It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elinin Will Cause Pole Shift March 15th -Is THIS What The A.J Show Caller Was Talking About?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Exactly each coronal ,flare ejection changes the parameters of orbital as posted earlier.Plus the fact of moons position on said dates.emergency announcements would be made prior one month before closest perhelion,so as it gets closer expect some theatrics on the news,although it will in all probaility pass without affect,certainly its tail will interact with earth and could be perturbed by moon,wait and see.
Duck and dive.

edit on 7-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If our moon is on that place it could wipe out our moon right? and debris will fall to earth?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This thread as all those pole #s threads are ridiculous.
Most people don't know anything on comets, on physics laws, this is not even pseudo science.

Pole shifts are a reality, it has been proven. But that a passing comet should be sufficient to start a pole shift

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
d'oh....

Why does it have to wait until the 15th of March?!?

Couldn't it happen before??? I mean, damn it - My property taxes are due March 1st for crying out loud!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

If our moon is on that place it could wipe out our moon right? and debris will fall to earth?
No the moon's even closer to us than that comet.
edit on 7-2-2011 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter

Originally posted by 0bserver1

No the moon's even closer to us than that comet.
edit on 7-2-2011 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

Phew... better be !

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
saying that this may have caused the Chile earthquake seems a bit far fetched the comet was so far away,and aren't comets made up mostly of ice and dust particles,does it even have a magnetic field,i don't think so personally.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
March 15th you say.... Do you have an exact time for that as well?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
gahh...

Wish i hadnt seen that not only is she a windows user..
(which would be semi-ok, i guess)...
BUT she also uses the worst, shadiest browser in history!
"Internet explorer! "

Im sorry,
But I just have a difficult time taking advice from anyone who still uses such ancient, shady systems on their computers. lol

Still,
Im not saying she is wrong, or that a pole shift will not happen..
(on the contrary, I think a shift will happen.. when, I dunno)

I do have a hard time believing that it will be due to comet elenin though.

Unless "comet elenin" is a code word/phrase for something planet sized. lol

Thanks OP,
I always enjoy your posts and thoughts.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well this could be well placed disinformation. A distraction to current events and with the caller to the Alex Jones show, he could be getting setup to fail. Especially with infowars.com and the recent spat with the whitehouse it would seem that it could be an attempt to discredit him? I'm not a big fan of his but some of the information, if you remove the fear factory he creates, is quite legitimate, so this might be damage control from the big boys.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
d'oh....

Why does it have to wait until the 15th of March?!?

Couldn't it happen before??? I mean, damn it - My property taxes are due March 1st for crying out loud!!!

Ain't that the truth!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
IMO if problems start, it would be on sept 25 (aligned with sun and earth but way closer) up to the 18th of oct, 15th of march is bs booboo...
edit on 7-2-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

just wondering...has anyone got an unexpected request to donate blood?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
m!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

On the subject of North and South poles please be aware that the mass of Elenin (we don't know it's exact size yet) will be far too small to have ANY effect upon planet Earth as it passes by,
reply to post by PuterMan

This.

There is no way this comet will cause a pole shift.

The mass needed (electromagnetic or otherwise) pull the Earths core in such a way to cause a pole shift would be greater then any known cometary mass. In fact it could not be labeled a comet if it had that much mass.

edit on 7-2-2011 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

Well yes. Was that not what I said?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by manicspecimen

I received today as well,(request to donate)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lavenlaar
use that applet an fast forward to Oct 17th !
It comes to within 0.24 AU of Earth. or 35 903 520 kilometres

For a reference
Halley's comet in 1986 was 0.586 AU from Earth on passing. 87 664 428 kilometres

Actually when you first get to the page go to the bottom and click on the link "Show Close Approach Data". One info row opens up showing the date it will be the closest to earth.... and that will be.....

October 16 at 7:27
Nominal distance: .241332 AU
Minimum distance: .230813 AU
Maximum distance: .251925 AU

AU: astronomical unit (abbreviated as AU, au or a.u.) is a unit of length equal to about 149,597,870.7 kilometers (92,955,807.27 miles) or approximately the mean Earth–Sun distance.

So where the March 15th date is coming from is anyone's guess.....

Added : go HERE and scroll down to October 16th - delta = .2412 AU
ubasti.cfa.harvard.edu...
edit on 7-2-2011 by eNaR because: Added link to other source

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Necessity to observe the sun in 3 locations ,just posted today,see a pattern,as I say duck and dive has AJ been told www.bbc.co.uk...
They will have the best imagery ever to see the comet,asteroids perturberances.
here is the stereo observatory link.stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 7-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR

Originally posted by lavenlaar
use that applet an fast forward to Oct 17th !
It comes to within 0.24 AU of Earth. or 35 903 520 kilometres

For a reference
Halley's comet in 1986 was 0.586 AU from Earth on passing. 87 664 428 kilometres

Actually when you first get to the page go to the bottom and click on the link "Show Close Approach Data". One info row opens up showing the date it will be the closest to earth.... and that will be.....

October 16 at 7:27
Nominal distance: .241332 AU
Minimum distance: .230813 AU
Maximum distance: .251925 AU

AU: astronomical unit (abbreviated as AU, au or a.u.) is a unit of length equal to about 149,597,870.7 kilometers (92,955,807.27 miles) or approximately the mean Earth–Sun distance.

So where the March 15th date is coming from is anyone's guess.....
It's from a graph done by some professionals I think who aren't even linking that graph to polar shift just a close pass by and a lightshow. Here's a list of "Great Comets" that have passed by earth close enough to become bright for casual observers

List of Great Comets

Near the bottom of the page.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's going to be really close in October, but my only concern is the clouds that are likely to be around that time of year will get in the way of seeing it through my telescope. 8" dobs for those that are interested and you know... understand a bit about the sky.

You guys do realise that far bigger things have come far closer with absolutely zero negative effect, right?

Where's the science behind this (*astronomically TINY*) thing causing a pole shift? What possible reason could there be for that to happen?

To anyone with even a basic understanding of cosmology *none* of the scaremongering on sites like ATS makes any sense.

It's an *amazing* opportunity to get out your binoculars, telescope or just your bare eyes and look at something wizz past us.It should be a joyful & awesome event, instead loads of you guys are trying to scare people for absolutely no reason - this thread is a prime example of how lack of education & understanding combined with a big dose of misinformation can lead to fear.

Get a grip on yourselves and relax everybody, everything is going to be fine. Massive respect & stars to those who're sharing real, solid info in the thread, and no disrespect intended to the original poster.

edit on 7-2-2011 by eightfold because: d-d-d-d-decorum failure.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join