It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEP-vehicles. no not stealth!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
what only 53.000 troops and i thought the US military was small they could never win a war with that many troops.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
it's a defensive army, not everyone wants to invade other countries pointlessly (cough... iraq... cough)

Remember Britains army stands at 212,000, but only because we take a large military role in the world, and the UK is very spread out over the world, the swedish army is mainly in sweden

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey westpoint ever hear the story of the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C. where 300 Spartans gave 1,000,000 Persians hell and nearly defeated them. That's 300 vs. 1,000,000 so numbers aren't the main factor in war.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by pATTONME]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
nice one pATTONME, American soldiers specailise in a certain fields of combat where as other countries don't, other countries train in several fields of knowledge to a higher degree because there is less of them

an average soldier from Britain is on average better than a average soldier from America, even you can't deny that westpoint

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sweden has an army, navy and airforce designed to work on as few personell as possible. Why have a gasillion men risking their lives when it's possible by technical means to use only a few? We train our soldiers to be multirole within a resonable area of expertice. I am an ex artillery sergeant and I've trained spotters how to load a howitzer and loaders to give fire orders and fire correction. That way if a sniper takes one man out someone can always take over with a resonable level of succes.. I know that is not the case in many other armies..

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i guess your swedish then clownface... stupid question

the swedish armed forces look pretty good, the tech it uses is pretty advanced

why can't Britain use Swedish military technology it looks far better

i like the modular designs you use in sweden, very efficent and practical

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
First of all it was nowhere near 1.000.000 Spartans and why don't you tell us the end of that story I like the ending. Also no military on the earth can take the US head on in the field and that is fact but the Swedish I suppose don't need a big military as they just want to be in their country and not participate in wars that is understandable. And UK Wizard if the average British soldier is a bit better than the average US solider no need to worry as we out number you 6 to 1

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
firstly who says that the opposition country to america would fight on your terms, no open battles i think, nations don't always fight how you want to most of the time,

and the end of the story is that the few hundred spartans had nowhere to run to so they stayed and got out flanked, and were wiped out
but number for number they slaughtered their enemies

i modern estimates believe it is 300 spartans vs 100,000
still a amazing achievment

[edit on 14-7-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Westpoint with that attitude you won't even rank high enough to polish a tank with that attitude. First off you didn't even pay attention to the story. It was 1,000,000 or so Persians not Spartans. Second yes it was about that many. Ok in modern warfare numbers matter little. One well trained soldier can easily eliminate numerous soldiers. So there goes 6-1 after they mow down your troops with an ambush. The Sweedish are smart they know that if there going to stand a chance they need to take what they can get and make it better. Ever here the about the Battle of Bunker hill. This vehicle is practically tailored to fit Sweeden. Also Sweeden is making some nice cash by exporting military goods like the Gripen. As for no nation taking us on look twords Russia or China. I fight with them comes down to whos smarter not who has the better toys.

[edit on 7/14/2004 by cyberdude78]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
WestPoint23, the US has a military budget of a gajillion dollars. You also outnumber other armies. Your points of US superiority are redundant, we know!

And by the way, the limit for a graphic in your sig is 50 px high. Thanks.

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Look no more arguing simple point the Swedish would not win in a war between them and the us.
If its 50pixles high how come it don't just block it but it lets me put it on any way so I think it will stay there.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Can you shrink it please?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sweden as a neutral country in WW2 was a joke. They sold coal to the nazis and took Nazi gold into their banks. Did they really think Germany was just going to leave them alone if they won WW2.Did they really believe that the USSR would pass them by if they invaded europe I have no respect for any country that chose to be neutral I would respect them more if they did joined with the AXIS during WW2 at least they fought for what they believed.

For any country to act as neutral during such a war is shameful. They profit off the deaths of people on both sides

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
No other moderator ever bothered me about the sig but I was planning to change it anyway also the only reason the Swedish spend or have money for their weapons is from accepting money from every corrupt dictator in modern history.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Sweden as a neutral country in WW2 was a joke. They sold coal to the nazis and took Nazi gold into their banks. Did they really think Germany was just going to leave them alone if they won WW2.Did they really believe that the USSR would pass them by if they invaded europe I have no respect for any country that chose to be neutral I would respect them more if they did joined with the AXIS during WW2 at least they fought for what they believed.

For any country to act as neutral during such a war is shameful. They profit off the deaths of people on both sides

Well actually I can give you another example of stuff we did during that time: We sold steel ore to germany, and told the english exactly when the ships left and where so they cold bomb them..
And us thinking that Germany would leave us alone.. Well I wasn't around in that day but I'm guessing they thought that since we would never be able to repell a german invasion anyway we'll try to stay harmless and hope for germany to lose in the long run. I guess we got lucky..

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
No other moderator ever bothered me about the sig but I was planning to change it anyway also the only reason the Swedish spend or have money for their weapons is from accepting money from every corrupt dictator in modern history.

So care to provide a link to such a statement?
I can give you something to think about meanwhile:
US buys AT4 from SAAB (swedish company)

This link tells about other orders we got from the US and other dictatorships like Australia and Finland

So westpoint we supply you with the worlds best disposable antitank weapon, best present camouflage and training systems.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Clownface]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
By ships are you talking boats why would germany a country that shares a land border with switzerland need boats to ship steel to the industries in german.

So switzerland was back stabbing the germans telling england where the ships were but were also back stabbing england by selling the steel in the first place. I dont think the english sunk ever ship and the ones that made it through could have been used to make weapons that killed allies.

They should have just tried to fight off a invasion even if they were going to lose. Do you think the polish or the other countries that got rolled over by the Nazi war machine thought they could win they still fought anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
By ships are you talking boats why would germany a country that shares a land border with switzerland need boats to ship steel to the industries in german.

So switzerland was back stabbing the germans telling england where the ships were but were also back stabbing england by selling the steel in the first place. I dont think the english sunk ever ship and the ones that made it through could have been used to make weapons that killed allies.

They should have just tried to fight off a invasion even if they were going to lose. Do you think the polish or the other countries that got rolled over by the Nazi war machine thought they could win they still fought anyway

Right, to put the record straight: I'm SWEDISH not Swiss. We have some water between us and Germany..
And had the Germans invaded we would have fought. But until they attack I think it's wise to try every option to keep the enemy away as long as possible. What the swedish government used the time for then was to build our army to a more modern standard. That was needed since we, like france and poland and pretty much everyone but the germans was way behind in strategic thinking and modern equipment.. Germanys Blitzkrieg was a rude awakening to many swedish generals too..

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Care to show me what water you are a land locked country. Why would they ship from a ocean it switerland does not even border any oceans to get to germany?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You're kidding me right? I wrote I'm swedish not swiss. Meaning I am from the country marked "Sweden" top of the map. Switzerland never supplied any large amounts of steel to germany. We did. And note that between the word "Sweden" and "Germany" is a blue streak.. The Baltic sea. And our mines lies at the very top of the map above the polar circle.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join