It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Quest for Physical Immortality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This post will pull together some points I have made elsewhere, but I was in danger of drifting off topic if I pursued them too far

One of my friends is on a quest for physical immortality, and had been so for many years.

Please stop laughing. Thank you :-)

By "immortality" I understand that he wishes NOT to age and die. I'm sure, however, that a well-placed bullet would kill him as surely as anyone else!

(btw my personal interest is extended longevity, I'm a big fan of Alcor, but immortality is something else)

Over the 20 or more years I've known him, he's been variously interested in the occult, food supplements, genetics, spiritual aspects of the martial arts, and mental disciplines leading to "immortality". He's also talked openly about the need (should be be successful in making himself immortal!) to fake his own death and to reappear somewhere else under a new identity. (anyone here watched "Highlander"?)

He also has a social/political agenda, and a goal which he feels will take more than one lifetime to accomplish. So "immortality" certainly wouldn't be boring for him!

(I don't feel it relevant to discuss his personal goal here).

There are several "immortality" threads going on, including someone who claims to have met someone who is 2,800 years old, (unlikely, in my opinion), but I'd like to submit a question to the floor. Assuming that someone acheived VASTLY extended longevity, what definitive test is there to establish that they are indeed "immortal"? Even if you observe someone for (say) 50 years, and they appear not to suffer from age-related deterioration, what proof do you have that they won't drop dead the next day?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxine1969

Do you want to know the meaning to everything?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Letmeput it this way... When I meet my aqatince qt the end of my street he reviled himself as morpheus and when he presented the red and blue pill ... Lets just say I tryedto see how far Down the rabbit hole could go

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Theonlywoody

I'm not quite sure how to respond - if you have information to impart, then I'm always keen to learn. Alternatively, if you're suggesting the futility of seeking answers, then I'd have to say that futile or not, I'm inclined to keep searching

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
x'd
edit on 6-2-2011 by Maxine1969 because: double-posted (sorry)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

How are your friends results so far?

Have they achieved anything?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think if you are going for immortality in human form,there must be some kind of a test you could do to determine if the wannabe imortal is actually immortal,or is just able to live for a much longer period than the norm.
The ends of our DNA fray and degenerate with age,and this I think may lead to potential huge lifespans,if not total immortality.

All you have to do is find a way to stop those DNA ends from fraying and breaking,and you have halted the ageing process in theory.

(That would also give you a way to test if a person is potentially immortal-by looking at the ends of their DNA.)

Of course,we as a species could end up going a different path to immortality:the path of technology,and the melding of our species with it to create some kind of super intelligent,uber collective organism.
It may be possible for us to "download" our consciousness into the hive mind,or we could have new bodies grown for us with stem cells,ready to have our mind transferred into if anything happens to the old body.
They call this time "the singularity"and some think it will occur within the next 30 years,if we don't hit the big red button before then.

I would prefer going down the first path,of DNA hacking our way to a longer healthier life.
No borg singularity for me thank you.

edit on 6/2/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: forgot something.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

My friend was born in 1964, makes no claim to be any older than 47, and certainly he's looking OK for his age. Play "guess the age" and most people don't think he's older than at most 40, but that's hardly a huge achievement.

As far as I know he quit smoking years ago, drinks very little alcohol, eats healthy, and exercises - so at this point in the game you could say that he has done nothing to prolong his life to an abnormal degree, but he's "living healthy" which we all could do more of. Think I mentioned he has (at times) been very excited by different food supplements).

He is keen to tell me, you, and in fact anyone who will listen (!) that through mental techniques it is possible to halt the aging process. As I understand it, his current belief doesn't include a "spiritual" element, although he sees links between spiritual practices and the mental process. (mind affecting the body, basically).

I do agree that people who are cheerful and upbeat tend to be healthier than people who suffer with depression or negative thinking. But I need a lot of convincing that by mental techniques alone he's going to achieve any sort of DNA recoding (!)

As I mentioned earlier he is a "man with a mission" and he's convinced that by extending his lifespan he's going to see his social/political goals come to pass.Maybe that's what's kept him on this quest for so many years.

At times, to be honest, it can be a bit much listening to him, but I'm also fascinated, because even in our society which seeks to promote health and prolong life where possible, I know of no-one else who is so (dare I say?) "fanatical" or "determined" in his quest to live far beyond a normal life span

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The Borg thing doesn't appeal to me either - although the Borg have zero unemployment, every member of their society has work, a home, and food - I always thought the Star Trek writers were making a statement about communism when they created Borg

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Since a shaman journey 12 or so years ago, I've been getting information out of the racial unconscious/askaric library/collective consciousness or whatever you may call it. I do explain in a bit more detail the hows and whys in some of my own threads, so I hate to get too redundant here. I feel it is a legit connection though, and certainly I've been getting all sorts of information I never in a million years could have dreamed up on my own! Nor is it like any other 'version' I see other people being fed.

Anyway, one of the things I see there is the human potential for making full enlightenment. This not only means that whole spiritual awareness thing, but also the ability to shift our physical bodies into a spirit/light form which will be amazingly powerful and pretty much immortal.

So your friend might want to focus on learning more about the metaphysical aspect of things, get going on healing himself emotionally and such to be ready to make that shift. Of course, not everyone will be able to do it, but I believe if you are really desirous of doing so, you will. (At least I hope so, for my own sake! *lol*)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxine1969
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The Borg thing doesn't appeal to me either - although the Borg have zero unemployment, every member of their society has work, a home, and food - I always thought the Star Trek writers were making a statement about communism when they created Borg

I think Roddenbery was tapping into the racial unconscious big time.. that hive mind is very much like the grey's hive mind, although no way in heck would they EVER try to 'assimlate' any other species. From what I see of their ex-grey members that have ended up in human bodies, the greys are very xenophobic and don't want any alien thoughts contaminating their 'consciousness'.

edit on 6-2-2011 by DragonriderGal because: spelling

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

The first thing is that our minds are all Immortal..The human body is a Machine which complies with all the definitions for a machine.IE." It elevates effort"..That being said the fuel for the machine has been so degraded,along with its intended life journey,it can be said to wear faster like any machine if its stressed.In the last two hundred years,life spans have gone up..(In a natural setting fourty years was about the limit)..we now live longer but are more unhealthy.But if you want to have a healthy "machine" which is after all evolving..and therefore not perfect..Remember that you are what you eat..and go for a Monkey diet. Which was what we evolved the best digestion proceses for. Swiss Chard..will! if eaten daily reverse sun damage on the skin a prime cause of ageing.Garlic will! slow down cell division and help your machine get rid of toxin buildups.
Primarily we also need 72 essential elements that we had in the womb..and we arn't getting them in the normal " agro fertilised diet"...You see we have free choice and intelligence...we can choose to eat well..or we can choose to kill ourselves off early..and pay a fortune to the Pharmies..for the pain of a long miserable life.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well .. search no more you have found it

the soul is in a way physical but really is immortal

if you are speaking of your human body .. (the suit)

i advice this movie to you

the man who lived 14000 yrs .. would you really want your body to live eternaly ?
edit on 2/6/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Just wanted to say thanks for your participation in the "I was a grey alien in past life" and the threads about "2012" and enlightment. Thanks a lot, for raising your voice in times of misinformation and hoaxes, without your replies I would have taken every single word of that "former grey alien" for granted. Stars were given for your great threads. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

Originally posted by Maxine1969
Even if you observe someone for (say) 50 years, and they appear not to suffer from age-related deterioration, what proof do you have that they won't drop dead the next day?

Hi Maxine1969, there will be no proof that your friend is immortal at all, especially no scientific proof. Not even a "well-placed bullet" could prove or rebut your theory, as it would just open the opportunity for your friend to fake his own death.

You mention that your friend desires not to age (or has he aleardy achieved it?), so from this point onwards, it would be impossible for "scientists" to determine his correct age (bone densitiy, etc.).

I could start listing here all the aspects why chances are high that the very reason your friend does not suffer from age-related deterioration lies in his healthy lifestyle (no drugs, cigaretts, alcohol, healthy nutrition, a lot of sport, etc.) and genes, but I'm pretty sure that this is not the kind of answer you had anticipated.

Nevertheless, 2012 is approaching and (amongst many theories, some of them fed and spun by external sources), I believe that there will be a change, maybe the SHIFT into the 4th dimension. Whatever will happen it will raise the opportunity for mankind to reach physical enlightment and not only longevity, but also immortallity.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
swirling electromagnetic energy along with other devices could create regeneration of the flesh.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

You should look up Dr 90210, Dr. Robert Rey. I think he has mastered immortality. I always thought he was in his late thirties but I found out the guy is actually 50. Plastic surgeons have found the fountain of youth, my friends.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

@Maxine1969

Be advised that your question does indeed have legitimacy.

Do you understand the significance of the following list ?

• methuselah975, Denmark, M
  • methuselah1113, France, M
  • methuselah1215, France, M
  • methuselah1273, Italy, F
  • methuselah1320, England, M
  • methuselah1428, Russia, F
  • methuselah1507, Germany, M
  • methuselah1582, Italy, M
  • methuselah1623, Poland, F
  • methuselah1711, China, F
  • methuselah1903, Poland, M
  • methuselah1937, England, M

• posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
    link   

I've done some research on this, can't say i've achieved anything.

But there are certain scientific facts which can prolong life, possibly by quite a long time.

One is the fact that oxygen which we use to power the body also damages the genetics in cells, causing them to be unable to replicate correctly. One member above said it was similar to fraying of the DNA. Essentially we're like little nuclear power plants in a way, the energy we need also breaks us down.

By eating alot of antioxidants and doing little exercise (but also eating small healthy amounts so you don't become overweight) the level of oxygen in your body is reduced and over long periods of time you'll notice a difference.

Increasing the percentage of oxygen in an environment will also either speed up or slow down the ageing process, as tested on earthworms

There's more but I'm tired and I forget at the moment, will be checking back on this thread and seeing what other people are saying

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
    link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear

Just wanted to say thanks for your participation in the "I was a grey alien in past life" and the threads about "2012" and enlightment. Thanks a lot, for raising your voice in times of misinformation and hoaxes, without your replies I would have taken every single word of that "former grey alien" for granted. Stars were given for your great threads. Keep up the good work. Thanks...

*snip* (don't want to get slapped on the hand again for 'excessive quoting'. Blah)

...Nevertheless, 2012 is approaching and (amongst many theories, some of them fed and spun by external sources), I believe that there will be a change, maybe the SHIFT into the 4th dimension. Whatever will happen it will raise the opportunity for mankind to reach physical enlightment and not only longevity, but also immortallity.

Thanks for the support SunLightyear.

I do think that the shift is going to be possible because the earth is moving into a section of space that is running at a higher frequency. That is the part that is different about this time as compared to all the other predictions of the 'end times' and such. Because that energy frequency is higher, it will allow us to make the shift into our spirit/light bodies much more easily; sort of like reaching the top edge of the pool when it is filled with water, versus trying to reach the top edge of the pool when the pool is half full.

I think there have been some Tibetan monk types that have been able to make the shift because the energy in the monasteries is artificially high with all the other monks meditating and such. For those fellows to stay in that state though was pretty hard because they weren't being supported by the whole energy field of earth, like those who make the shift in the coming years will be.

I think once you get the hang of it, it will be fairly easy to go in and out of your spirit/light body, but it will be hard at first. Beliefs, toxins, emotional damage; all those things create dark spots in the energetic and physical body and staying comfortably in the spirit light form will require getting those dark spots lightened.

And yes, it's true... our spirits have always been immortal, but with the coming ability to shift into our spirit light bodies, we will be fully immortal. Pretty cool..
    And most likely, once the NWO bunch are kicked off the planet, we humans can get the greys to unblock our ability to remember past lives which will give us some sense of immortality albeit in different bodies. Serial immortality perhaps??

edit on 7-2-2011 by DragonriderGal because: clarity

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
    link   

this is an apology - there has been a lot of activity on this thread and I have been unable to get online for a little while due to an absurd "glitch" with the laptop.

I am online again now, and I intend to review and respond as appropriate

Thankyou everyone for responding

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join