It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silence about the other gulf disaster, what is NOT being told

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
As someone said before, wait a few years and yo will see diseases health problems etc.

Depopulation anyone????

But yeah, guys keep your health in check and be really careful where you get our food from.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

First, let me just say "Who Dat!!!!"
I'm in New Orleans too....and I don't know about all the reports of mass sickness....I don't know anyone who had gotten sick from this. I'm sure there are some, especially those who worked in the cleanup...but as of now, I haven't seen it. Now, those eating the seafood may wind up sick....I can't believe people are eating it. My son caught some blue crabs, and they had oil residue inside of them!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I read an article yesterday that the government has contracted to sell gulf seafood at all its bases in the US.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

"The source remains unknown"? WTF? Are they serious? I can't believe how much evidence is out there that they refer to as "mysterious" and "unknown". Does it really take a rocket scientist to figure out where this crap came from?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I read that too...un freakin believable!!! They are being used as guinny pigs.....it's not right.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I read that too...un freakin believable!!! They are being used as guinny pigs.....it's not right.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read it. I'm no seafood fan anyway but until I see Obama eat a shrumf pulled right out out of the water I wouldn't touch the stuff. All that corexit has got to be in the fish some way or other.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Exactly! I LOVE seafood, so this really ticks me off. It kind of makes you wonder what else they secretly test on our soldiers, doesn't it? Just like when they had the first nuclear tests etc...they just had them out there exposed to the radiation, and so many died from cancer etc....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No kidding that was going to be my comment too, they subtly tried to get people to eat the poison and it just did not work, sales have gone down 60%, now they are insisting it is healthy and delicious as ever, they say they will be serving it in the cafeteria and selling it in their commissaries at bargain prices to get Military families to buy.

They figure that if the Gov. insists GIs and their families eat then it must be safe!

Agent Orange, Gulf Syndrome, to name only 2 recent issues, and that is not to mention the deadly vaccines they force on them.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Sea Food is my Favorite. I knew that the day would come when this was going to happen, now all I am waiting for is the sun to not come up some morning. I MISS seafood terribly.

And to the member who only eats Chinese seafood, good grief!!! They had their own BP disaster at the same time we here in America did. They used even more toxic amounts of coreexit to hide theirs.

Save what food is left for the aquatic life!!! Without Mother Ocean we are all orphans left adrift in a dead sea.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I know this has probably been answered in a previous thread somewhere, so if you know, please be kind and redirect me, or answer it here... Moisture from the Gulf of Mexico often fuels storms precipitation all the way up here in the Midwest to the North East... now since we've just had the big blizzard, we're covered in two feet of snow which was generated from the moisture coming from the Gulf Stream... how likely is it that core-exit or other chemicals could be apart of this moisture? Is there a way to identify the contamination of core-exit in the snow if it is possible for it to be present? Just concerned and curious... I knew we hadn't heard the last of that event, and that would be with us for a long time.

S&F for the Update

Edit: The first link in the article in OP about a 3000+ foot long mysterious black blob, made me think of the Arctic Black Blob...
edit on 7-2-2011 by ForestForager because: I just had to add more...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alittleironic

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Anyone here that lives near the gulf been in the water since this thing happened? Any effects on you if you have? Also I would imagine that it's in the local water supply by now if it's this bad so just avoiding the gulf waters wouldn't mean avoiding the chemicals. If I can remember correctly they desalinize seawater into fresh water down there right?

Hey I'm from New Orleans, so heres my imput..Noone I know of is sick around here from being near the the oil spill.. yet, but I hear very often on the news of people sick from coming in contact with the oil. even deleloping strange cancers.. Even though we are miles away from where it happened, we could smell the oil burning after the disaster, so to me this is ..not good. They say that the seafood is safe to eat, and I say hell NO! I mean we see on the news here DAILY of the oil still washing on shore! I have not eaten any Gulf seafood since the spill, and when I cook our cajun food I always purchase (yucky) chinese crawfish and shrimp. But NEVER will I eat our seafood again. I feel it is contaminated and will be for years! Luckily our tap water comes from the Mississippi River. And as for BP.. I'm still waiting on my check.. and they are still delaying!

Just out of curiosity, what industry did you work in that was affected by the spill and being compensated for?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The mainstream media doesn't care to continue coverage on the Gulf oil spill...

but thankfully, NASA provides satellite photos of it still

www.nasa.gov...

If you look at the Latest Images, it's painfully obvious that the oil spill is still a huge problem... and this is what we can see, not what BP worked hard to conceal with the ever-toxic Corexit.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They want people to get sick and die - it is all part of the plan people.

(and also about the BP oil spill, have people forgotten about Matt Simmons - the man who was telling the public there were 2 spills)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Frther DEEP WELLS are being planned and drilled. Nothiing has stopped. If you want to make a diffetence well, you still have time to write a pointed letter or make a phone call.
You might even want to donate some money to an independant candidate this time round.
The deffinition of insanity iss doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.....
Time to skim the scum off congress next round....

Excellent point.

Guys, this guy is speaking some truth right here.

Stars for a pertinant point.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
sounds like we are being forced to believe that its all over when its not... typical of the media ... yet again..

also
S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Chinese seafood?
Gulf seafood was the best in the world! The Chinese stuff can't begin to compare...but now it's gone. I used to love barbeque jumbo shrimp...omg...I can't believe how much those bastards took from us!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ok, here I go.I live in Plaquemines parish. I eat gulf seafood every week.The amount of oil put into the gulf is just a fraction, a minute fraction of what nature puts into the water. Example: if you filled a bathtub full of water and the bathtub represented the entire oceans, add one drop of oil and viola! The gulf oil spill. Ocean going tankers dump more oil into the sea than all, All of the oil spills in the history of mankind has. Please do a little more research on the subject. You don't want to vacation down here? Fine, that means I can go to my beach house in Destin, and not be bothered. Have a nice day....(want something really scary though?, try the SPR! Any info out there about wellhead containment failing and polluting the ground water?) hhhmmmmm...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sgtrocknroll

Hi Sgt.....it's not just the oil....but what really scares me is the dispersant (corexit).....they are still spraying at night and who know how much of that is in the gulf? That's why all the oil suddenly disappeared.....the dispersant sunk it to the bottom of the Gulf. I saw some photos of the effects of corexit. When a fish dies, it FLOATS right? Not in the Gulf! Where they had heavily sprayed corexit, they found oil on the seafloor and DEAD DRUM FISH lying on the bottom.....the corexit got into the fish and sunk them too....that's what I am afraid of...the combo of oil and corexit...
edit on 7-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Anyone here that lives near the gulf been in the water since this thing happened? Any effects on you if you have? Also I would imagine that it's in the local water supply by now if it's this bad so just avoiding the gulf waters wouldn't mean avoiding the chemicals. If I can remember correctly they desalinize seawater into fresh water down there right?

West Central Fla here. No we don't desalinize sea water. We get it from Wells.

I'm NW of Tampa, maybe 2 to 3 miles from the Gulf, and I have never smelled oil in the air.
I was reading reports of this when it was ongoing, so I went outside for the purpose of sniffing the air several times. No oil smell.

As to migrating birds. Currently we have migrating Robins going thru. These are the First migrating birds I have seen in about 10 years! Kind of nice to see them, however there is a big downside to this. They bring TICKS!!
Apparently they drop eggs which hatch after the first cold weather sets in. From then I there is no working in the yard.
You might make a note on future bird kills, as to whether they are Robins coming up from the Fla region.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I have said that from the begining girl the oil is in the waters naturally. Of course, not at those levels. The CorExit is man made and all you have to do is look at the MSDS to know nothing good can come of the amount they dumped. Also they were told by the EPA to quit using CorExit and they (BP) continued to use CorExit. Who gets away with violating EPA standards. No one, so why did they ? I always say, follow the money... Also do you recall the little oil eating microbes that created a hallelujia moment ? Just what exactly were those ? Could they be an ingredient in that big black goo ???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join