It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam promotes Terrorism.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

NOTE: If they you believe they are misinterprations then please state why, and provide some evidence to support your convictions.

Again, This is not about Christianity - Islam wouldn't be on the news if it wasn't for the current observation of Islamic cults, especially in the middle East. It's statistically the most violent religion at this present moment in time, debate that if you want. But i can provide some statistics to back up my argument if you'd like?

Christianity is reformed, I'm not aware of any Christian suicide bombers worldwide, please link me up if you've got any articles.

I'm not aware of any Bhuddist extremists bombing people.

In fact, i'm not aware of any current religions that actively encourage Jihad and Martyrdom....

Please, provide evidence that my extractions are misterpretations, even if you have to reference true translations of the original arabic scripture. Please do so, educate us.

edit on 5/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

How are you so sure that it is islamic extremists that do these attacks. Looking at history at such things as The Lavon Affair (israeli false flag to be blamed on arabs), King david hotel bombings (israeli's dressed like arabs) and other strange events. Who really benifits from these terror attacks. Who really benefits from the constant islamaphobia spread across tv screens around the west?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

These people you speak of are fanatics and there are only a few who exist now in the context of political strife.

Ask yourself why there isn’t any information of Muslim terrorists in the past other than when some Muslims where fighting the French in North Africa in the 60’s.

If you don’t understand or know that there are murdering Christian and Jewish fanatics TODAY then you don’t follow the news.

But compared to the Muslims there are Christians for example that dropped the bomb of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and there are Christians who started both world wars that did in more people than any war in history.

If that illustrates that Christianity has been reformed . . . my goodness man . . . what you are talking about compared maybe to a few thousand people today!

You are basically blinded by your own inner morbid fears and prejudice and I am sorry to say lack of knowledge..

You keep asking for sources . . . well you should do your own research before displaying your demonstration of superficial trite analysis, and I am sorry to say Ignorance.

edit on 5-2-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Have you read the manifestos of some of these Islamic-inspired cults? Have you read their ideology?

Do you understand the empirical evidence that is avaialble, to link the attacks to ideology expressed in Islam? - Martyrdom and Jihad ARE concepts that are expressed in these "holy" doctrines.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Now, I know that the OP has decreed this a Muslim-Hate-Only thread (he refuses to acknowledge actual responses to his initial claim, deflecting or ignoring them) but I must chime in again.

How can this be a fair debate if you say something like "I know of no other religion that promotes jihad and martyrdom" and you explicitly say "there is to be no discussion of Christianity"? Your rules for this thread prevent any kind of actual response to your bullpucky. It confines all responses to the domain of "defenses of Islam" which you deftly sidestep by saying "Oh yes I have statistics to back up my tired claims", as if statistics are objective, and as if the mere claim that you have statistics is enough to silence opposition.

Now, I and others in this thread have pointed out that 'terrorism' is A) not limited to Islam B) not commanded of Muslims by the quotes in your OP. Can you explain what makes Muslims so much worse and more 'immature' [you are a bigot] than Christians committing mass murder in the name of their god?
edit on 5-2-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Again, i referr to the reformed stances of Christianity, especially in Western societies. Their presence is somewhat benign in most Democratic secular ruled goverments. There's FEW militant Christian groups that i am aware of.

There's very few "Christian ruled states" (perhaps even NONE) that punish apostasy with with death. Can't say the same for some Islamic theocracies.

There's very few Christians that practice the stoning of women derived from their belief in religious doctrine.

I actively encourage argument against my findings. Again, if you think the passages are in contrarary to what the original doctrine has preached then please do....provide evidence.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As I said before (which it seems you ignored), the matter isn't about misinterpreting or interpreting in another sense the text that is there, I'm sorry, but your quotations (or technically, the quotations from the website you got it from) are basically just WRONG. There's no better way to say this. Your quotations are false. WRONG.

For example:
The first verse you quote, is "2:190-". Interesting that the part quoted doesn't even INCLUDE verse 190, it starts from 191. It would've been nice if they had included 190, because that is the verse that says:

190: Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.
191: And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.
192: But if they desist, then lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
193: And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers.

So yeah, fighting against those who fight you is not terrorism.
At this point, if one were an impartial, unbiased person, looking to understand the truth, you'd drop this source (a so-called "christian" website knocking on Islam...how unexpected
) of yours like a hot potato, and kick it away. I will be viewing your reaction with interest.

edit on 5-2-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

LOL. I'm glad your observing my reaction, isn't what we all observe when we participate in debate.

Again, even with your tame versions of my translations, they still promote separatism.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I didn't "tame", anything, I'm sorry. I showed how they were absolutely wrong and biased. "Taming" would be suggesting that a lion is very much like a pussycat. What I did was more akin to showing you that the sky is not, in fact, green. I observe...if after this, a person still insists that the sky is green, or attempts to change the subject, or tries bringing attention to how the grass is green, then I start getting the feeling that the "debate" is going to be fruitless and futile.

Islam is a religion. Obviously, it is going to suggest that it is better than the other religions. I am not sure what you mean by vague terms such as "separatism", but I thought this thread involved an attempt (so far unsuccessful, at least insofar as the original post goes) to connect Islam to "terrorism", not "separatism".

EDIT: Sorry if I came on a bit harsh. I'm tired, this topic (and similar/same mass-quote lists of so-called evil verses) has come up literally (and I'm not using the term in an exaggerating fashion) hundreds of times before. I may soon head to bed, to see this thread bloated into a 20 page monster when I wake up.
edit on 5-2-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I didn't "tame", anything, I'm sorry. I showed how they were absolutely wrong and biased. "Taming" would be suggesting that a lion is very much like a pussycat.

You provided no referenceable source for your claims. If you can find the original arabic scriptures and translate for us, using the sources included on each passage and then assure us that this ideology does not promote discrimination against non-believers, or express ideology of Martyrdom and Jihad then please do go on.

But many historians have studied the original writings and concluded the same immoral preachings, these destructive and sinister preachings. Many moral and ethical philosophers deteste this wicked ideology.

For each passage, i want you to find the according verse, and tell me i am a liar and i have manipulated the original messages. If you are unwilling to do so, stop accusing me of being "wrong" and "biased"

It's more sinister and serious then any other abrahamic mono-theistic doctrine, it insists upon itself.

I havn't been rude so far, so please refrain from making claims without evidence ("wrong", "biased")

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

smed,

i don't worship idols. i don't have a crucifix, nor a rosary, nor do i pray to statues, and i'm a christian. christianity is what jesus says it is, not what the popes said it was. your argument needs some fine tuning. you need to present it against the words of christ himself, not against what the papacy taught. otherwise, a goodly porition of christians who are not catholic, will be unconvinced by your argument, since they don't worship idols.

secondly, you need to define what the LAW is, because, if you're including the entire mosaic law, you're not dealing with the commandments *which christians view as the law." they don't think stoning is viable anymore, for example. i mean, how do you forgive people, over and over again, judge not lest ye be judged, and then judge someone to death by stoning?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i think it's like christianity. some muslims disagree with wahhabism for example, which is fundamental in nature. some are more mystical, combining more than one school of thought, such as sikhism. this guy is a sikh (watch it with speakers on

(hint: it's a love song)

i think there are examples such as this in every religion. where the problem arises, is as i said in the other thread: marxism has combined with the fundie muslims and the result is what you see. it's not the moderate or mystic muslims, but the hard core folks with major political and financial clout coming from marxist leaders (and wealthy royals like the saudi princes)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Was a reaction to the video - Thanks - it was entertaining, and yes these people do APPEAR timid.

There are many timid religions. Bhuddim is one - But even the belief structure has very sinister implications; Reinarnation causes people to be careless towards others and animals because they believe others will get what they deserve in the next life - "the system will sort it out".

Anyway, i digress; this thread is regarding fundamental preachings of the Koran, and if you have any sources which correct the passages i have sourced then please do so. Like i've said, i don't believe they are mistranslated or misinterpretted. Their messages and implications are crystal clear.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by undo

Anyway, i digress; this thread is regarding fundamental preachings of the Koran, and if you have any sources which correct the passages i have sourced then please do so. Like i've said, i don't believe they are mistranslated or misinterpretted. Their messages and implications are crystal clear.

i would suggest reading them in their proper context. that may clarify how they should be applied. take into consideration time frame, whether they were in the original texts or things written by other teachers after the passing of muhammad and if they are being applied to a particular situation, as a metaphor or literallly.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
you tapping rubbish my friend...
who is the biggest terrorist in the world atm.. who has overthrown democracies and installed and supported dictators with the cia. who has just started two illegal war without the backing on the united nations. no not muslims my friend, but the usa and you have the audacity to point the finger and call others terrorists!
i posted a pic up today of the christans in egpyt protecting the muslims whilst they were in prayer. the muslims done the same for the christans there when after the bomb was left outside a church.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
people are people are christans and muslims have had many peaceful times in the past

so stop the hating

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Of course i will hate awful ideology. Did you not hate Hitler's ideology? Religion is definetly not Nazism, but it's not free from criticism.

Of course there are OTHER forms of terrorism. My point is that Islamic ideology promotes "Terrorist" ideology and discrimination against non-believers. Stop patronising me and read the OP. This thread is regarding the content i sourced. Disagree with it? Research the passages accordingly before passing judgement on the intent of this thread.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
All Religions are nothing less than a cancer of the planet. Eliminate them all. Adults do not need imaginary friends. Its TIME FOR FOLKS TO GROW UP ALREADY and leave the dark ages for cripes sakes!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by purplemer

Of course i will hate awful ideology. Did you not hate Hitler's ideology? Religion is definetly not Nazism, but it's not free from criticism.

Of course there are OTHER forms of terrorism than Islamical-inspired terrorism. Stop patronising me and read the OP. This thread is regarding the content i sourced. Disagree with it? Research the passages accordingly before passing judgement on the intent of this thread.

really i know many muslims and they dont cause me any trouble, they dont want to blow me up, they dont preach to me and.....
omfg the dont fly planes into my house. Islam means the way of peace.
so why all the islam phobia, is it the islams they are flying half way round the world firing round of depleted uranium, is it the muslims that have just gone and killed 2 million people. No!
and it is very dubiouse if they had anything to do with 911. so what exactly are they guilty off apart from trying to get on with there own lives. oh stupid me ofc the taliban, funded by the cia...

stop the hating...
kx

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join