It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Maiden Devil Worshippers......

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolo
im trying to lay out for you what those symbols mean,, I found a video of Iron maiden using such symbols, i dont know "Metal" so i cant comment, i just found this video and posted it,,,

Ok here are a couple of FACTS.

1) Iron Maiden released an album called Powerslave in 1985. The song 'Powerslave' had an egyptian theme and the artwork as well had an egyptian theme to it. So to make a more visual impact on stage during the tour that followed (Live After Death) they used egyptian symbols like the eye of horus, anubis statues, mummies, pharoah masks etc etc as part of the stage setup. It looks f*ucking amazing live and enhances the 'egyptian-ess' of that one song in particular.

It's like dressing up for Halloween. It's not like people really 'promote' satanism by dressing like the devil. It's just a fun thing to do to bring out the essence of Halloween.

2) Having been a die hard fan of theirs for 20 years I can safely say that they don't have any agenda apart from giving people a damn good time. As far as I know only the drummer is christian while the others don't care about either god or satan.

3) These guys have a 30 year legacy behind them and have fought tooth and nail to get to the top without compromising. And you judge them based on a few seconds of video you found? Seriously man.

4) Their new stage set up has a space/ufo theme with their mascot looking like an extra terrestrial. Does that mean they are part of some NASA alien conspiracy too?

ive partied had to "Metal" in the past!!!

Haha what????

and ive got loads of metel heads as friends!!!

I'd sure like to meet these METEL heads

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Maiden dont sexualise the youth at all, no metal does, listen to The Gale by Insomnium, awesome peice of music that doesnt promote "hoes, money, power"

I think maybe you are reading a bit much into this, when i first heard Guns N Roses back in the late eighties i wanted to be in a band, make millions and have all the girls i wanted...didnt happen but if it did happen i wouldntt be pushin the NWO agenda or be brainwashing people...Its success dude, its what people strive for and it sounds like you havent reached that yet.

Whats with HERES YOUR AMERICAN GLADIATORS!! ? Why shout that out ?...its not a bad show, it has hot women on it so it cant be all that bad.
edit on 10-2-2011 by packinhit because: i couldnt spell

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yeah, about the whole "Iron Maiden don't even realize what they're pushing" seems absurd, they are highly evolved intellectuals that probably know more about the Egyptian History than most of us put together. As far as I understand, Iron Maiden have a deep knowledge of history. And just because some people in the actual "NWO" interpret such symbols in one way does not mean that that is the definitive meaning behind the symbolism, so to say Iron Maiden promote the NWO because they use the same symbols is absurd, to many the symbols have different meanings, and everyone can interpret them in endless ways.

Take for example how people interpret the "Bible", I have seen how people manipulate the words and "select" only certain passages, to get a point across while all the while, they ignore the contradictions that go against their interpretation in the very same book.

BTW, The devil does not exist, except in our selves, people just manifest an imaginary scapegoat so as not to take responsability for the evil within. We have to have equilibrium. To deny the dark side of humanity is ignorant, and irresponsible.

I read something somewhere I heard it two ways, reffering to electricity and also fire but it works both ways, "you can cook a man's dinner with fire/electricity but you can also cook the man.

The devil hahahaha please. (just my opinion by the way)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

and ive got loads of metel heads as friends!!!

I'd sure like to meet these METEL heads

So is this you presuming that your more METAL than my mates?? yh thought so,
i didnt say anywhere that Iron maiden were sexualising the youth, i said that people who associate themselves with such symbols are sexualising the youth, like F**king miley sirus and Britney spears, its like GaGa sticking up for gays, when everyone knows she's a fame grabbing talentless idiot!!!

You all make me piss tbh, the only reason i posted the crappy thread was to catch my mate up on youtube who had 250views and now ive got 1030views, hahahaha this is a dead thread, and the last time im posting! Get onside guys, "This #s got to go",,,, Go watch some bill hicks,,,, Go watch Zeitgeist 1 through 3,,,,

You guys probably still think muslim extremists crashed two planes into the twin towers, and that JFK was shot by some guy in a library!!!
edit on 10-2-2011 by Desolo because: nobs keep "protesting" my grammar,

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Here's a question to consider: Does music influence life, or does life influence music?

In my opinion, the latter has much more truth to it. Bands like Iron Maiden are made up of people like you and I. They started out because of a love for music, not because they're involved with the Illuminati or anything like that.

Real music (NOT the newer popular artists like Lady GaGa or Kanye or any of them) is written and created by people looking at the world around them.

Besides, musicians can't be into the whole conspiracy theory thing?

They both influence eachother these days. Originally it seems the latter was more true, such as blues being borne out of work songs from slavery days, but in this day and age, they're completely symbiotic.

Consider rap as it was in its early days, essentially street poetry reflecting the harsh conditions around them at the times (like the LA Riots resulting in an influx of rap music based around those events). From rap grew hip hop and 'gangsta rap', glamourizing certain aspects of the lifestyle to ridiculous levels, and around these subcultures grew, full of people wanting to obtain that lifestyle. Cue many debut rap albums about tough life on the streets, hard times, wanting to make money to get out of it etc, and then a second and third album about how they made their money and are living the life. Music affects life affects music.

To bring it back to metal, Black Sabbath started off writing material that they felt needed speaking about, because no-one else at the time really was broaching those topics (War Pigs being about the Vietnam War for example), and took quite some critical flak for it, but they carried on regardless, and attracted popularity due to their avant garde heavy style and lumbering pace, as well as controversial subject matter that people could identify with, that they were really feeling but couldn't find another outlet for. Cue a culture with a tough skin that's willing to look outwards and relfect on the world around it, while treading new sonic ground (literally, as technology improved, amplifiers got louder, more distorted, new FX and such were introduced, new musical techniques and styles invented or developed upon (thanks Yngwie

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Iron Maiden is just a bunch of guys who write songs about subjects they think fit the Metal field...that's about it.

I'm a songwriter as well, and with a Hard Rock/Metal band that is about to release our cd. When writing, a lot of the NWO type subjects come to mind, and I'll write about them...and to be honest, it's often more fun to write the song from the perspective of the "evil" side...because it really gets the point across. When you write from the "good" side, it seems, in my case anyway...that you are preaching to your listeners or the song can get boring and weighed down with information. I have a few songs on my cd that I myself completely disagree with...but the songs weren't written from MY perspective, they were written from the perspective of those I disagree with. It just lends itself more to heavy music to sing from the dark or rebellious viewpoint.

I just think it's kind of humorous that a Heavy Metal band can be labeled as part of some grand NWO conspiracy with George Soros or the Queen of England...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Err no I was making fun of your spelling.

Get onside guys, "This #s got to go",,,, Go watch some bill hicks,,,, Go watch Zeitgeist 1 through 3,,,,

You guys probably still think muslim extremists crashed two planes into the twin towers, and that JFK was shot by some guy in a library!!!

I love how you automatically assume that no one has ever heard of Bill Hicks or watched Zeitgeist or done any research on 9/11 and JFK. This is ATS after all doofus. For 90% of the people here this stuff is par for the course. It's not like you've stumbled upon something incredible that no one knows about.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Basically what people are saying is this...

"Iron Maiden was interested in learning about these subjects, then wrote about them, therefore they are for the Devil and the NWO"

Meanwhile, the people making that ridiculous claim ALSO are interested in these subjects, and often write about them on these and other message boards...so under that logic, they must also be for the devil and the NWO.

Wait...I know what you're thinking..."I am interested in it because I'm concerned, so I have gathered knowledge, and spread that knowledge to others while continuing to educate myself" and that's pretty much what Iron Maiden is doing with their music...

So, either Iron Maiden are not evil NWO lovers...or everyone in this thread is a devil worshiping New World Order lackey.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Iron maiden will not turn you into killers,nor will they give you an unhealthy fear of the dark.Listening to it will not mark you with the number of the beast.Be a trooper lad,and run to the hills and blow of a little steam at a nice little place found at 22 acacia avenue.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolo

If someone sold their soul to the Devil and became successful for it, then what's the problem with that? Just because from YOUR CHRISTIAN perspective Satan is an evil mastermind of death and destruction doesn't mean he's necessarily evil (and I am a Christian, backing this up). And look, they all made good music in the end so why does it even matter? Can't you enjoy entertainment as entertainment and not as some secret code that you have to decipher?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
reply to post by Desolo

If someone sold their soul to the Devil and became successful for it, then what's the problem with that? Just because from YOUR CHRISTIAN perspective Satan is an evil mastermind of death and destruction doesn't mean he's necessarily evil (and I am a Christian, backing this up). And look, they all made good music in the end so why does it even matter? Can't you enjoy entertainment as entertainment and not as some secret code that you have to decipher?

IM NO LONGER CHRISITIAN, i've done my research into religion, and into the music industry, ATS hath let me down, yet im still spiritual, "Jesus went to the desert, and there he was greeted by satan" in this story Jesus go's to meet the devil, in which he teaches Jesus on the workings of evil, and when jesus returns he is able to see the money lenders and coin worshippers. Dont presume i know nothing, and never deny God or jesus ,,"just in case"

The problem is by perpetuating these symbols and by selling your soul for money and fortune as is the case with most hip-hop and rap stars "it seems" , you have chosen to live a life of self worship, of ignorance and of evil,
Not evil as in devil worship or ritual sacrifices but evil as in, dumbing down the masses and sexualising the Children evil, as in becoming a talented, singer, actor or metal band member and not actually using that position to do anything other than make more music or make more money evil,

Im allowed to stand against what i see as "Not helping the situation" stance, i live by it, i havent come on ATS to act all self righteous and all knowing, im trying to constantly live and project an aura of knowing something isnt right with the world and seeking what it is, by doing so motivating people on different levels of the search to continue !!!

i dont know the truth yet, and i sure would like someone to propell my knowledge, rather than correct my mis-spellings , peace and love to all, Positive and negitive !!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazerTron
Basically what people are saying is this...

"Iron Maiden was interested in learning about these subjects, then wrote about them, therefore they are for the Devil and the NWO"

Meanwhile, the people making that ridiculous claim ALSO are interested in these subjects, and often write about them on these and other message boards...so under that logic, they must also be for the devil and the NWO.

Wait...I know what you're thinking..."I am interested in it because I'm concerned, so I have gathered knowledge, and spread that knowledge to others while continuing to educate myself" and that's pretty much what Iron Maiden is doing with their music...

So, either Iron Maiden are not evil NWO lovers...or everyone in this thread is a devil worshiping New World Order lackey.

Nice post,,, apart from the last bit,,,

Check Rihanna's new video S&M , check out the subliminals in it,, now ask yourself, do i think every1 who listens to Rihanna is an illuminati/NWO/Zionist/slutty puppet?????

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fatgoblin

Err no I was making fun of your spelling.

Get onside guys, "This #s got to go",,,, Go watch some bill hicks,,,, Go watch Zeitgeist 1 through 3,,,,

I love how you automatically assume that no one has ever heard of Bill Hicks or watched Zeitgeist or done any research on 9/11 and JFK. This is ATS after all doofus. For 90% of the people here this stuff is par for the course. It's not like you've stumbled upon something incredible that no one knows about.

Doofus, making fun of people spellings, wow, ur a great guy !!!
i really wasnt guna reply to this thread until i read this,, i wish someone would have refered some of this "above par" information, the metal heads clearly arent in that 90%, or maybe its just you who make remains in the minority, your clearly an ATS Noob yourself, the title didnt read "BREAKING NEWS, IVE JUST DISCOVERED THE DEVIL"

Twas merely a ploy to get more views than my mate, and it worked a lot better than i thought it would, ok doofus go research inanna, or bohemian grove, or the council of siam, or "The industry exposed", or lileth, or enoch, or maxwell, Lloyd pye, collier, the Anti-terrorist, Vinnie Paz, Sick Jacken, the beatles conspiracy, solomans temple, Read the iraqi war reader, read political terrorism, read Orwells 1984, Read the about the sumerian texts, go ask a mason if i join the masons will i lose my soul,
, Turn vegitarian because you dont trust what your government puts in the meat and an Extra terrestrial told you so, even tho your favourite food is "bacon" or black pudding....... trust me brother, im done with the norm, im in search of some deep sh*t, im too far above par and my swing isnt slipping, i live for this sh*t, conspiracy has become me and still i know nothing,,,,,,,,, and if any1 would like to help me in my quest then link me up

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Iron Maiden, decidedly one of the greatest, most technically proficient metal bands of all time. These guys are talented artists by any musical standard.....and no they are not Satanists.

Here is a song they did called Revelations, which has an obviously and decidedly benign Christian theme. Idiots and religious goobers took the song Number of the Beast out of context and tried to lable it evil, the same way they burned books and accused everyone from Zeppelin to the beatles to Judas Priest of being "of the Devil".

Great band and great song

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join