It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternatives to tobacco and other legal 'highs'? Any experiences people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Legal buds don't work if you're looking to get high. Try kratom, which is legal and can easily be ordered online. As for quiting smoking, try an electronic cigarette. worked for me.

Ahh, Thanks for the reminder..
Kratom is indeed a nice herb!
Very niice.

Good call.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
not really a high but if u like the ritual of smoking and want a nice refreshing taste and variety i recommend pipe smoking .. lots of different things from herbal to heavy tobbacco to some nice aromatic tasty blends.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern

As for quiting smoking, try an electronic cigarette. worked for me.

It really does work, a good friend of mine used one to quit in under six months, as soon as I've had my fill of $6 packs of cigarettes that's what I'll do.

Make sure you get a good one. But it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The better ones give more vapor than a regular cigarette, you get your nicotine kick, so you feel as if you just smoked a real cigarette, wminus all the chemicals. After a while, you find yourself using the electronic cigarette less and less.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern

As for quiting smoking, try an electronic cigarette. worked for me.

It really does work, a good friend of mine used one to quit in under six months, as soon as I've had my fill of $6 packs of cigarettes that's what I'll do.

Make sure you get a good one. But it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The better ones give more vapor than a regular cigarette, you get your nicotine kick, so you feel as if you just smoked a real cigarette, wminus all the chemicals. After a while, you find yourself using the electronic cigarette less and less.

Sadly,
Not "minus all the chemicals".
Do people really not research this stuff before they buy it and start putting it into their bodies?

Do you know what propylene glycol is?
("active" ingredient in antifreeze)
You are inhaling it into your lungs every time you pull on an electric cigarette.

Choose ones poison, I guess.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

This so called poison you call it is what makes antifreeze animal friendly these days. Well it`s also in air fresheners and most household products including food. Used in Fog machines at concerts. Research into what you preach would be a good start.

FDA link here says different

www.accessdata.fda.gov...

Aso this link has some good info with many links.
candleandsoap.about.com...

edit on 2/6/2011 by Connman because: to add last link

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Propylene Glycol is in everything from food coloring and cough medicine to shampoo and toothpaste, to fog machines and in asthma inhalers and nebulizers. I read somewhere that some hospitals use it in their ventilation systems as it has disinfectant properties.

Some people do research.

Alright, sorry..this has gotten off topic and I'm not helping but I had to say something.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Legal buds don't work if you're looking to get high. Try kratom, which is legal and can easily be ordered online. As for quiting smoking, try an electronic cigarette. worked for me.

Like an earlier poster, I don't actually want to quit smoking. I like the ritual of smoking, if you will.

Looking online at Kratom, it sounds like it can be quite intense. I'm not sure how much work I could get done on that stuff.

You'd be making a mistake in dismissing Kratom.

It's fantastic.

Its only as intense as you want it to be, based on how much you have. Its infinitely healthier for you than smoking and gives a much better feeling.

It tastes bad but I avoided that by putting it in gel capsules.

Trust me, you should try it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Newcastle Brown Ale.

Seriously...it's the only drink that has ever got me "high". (the bottles are good in hand to hand combat too)

Magical nectar of the gods.
"Eeeeebyegum."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join