It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elinin Will Cause Pole Shift March 15th -Is THIS What The A.J Show Caller Was Talking About?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I did a little research with the JPL Small-Body Database Browser and made some interesting discoveries.
The lines in the images represent the orbit of the Earth.
In the first image on March 15th the orbit of the comet is below the orbit of the Earth.
img844.imageshack.us...
In the second image on October 16th the orbit of the comet is above the orbit of the Earth.
img4.imageshack.us...
As to what kind of effect the comet will have on the Earth I don't know,but if the information is
correct the orbit of the comet will not cross the orbit of the Earth.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
ELENIN

ELE Extinction level Event

NIN Ninsun-(DNIN.SÚN) as the mother of Gilgamesh in the Epic of Gilgamesh-(Standard Babylonian version), appears in 5 of the 12 Chapters (Tablets I, II, III, IV, XII). The other personage using 'NIN' is the god Ninurta-(DNIN.URTA) who appears in Tablet I, and especially the Flood myth of Tablet XI.

Watch the left hand when the right is being waved in your face, they love a distraction.

Re D4rK N1ght... His warning was always about a false flag alien invasion. For those who are interested he is in Chile and not the Himalayas at the moment.

Respects

You know it's called Elenin because that's the name of the guy who found it right? Leonid Elenin of Moscow. There's alot of surenames on this site with Ele in them too names.mongabay.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just found this, apparently there will be another NEO 0.118 AU around March 15th (2000 PN9). Does anyone have information on this particular object??

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
However, our highly superstitous ancestors pretty much thought that the coming of a comet heralded a great calamity in the not too distant future, and to be fair, history shows that sometimes this was the case. Coincedence or not? Agreed that it is no coincedence. They were scared for a reason. We listen to our parents, our elders sometimes and ignore them the rest of the time,me inclusive. Maybe we should listen to these story's about comets, the fire from the sky, a little more sometimes than we do. As i dont believe they are tales or story's but FACT.
edit on 7-2-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

edit on 7-2-2011 by eightfold because: embedding

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

Thank you! Question answered

edit on 7-2-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
At some point in the near future, our planet will be hit by Wormwood. Normally, the magnetic shield is strong enough to deflect incoming objects, but at some point, the shield will be too weak to withstand this direct hit. The pole shift and the weakening of the shield is caused by something far bigger than Wormwood. As it was in the days of Noah.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The force of gravity is proportional to the mass of the object and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the two objects. So let's do a quick back of the envelope computation.

Let's assume the comet will be 100 km in diameter and about the same density as the moon (that would be one massive comet, but we'll err on the size of caution here -- I don't actually know how big it will be).

The moon is about 3500 km wide. Mass is proportional to volume, assuming constant density (as we are), and volume is proportional to the cube of the diameter.

The comet is going to come within 0.3 AU compared to the moon's approx 0.003 AU.

So the effect of the comet will be (3500/100)^3 * (0.3/0.003)^2 = 428,750,000 times less than that of the moon (assuming I didn't make a mistake in my calculations or feed in grossly inaccurate info -- it's possible I did).

Moreover, whilst there are some good theories as to how the earth's magnetic field is generated, no one currently knows for sure. There are computer models of different possibilities which seem to broadly agree with the general characteristics of the earth's magnetic field. It seems that it's probably sustained by churning of the molten outer iron core caused by convection and also the rotation of the earth.

However, it is not possible to predict much of anything about it, as it is chaotic. We certainly don't know how to predict reversals, as we have zero data to work with (no one has every seen one because the last one was hundreds of thousands of years ago).

We do know that the measured dipole moment of the earth's magnetic field has been diminishing since it was first measured in the early 1800's, and we know the north and south poles move about pretty chaotically (more rapidly in the last few years than in the decades before it). No reason to suppose that anyone has even the foggiest clue when the next reversal will be.

Certainly no reason to suppose that a comet will have anything to do with it.

I call hoax, as this conspiracy has absolutely zero evidence associated with it so far, and common sense suggests someone made it up just for the LOLs.

Having said that, we are about 400000 years overdue for a pole reversal, there is a comet on its way and March 15th is a date that occurs this year. Those are apparently three facts which can be checked, all of which are very likely completely unrelated.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
JPL Small-Body Database Browser can we put all the know astro's comets on toegther and run the simulation

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

It's just coincidence. Stuff just happens. You can draw lines between them randomly if you like, but they're more than likely completely unrelated.

1500 meteorites hit the earth every year, should we blame them for bad things happening too?

Personally I blame 2009 PN9 for my coffee machine breaking this morning, it seems like the logical explanation.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

2009 PN9 is rather large.

If I squint my eyes I can just about make out a "OMFG!!11!! 1 MILE WIDE ARMAGGEDDON COMET WILL CAUSE POLE SHIFT!!!!!" thread off in the distance.

Thankfully, it's nothing to worry about either.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Karma? for what? we havnt done anything except carve the rugby 7's!

Agreed tho, tsunami's would gobble us up like a tasty treat

Rangitoto would flash boil that water too, so scalding giant tsunamis!

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Well maybe maybe not..Have you seen my signature threads. Even one dream about some sort of rocks falling from the sky. I had the VISION of the tsunami years ago and posted it on ATS. Its all dated. All these things I have predicted is an exact match for this event. Over looked perhaps? I think so.

So everyone look at my sig DREAMS and VISIONS of related events? Makes me shudder and I'm the one that had them... so make of it what you will.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Thank you. Your informative explanation has allowed me to expunge this worry from my life and invite back in some semblance of sanity.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok woah... .WOAH check this out...

SpaceObs.org
According to this website, this comet will be closest to earth on The comet will come closest to the Earth, a distance of 0.27 a.u. (40.5 million km.), in the middle of October.

It will be at its Periapsis on Sept 9, 2011. 9.11.01, 9.9.11?? Crazy Coincidence?

What also got my attention is the name of this Comet.... Elenin... ELEnin .... ELE Remember the movie : Deep Impact?

ELE = Extinction Level Event.

At one point president Morgan Freeman asks: "What do you know about ELE?"

Wonder if this is one of those moments where the Powers that be are sending their Illuminati brethren a message. Or sending a message to those who are smart enough to look and find them.
edit on (2/7/11) by AllSeeingI because: code

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
March 15 is my 22 birthday... I sure hope it is nothing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here is where this Elenin thing gets interesting. Nasa has said there will be a major (Draconid) meteor shower for Oct. 8th 2011, what if Elenin goes through that and then gets deflected or deflects some of the big boys in our direction as it moves through? there is no computer model for that, that's just plain flip a coin right there!

EDIT: ALLSeeingI, you do know the word Nin is Japanese for people too right? ELE-NIN
edit on 7-2-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

As I just posted everyone please see my signature I have already had actually Visions of a Tsunami and a Dream about white rocks or meteors falling from the sky. I had the meteor dream just a short while ago. BUT I posted my open visions about Tsunami a long time ago.. And don't be thrown by when I guessed 09 I did say October but I say in that thread I was only Guessing that I had no idea but all I did know that for sure that the tsunami would happen.

These two things the vision of a Tsunami and my Dream of the rocks falling from the sky both totally relate to this scenario. I had no idea at that time what it all related to. But now I feel strongly that this indeed what it relates to. I'm giving you detail and confirmation that yes, some seriously destructive things are headed are way. All I can say is pray and stay calm, why panic? Panic would help in what way? In no way. So be it.
edit on 2/7/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/7/2011 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hey, guess what is happening right now? We're not having a pole shift.

Guess what else is happening right now? There is a comet that will make its closest approach in about 3 days. I grabbed this from the same jpl database as the earlier screenshots in this thread. (2011 CA7 is the name of it).

This baby is going to come as close as .0018 AU from earth.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Where's all the hype surrounding this one?

edit to add, someone really needs to show me how to put images in posts directly, without linking them.
edit on 7-2-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2011 by semicolonsmile because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Im not worried, just messing a bit, the future is uncertain and any number of things can happen. What will be will be. "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today!"

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join