It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear I saw a Pterodactyl

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

edit on 6-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
ive tried several times to link supposedly "real" civil war era photos showing soldiers with dead pterodactyls but the link connection wont work!?!? you can look them up...they are weird pictures and we werent there...so who knows?!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by blocula
www.telegraph.co.uk...
your not alone
^^^ this link did work ^^^

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I believe you. Like someone suggested it could have been a time slip or --my theory---maybe we have scientists that are conducting illegal cloning experiments. Animals escape all the time.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

Herons are very pterodactyl-y. They also make some of the most godawful sounds in the world. Nothing like going fishing in the evening and scariung up one of these things. One moment it's just you and the river, the nest there's some giant prehistoric monster-bird exploding out of nowhere and sounding like it's dying.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper
I believe you. Like someone suggested it could have been a time slip or --my theory---maybe we have scientists that are conducting illegal cloning experiments. Animals escape all the time.
very interesting ideas,bigfoot could be one of these experiments as well...on a human!?...if so thats just terrible.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
WOOOOW I REALLY HOPE YOU RESPOND TO THIS!!!! YOU ARE NOT CRAZY!!!!
Hi Jade! I am so glad I found this forum!! I really hope you see this because you have not been active in a while! I saw the exact same thing that you saw Saturday morning 3/3/2012 at 7:45AM. It was when we had that huge wind storm. I work out in West Olive (MI) near the lake shore and while on patrol I pulled into a parking lot to check out how high the waves were. I could not believe what I saw, I swear it's the exact same thing that you saw only it was brown. It had a very short tail and at first I thought it was some kind of crane, but I noticed that the wings were skin-like. I could see the light coming through them and it looked almost like veins. It was flying near some seagulls that were fighting the winds, but the creature was able to fly through the winds with ease (40mph) and it was probably a little bit bigger in total size than a refrigerator. This is the closest thing that I could find to what it actually looked like but I am not sure what it is called i.imgur.com... (Bottom creature) it's beak or snout was a little smaller though, but the way it's wings were shaped was not like a birds! Oh I really hope you respond to this, I am trying to find a way to private message you but I don't think that this website has that feature? Hopefully you get this!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyeusigrube

i.imgur.com... HERE IS A BETTER PICTURE (though fake) of exactly what I saw

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyeusigrube

A Pelican is the modern bird which resembles a Pterodactyl the most and i'm not saying that this is whats been seen,i was'nt there,but its a possible candidate for what people saw and some of these birds have a 10 foot wingspan and a 14 inch beak...

Pelicans > en.wikipedia.org...

Pelicans In Michigan > outdoormagazine.tv...
edit on 4-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
pelicans really do look like pterodactyls!! herons do too but pelicans much more so and they are HUGE when in flight. not having feathers though.... that's weird.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Interesting story OP, and nice pictures posted by some of you guys. I've read reports of pterodactyls before freaky stuff really. I've seen some large flying creatures in the sky before with a similar look that i just brushed off as eagle sightings, but after seeing those pictures i'm trying re-see what i was seeing in my mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jade2010

This sounds like a horribly strange question but were you near a military base? Google "Superstition Psyops," an actual military term.

I suspect that what you saw was probably some kind of carrion of some variety, neither a Mesozoic reptile nor a military psyop. I am not doubting you, just noting that extraordinary claims have an extraordinary requirement for reproducible evidence.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I saw a banana once. only it wasn't a banana. it was an orange. in the shame of a pear.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by koder
I saw a banana once. only it wasn't a banana. it was an orange. in the shame of a pear.
Pertaining to you comment above...Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?
edit on 22-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK, let me put it this way. If pterodactyls survived the K-T extinction, then they would have evolved in to something vastly different now. My guess is that they might resemble birds. But, either way, they would not resemble *exactly* what a pterodactyl looked like 65 million years ago.

What you saw was probably a hoax committed by a buddy, or some kids pulling a stunt.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
OK, let me put it this way. If pterodactyls survived the K-T extinction, then they would have evolved in to something vastly different now. My guess is that they might resemble birds. But, either way, they would not resemble *exactly* what a pterodactyl looked like 65 million years ago.

What you saw was probably a hoax committed by a buddy, or some kids pulling a stunt.
You've made a very sharp and valid point and i have said before that perhaps the pterodactyls, lochness monster and sea serpents seen by people so many times are actually ghosts and by the way,the prehistoric coelacanths that were found alive and well many millions of years after they were believed to have gone extinct,dont they look the same today as they did millions of years ago? I think they do,or else how would we have known they were coelacanths when we found them?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Fair point. I note that oceanic organisms seem to preserve their phenotypes better. Land and air creatures seem to change. I am not evolutionary biologist, and do not claim to be. That is simply an observation.

As for ghosts, well, I can say that any ghost still hanging around after 65 million years has serious self-esteem issues.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
reply to post by blocula

Fair point. I note that oceanic organisms seem to preserve their phenotypes better. Land and air creatures seem to change. I am not evolutionary biologist, and do not claim to be. That is simply an observation.

As for ghosts, well, I can say that any ghost still hanging around after 65 million years has serious self-esteem issues.

Whats going on with the variation of change during evolution when comparing ocean life and land life? For instance sharks have looked the same for hundreds of millions of years...Whats up with that?...A thread in the making i think?

Ghosts might be souls trapped in a limbo of the lost,those who died violently and unexpectedly and the dinosaurs may have been very swiftly wiped out and very violently by a cosmic horror,that 6 mile wide asteroid hitting earth at around 35,000 mph with a force of around 2,000,000 hydrogen bombs and so maybe thats why some of them are still seen as ghosts so long after that cataclysm happened?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Perhaps the oceanic environment is more conservative than land environments. "Water world" might not force life to adapt so differently over time. Even dolphins and fish converge in their basic body shape, despite their vastly different genotypes. Again, I am no biologist but it is an interesting question.

As for the ghost thing, well, I find politicians scarier than ghosts any day!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join