do know .



But some people go so deep they loop lol


There is indeed a lot of lies and deceit in this current world we live in



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'd just like to point out that I do not believe any human being is better than another. Or more important than another.

Infact I don't believe any life is better than another because we are all life therefore we are all the same, therefore we are all equal



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by silent thunder
Pathological narcissism. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

I'd say a big part of the problem with society is people thinking they are more special and unique than they really are.


I feel no need for admiration, even from myself.

I have too much empathy.

Yes I may type in a manner higher than that of my IQ but that doesn't make me a pathological narcissist now does it?  


I don't know you personally and I don't know anything about you, so I'd certainly never claim that you or anyone else was narcissistic. Although it is worth noting in passing that narcissists always think everything is "about them." But my comments were generalized, not referring to one person in particular.

From what I've seen the world is too full of people with unwarranted senses of self-importance. People who deep down inside view themselves as "The One", like Neo in the matrix, even if the would never admit it. Movies glorify narcissistic themes. So do other aspects of society. People live more in isolation, interacting increasingly through technology-mediated means that both enhance isolation and allow people to craft fantasy personas. Society glorifies the individual over the community, and advertising preys on and encourages the dynamic of arrogance and loneliness that defines egomania. Click the link in my post above and check it out. Even if it doesn't describe you personally, I'm willing to bet you know more than one person who fits the profile, because narcissism is reaching epidemic proportions.
edit on 2/8/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Deep down you've always known...

You've always known that you are different from the masses in some way...

You excel in anything you put your mind to but only put your mind to things you enjoy...

You've always felt a longing... a longing for something more...

You've always known that you are destined for something bigger... something alien to the status quo... Yet something very important..

You feel your number being called and you start to get anxious ... but anxious about what?

Deep down you've always known there is something spectacular around the corner...

Deep down you've always known... You've always known that 'This' isn't it!

I know that there is great change coming and I have accepted that.

The question is... do you know?





Deep down Ive always known,

Ive always known I was different from the masses in some way.

I have excelled in anything I put my mind to, and sometimes put my mind to things I enjoy,

I felt a longing... a longing for something more.

I know that I am destined for something bigger, something alien to the status quo, yet something important.

I feel my number being called, and I am beginning to get anxious. I know what to be anxious about..

I know there is something spectacular around the corner.

Deep down Ive always know. Ive known this "isn't" it.

I know there is a great change, and I have accepted that.

The question is "How Do YOU Know"?

Peace, NRE.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I'd just like to point out that I do not believe any human being is better than another. Or more important than another.

Infact I don't believe any life is better than another because we are all life therefore we are all the same, therefore we are all equal


Equal yet unique! (not TechUnique :lol
We are all unique and should be. They say
that imitation is the highest form of flattery however I can never understand people
that refuse to be themselves and always try to be as someone they are not. Everyone
should embrace who they are and not try to be as others.....if not for themselves then at
least for self respect sake.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Mr. D because: added (not TechUnique :lol




posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique
 

EXACTLY!!! The great Bill Watterson described it best!!




posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think that being "different" brings more to the table. Diversity is what can make or break a society. Right now we are on the possible "brink" of that change. We want to be ourselves, but not be different to where we are picked on, or ridiculed.

Our uniqueness is a quality that is our own, and should be cherished. I am not like you, and you not like me. Though we may have similarities, our perception of such "will" be different. Except your uniqueness, we are one in a million... literally.

Peace, NRE.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
A REQUIEM OF ETERNITY

With everything and potential pleases only brooding nothingness,
Waiting on expression, a thought, with inspiration as Divine?
A time, times, and half-a-time leaves witness to become being much,
Appreciating the universe in watching wishes on a star?
As the frame falls from the wall as it cracks as a run-of-time,
It never remains itself a former glory, neither fame.
A reference-point during moments, a reminder of forgotten dreams,
And to be forgotten in cold eons of perpetual restraint.
To wait for light at revelation’s remains against to which break,
To tear-down every point from which cord drew the portrait to hang Sublime?



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 


Well said. What a combination diversity and uniqueness at the same time....



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Great change meaning what? Could you elaborate? Great change could mean anything... Good, bad or otherwise.

That said, I think you will find that most people feel about themselves the way you describe in your OP. Yes, including myself.

So that is my question. Great change, meaning what, exactly?



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
why did you have to bring up the longing...

its unbarable



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
why did you have to bring up the longing...

its unbarable


everyone has longing... and yes I agree, it seems unbearable. perhaps one day your longing will be satisfied. Unless of course you have insurmountable odds standing in your way and people in this world can do that to you. In that case it doesn't matter if anything answers to your longing in either faint whispers or even deafening screams. Others can make you lost... as good as dead... and this is why it doesn't matter what we think of ourselves. What's most important is that those who cause suffering pay and pay dearly for the sake of those that suffer... and those that do not suffer, maybe they were just never able to really feel in the first place.



posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Thumb up for describing how I feel

Even though all the description fit me well, I dont let them interfere my daily life.



new topics

top topics



 
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join