It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence about the other gulf disaster, what is NOT being told

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i came upon this website and was astounded by the local reports of the disasterous effects happening all along the gulf of mexicos shorelines and fishing waters. this should be reported as an ongoing disaster, and the potential to harm or kill millions of people has been swept under the rug. i will no longer eat any type of food coming from this region, nor will i even think about going down to any of the gulf states for a vacation.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, this caught my eye:

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Made me think wtf!?!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

S&F

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
Thanks for sharing, this caught my eye:

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

Made me think wtf!?!

what got to me is the sheer volume of reports....they are coming from all over, and from people of all walks of life, out here on the west coast...we haven't seen ANY of this reporting. the BP corporation has down a fine job of downplaying this disaster. wait for a couple of years, and your going to have a massive amount of cases involving disease and health problems.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anyone here that lives near the gulf been in the water since this thing happened? Any effects on you if you have? Also I would imagine that it's in the local water supply by now if it's this bad so just avoiding the gulf waters wouldn't mean avoiding the chemicals. If I can remember correctly they desalinize seawater into fresh water down there right?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Anyone here that lives near the gulf been in the water since this thing happened? Any effects on you if you have? Also I would imagine that it's in the local water supply by now if it's this bad so just avoiding the gulf waters wouldn't mean avoiding the chemicals. If I can remember correctly they desalinize seawater into fresh water down there right?

and..what about all the storms that blow into the united states from the gulf...all of this tainted water is going to end up in peoples bodies...from eating food grown with it, or simply having it on everything around your home...grass, kids toys outside, bar-b-ques, chairs and benches you sit on, the dog and cat that rolls around on the grass outdoors, your local football or baseball field, playgrounds, simple gardening will put you in contact with this stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Like the swine and bird flu etc we are meant to believe that this has all gone away, nothing to see here, biggest oil spill in history yawn whats on the other channel
Makes me sick, a lot of congressmen and BP execs are headed straight for hell after what they have done

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Dude, barry O's got it covered. Health care for U! Besides, the media say that nature took care of the oil and stuff. In two years all you'll see will be restored to a more pristine glory than before the little mishap, right down to the rainbow flavored poop that smells like ambrosia.
edit on 6-2-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here is another good site about it intotheashes.imva.info...

The cover up has been extraordinary but not unprecedented. On the surface it looks squeaky clean but the toxicity and underneath is a disaster. It really lets you know who the government cares about.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Hey I'm from New Orleans, so heres my imput..Noone I know of is sick around here from being near the the oil spill.. yet, but I hear very often on the news of people sick from coming in contact with the oil. even deleloping strange cancers.. Even though we are miles away from where it happened, we could smell the oil burning after the disaster, so to me this is ..not good. They say that the seafood is safe to eat, and I say hell NO! I mean we see on the news here DAILY of the oil still washing on shore! I have not eaten any Gulf seafood since the spill, and when I cook our cajun food I always purchase (yucky) chinese crawfish and shrimp. But NEVER will I eat our seafood again. I feel it is contaminated and will be for years! Luckily our tap water comes from the Mississippi River. And as for BP.. I'm still waiting on my check.. and they are still delaying!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Even though the BP oil spill was NOT the biggest oil disaster in US history, a convenient foreign scapegoat to cover up the actual "biggest in history" perpetrated by an American company in the 90s that has not surprisingly been swept under the carpet and all but forgotten about by "patriots".

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Frther DEEP WELLS are being planned and drilled. Nothiing has stopped. If you want to make a diffetence well, you still have time to write a pointed letter or make a phone call.
You might even want to donate some money to an independant candidate this time round.
The deffinition of insanity iss doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.....
Time to skim the scum off congress next round....

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes-

I find it hard to believe it's just coincidence that all these animals who either live in the sea or off of it, have been dying by the millions in recent months.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I live in New Orleans....haven't been in the water...and won't. I will not eat anything from the gulf waters either. It isn't over by a long shot. Keep your eyes on BP's Atlantis deepwater drilling rig....just google it and see what's going on with it. I think that is the next disaster just waiting to happen, and it's even closer to us than the Macondo well.....sigh

edit on 6-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm back in the Tampa Bay area of Central Florida after a brief hiatus out west - was here during spring and early summer last year and can tell you, even here we could smell the oil THICK every day before noon for the whole month of may... What killed me was that all summer, the idiots around here went nuts - they were out catching tons of fish that were running from the slick, then inviting the whole neighborhood over to eat. Got a friend I've known since I was little and he went to Clearwater Beach every day for a dip. At this point, the doc has had him on like 50 different combinations of meds for his blood pressure, "sudden onset arthritis" (sudden onset?), etc..

Personally, will only drink reverse osmosis water here now, and same for the pets, though I still do shower in tap. My sister lives out here too and didn't go west with myself and our mother, and she's been sick with respiratory problems off and on since it happened. I'm sure here is no where near as bad as what people on the panhandle will be experiencing, but it's definitely even affecting here still

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Yes-

I find it hard to believe it's just coincidence that all these animals who either live in the sea or off of it, have been dying by the millions in recent months.

Do you know if the species of the birds that have dropped from the sky,
are birds that migrate to/from the gulf and surrounding wet lands?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I live in central Texas..not sure if anything could have made its way here thru the air but since the spill I keep getting these really big red bumps on my head, back of neck on my hairline and along my hairline of my face. They are extremely painful and have not gone away. They have a small amount of clear liquid in them, but not much of it. I went to my doctor. He thought they were just some kind of pimple and gave me an antibiotic because they looked infected.
A few people I work with have said they have skin issues as well on their heads. It makes you wonder....

edit on 6-2-2011 by sharintexas because: rewording

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Very good to see people upset about this terrible system and its crimes. S+F

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Yes, and we have had bird kills here as well....The officials say that hundreds of birds ran into power lines etc.....that's why they were all over the road....BS!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i will no longer eat any type of food coming from this region, nor will i even think about going down to any of the gulf states for a vacation.

Just how will you do this? I've been wondering how to do this myself for many months because I am convinced it is not safe. Food origination isn't labeled in the grocery store past country of origination. So, what to do? Give up all seafood originating in the U.S.? I suppose so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join