It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEP-vehicles. no not stealth!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is a project that has been under development for some time but I thought it was worth mentioning. And to make sure that not everything on this board is posts about the US/Russia/China techs

SEP
I just love the modular concept.

And you can fit it with the AMOS turret (here seen on the superb CV9040):

"AMOS is a mortar system comprising a turret with two 120 mm breech-loading mortar barrels mounted side by side. AMOS has been created through a co-operation agreement between Alvis H�gglunds AB and Patria Vammas Oy, of Finland. Alvis H�gglunds is developing and manufacturing the turret, whilst Patria Vammas is developing and manufacturing the weapon system. AMOS can be mounted on most wheeled or tracked vehicles, i.e the CV90, LAV. Compared with conventional mortars, AMOS has increased firepower, mobility and protection. "

And I've heard romours that it's possible to fire it directly too. Nice to be on the recieving end of a twin 120mm..

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Clownface]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You can take that thing out with one hellfire missile from a predator oops there goes it goes up in flames all that for nothing

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
wow that must be some kind of record for replies that bring nothing to the discussion. Of course a hellfire would kill it.. like about 95% of the other vehicles.. APC:s tend to do that when you hit them with anything bigger than .50 ammo.. And yes even the amazin world a$$-kicking US dominance "shadow" vehicle you posted about in another thread would have a bad day if it got hit..
All what for nothing?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I initially thought this post was about SEP invisibility

What a superb concept. The modularity of is is great. What a cost-saver it could be to have a common chassis that can be configured for the mission.

Can it be reconfigured in situ? What's the blimp for?

A great idea, I'd love to see more of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hmm you'll have to excuse a non native english speaker but situ?
If it means in the field I'd say yes. The swedish army has a policy to demand that service/modular exchange has to be able to be performed outside a workshop. And by as few people as possible as we have a rather small army

And blimp? If you mean the baloon thingie it's a module for measuring wind at diffrent altitudes. Helps the artillery to hit.. Was that what you intended?
It can also be used for when you kid is having a birthdayparty

Oh I almost forgot: the AMOS will be ship mounted on our small patrolboats.. Cool eh? Works beautifully for our kind of litoral warfare. Hide behind an island and sink transports and other soft targets..

link to more info:
AMOS Naval version

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
the shadow is a recon vehicle and no other country exept the US has drones or UAV's equiped with hellfire missiles so oops all that for nothing

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Westpoint: what does anything you say have to to with this thread?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Clownface, thanks for the reply. They were the things I meant. It really does look like a great multi-purpose platform. Well done to the swedish!

BTW, the SEP comment was a literary reference.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Nice. It kind of reminds me of something I saw on TV about cars becoming modular. The one problem with this is even though the technology can be flexible most soldiers aren't flexible. But this has got to be a mechanics dream come true. Lets hope they don't turn this into a luxury vehicle like the humvee.

E_T

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clownface
Westpoint: what does anything you say have to to with this thread?

Pretty much nothing... he just have obsession to praise superiority of his country. (shouldn't be too hard to notice)

Here's other design with same hull.
www.patriahagglunds.fi...

www.army-technology.com...

www.ifrance.com...

And about AMOS, it can be also used for direct fire.
You can put multiple shells to air so that they land in same time and point.
The system is designed for ultra-rapid fire rate, reaching a claimed 26 rpm burst, with multiple rounds simultaneous impact (MRSI) at 14 to 13,000m range.
www.defense-update.com...
www.patriahagglunds.fi...

Here's video showing different platforms of AMOS.
www.suomensotilas.fi...

And it just happens to be one of the candidates for US FCS mortar.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by E_T]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I like the two barrel design reminds me of something Ive seen in a video game or something. I would like to see Swiz military tech proven in battle before I would order any. But I dont see that happening anytime soon. I think I would rather still buy from russia or the US which ever country would sell to me. Interest design non the less

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
interesting... i know that the US and several other countries have/are working on semi-modular systems (the stryker and the bradley line are two examples), but these generally consist of a common "base" unit, with different turret systems to choose from. this one here looks to be much more modular, with two different base units on top of the turrets. could revolutionize the use of vehicles in warfare.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Did someone here say swedish army?!?
Isnt that like saying brave frenchmen?
I mean sweden has an army?
What is it like twelve guys sharing a rifle?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That's a pretty dumb comment. Wouldn't you rather be known as somebody who argues well?

I guess not.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sweeden might be small but they do possess high quility technology. They have a high tech navy and the Gripen is one of the best modern fighters in the world.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I was actully joking about everything except the comment about the french.

Play Europes favorite sport
Invade France

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
as far as i know Sweden has a very good army, it would be very difficult to invade them. Their troops are very mobile and trained to a very high standard. They use very mobile water craft to navigate the many islands they have.. i believe they are well crafted in recon and ambush tactics
The standard swedish army rifle is crap though

the swedish army also fields some of the very best cold weather trained troops

A Good site for general swedish army info

www.wendel.se...

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hey since when were my comment against the law? Get off my back but seriously how many troops do the Swedish have and what tank do they use? do they have carriers or nuclear subs?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
All I know about how many troops Sweeden has is that they don't have carriers. But I think they have stealth ships. I might be wrong but I don't think they have nuclear subs. But you don't have to have a lot of troops to be effective. Just look at the UK.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
the swedes use the Stridsvagn 122 - Leopard 2A5 Improved S
Swedish Tank
a pretty good tank

the swedish navy has subs
Swedish Sub

Their army stands at: 53,000 men and womem
General Swedish Army Info

i don't believe they have any carriers, they arn't really that big a country, so why do they need them?????

WestPoint23 you need to research your arguments before you start mocking other nations armed forces

[edit on 14-7-2004 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 14-7-2004 by UK Wizard]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join