It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

IMPORTANT - Visit this government site and download shocking scientific reports before they disappea

page: 7
316
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Man i used to use that site about 8 years ago, its bullcrap that you can post that link and get like 32 stars.

Garrghahahgoiej


dont hate the player hate the game

just kidding , had to say it




posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Apparently Ununpentium is nothing new:
en.wikipedia.org...
Discovered in 2003



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
reply to post by iamahumandoing
 


In the near the future this will be replaced with the iphone effect.

good video , never seen that one before


edit on 5-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)


Thanks
I'll give the link again for everyone:
video.google.com...#

Also you may want to check out this site: www.aetherometry.com...



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

SANDIA REPORT
SAND2006-7909
Unlimited Release
Printed February 2007
Policy Implications of Technologies for
Cognitive Enhancement


Wow!


This activity is perhaps surprising given the still-speculative nature of most of the technologies (and,
therefore, of the social implications of those technologies). Nevertheless, such future-oriented
discourse allows democratic societies to begin to prepare for the considerable challenges and
opportunities that cognitive enhancement may create



II. The Technologies

Nanotechnology, biotechnology, information technology, and cognitive science have been
converging in several ways to enable cognitive enhancements. Nanotechnology is providing
research instrumentation for improving knowledge of brain structure and function, as well as new
means of drug delivery. Neurobiology is developing increased understanding of how brains and
associated neural systems work. Information technology provides signal processing capabilities for
neurobiological research and for interfaces among sensors, computers, brains, and prosthetic
devices; it also enables modeling and simulation for computational neuroscience. Cognitive
neuroscience has extended traditional cognitive psychology into the realm of understanding
correlates between brain structure and function and cognition.
www.osti.gov...


Ouch....at least they're thinking about the implications I suppose but I can see little brain cells and dollar signs lighting up all over the place.


edit on 5/2/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and a general link



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66
 


All it takes is a small leap of the imagination to see what this will be used for... I'm a little (a lot) suspicious of the set-top box updates everyone here in the UK is getting at 3am sharp every morning. The one last night sent my computer crazy and gave me a splitting headache for its 15-minute duration...

Nice find by the way


And for anyone who hasn't seen it yet here is the link to my HAARP discovery:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the link for the related .pdf:
www.osti.gov...

edit on 5/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: addition

edit on 5/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: links added, my head hurts...



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Living on the moon? I find some of these documents difficult to understand: But this one in particular looks interesting.


We will begin to learn how to live in space by
colonizing the inner Solor System ---by making small corners of the Moon
habitable, and by useing the abundant resources of the moon and Earthcrossing astroids to build actual apace colonies at the Lagrangian polnta in the Earth-moon system or other suitable localee (cf O’Neill
)977)0
Although these early settlements would start small, and might
give the illusion of isolation, they wouid soon grow and their
inhabitants would never be very far in travel time, much lees
communication time, frum other communities.


Very interesting! Thoughts?
library.lanl.gov...



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle
 


A lunar settlement is certainly something that would be useful in launching missions to other planets, there are papers on OSTI about that too!

I remember seeing a programme on TV a few days back pointing to something similar, could've been a dream though, I'm not sure recently haha....



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Damn.. type New World Order and you get information on particle weapons, space warfare, genetic memory, Operation:Castle, cloning, subjugation of wealth, radio carbon dating on tombs,

Type Alien or Area 51 in and it get sbetter.

Charged particle beams, projected death toll of particle attack, portal openings, early warning systems, US Biodefence perimeter, warp drives.

holy crap


Is this site real or just made up?
If it is the real deal, it is probably illegal..

S&F



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth
 


Cool info


Haha maybe TPTB know it's too late for anyone to do anything about this stuff....
A possibility I don't really want to entertain but there it is.
Found a scary article on artificial life and how it's going to become either humanity's ugliest/most beautiful creation. The implications are mind-blowing. They even say it will self-evolve and reproduce!! Wish I could do that!!

www.osti.gov...


Within fifty to a hundred years a new class of organisms is likely to emerge. These organisms will be artificial in the sense that they will originally be designed by humans. However, they will reproduce, and will evolve into something other than their initial form; they will be alive'' under any reasonable definition of the word. These organisms will evolve in a fundamentally different manner than contemporary biological organisms, since their reproduction will be under at least partial conscious control, giving it a Lamarckian component. The pace of evolutionary change consequently will be extremely rapid. The advent of artificial life will be the most significant historical event since the emergence of human beings. The impact on humanity and the biosphere could be enormous, larger than the industrial revolution, nuclear weapons, or environmental pollution. We must take steps now to shape the emergence of artificial organisms; they have potential to be either the ugliest terrestrial disaster, or the most beautiful creation of humanity.
]


'We must take steps NOW'....
Publication Date 1990 Jan 01
Erm..........................

edit on 5/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: link added

edit on 5/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: caption added

edit on 5/2/11 by iamahumandoing because: final thought

edit on 5/2/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Slow down, it's a government site, it's not like they accidentally put these links up.They put them up for a reason. Why? There's the million dollar question. It begs the question, why would they let us have this stuff so willingly? It's a government site and if there's one thing I know about government, they don't willingly show their dirty laundry unless it's disinformation, lies....or the world is ending.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Caution....it may be a kind of Pied Piper, Ratties!



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by green1
Caution....it may be a kind of Pied Piper, Ratties!


Haha gotta love synchronicity, I've just got a set of panpipes, Zampona they're called I think...I can't play them yet but I'm working on it.

Fair comment though



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamahumandoing
reply to post by Wildeagle
 


A lunar settlement is certainly something that would be useful in launching missions to other planets, there are papers on OSTI about that too!

I remember seeing a programme on TV a few days back pointing to something similar, could've been a dream though, I'm not sure recently haha....


I'm pretty confident there is SOMETHING permanent on the moon already.

Might be ours, might be alien, but i just can't believe they left the place alone all those years after first landing there, but that's a topic of it's own.



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
nice find

some detailed info on Apollo 17 including photos, drawings and mission transcripts
www.osti.gov...



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Man i used to use that site about 8 years ago, its bullcrap that you can post that link and get like 32 stars.

Oh wind your neck in, you sound like a sulking toddler



Well done OP for bringing this to our attention, even though the information isn't classified, it happens to be very interesting none the less & contains subjects that many here have argued to be but mere speculation!

S&F

edit on 5-2-2011 by L.J.C because: spell



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Wow Artificial Neural Networks for robots to make them more human-like.



Artificial awareness for robots using artificial neural nets to monitor robotic workcells





Current robotic systems are unable to recognize most unexpected changes in the work environment, such as tool breakage, workpiece motion, or sensor failure. Unless halted by a human operator, they are likely to continue actions that are at best inappropriate, and at worst may cause damage to the workpiece or robot. This project investigated use of Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) to learn the expected characteristics of sensor data during normal operations, recognize when data no longer is consistent with normal operation, suspend operations and alert a human operator. Data on force and torque applied at the robot tool tip were collected from two workcells: a robotic deburring system and a robot material-handling system. Data were collected for normal operations and for operations in which a fault condition was introduced. Data simulating sensor failure and excessive sensor noise were generated. Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) were trained to classify operating conditions; several ANN architectures were tested. The selected ANNs were able to correctly classify all valid operating conditions and the majority of fault conditions over the entire range of operating conditions, having [open_quotes]learned[close_quotes] the expected force/torque data. Most faults introduced appreciable error in the data; these were correctly classified. However, a small minority of faults did not give rise to a detectable difference in force and torque data. It is believed that these faults could be detected using other sensors. The computational workload varies with the implementation, but is moderate: up to 2.3 megaflops. This makes implementation of a real-time workcell monitor feasible.
www.osti.gov...

edit on 5/2/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and a general link



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I searched "Mars" and found a few interesting ones:

LIBS-based detection of As, Br, C, Cl, P, And S in the VUV spectral region in a Mars atmosphere.


Several elements important to planetary geology (e.g. Br, C, Cl, P, S) and the human exploration of Mars (e.g. toxic elements such as As) have strong emission lines in the purge and vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) spectral region (100 to 200 nm). This spectral region has not been extensively studied using geological samples. Prior LIBS work by others examined sulfide mineral indentification and Cl/C and Br/C ratio determinations in organic materials. We studied emissions from the LIBS plasma in this region using a sample chamber filled with 7 torr (930 Pa) of CO[sub 2] to simulate the Martian atmosphere. Lower pressures were also used to evaluate the effect of residual CO[sub 2] on the spectra. The effects of time delay and laser energy on LIBS detection at reduced pressure were examined. The effect of ambient CO[sub 2] on the detection of C in soil was also evaluated. Lines useful for the spectrochemical analysis of As, Br, C, Cl, P, and S were determined, calibration curves prepared, and limits of detection determined for these elements. The experiments reported here were aimed at in-situ (closeup) analysis rather than stand-off detection at many meters.


I read this one, it was very technical and hard to understand. are these emission lines new or increasing or anything like that?

and i read this:
WET MARS: Plentiful, Readily-Available Martian Water and its Implications

I highly recommend downloading that one. it is very interesting.


Water and its major constituent, oxygen, in large specific quantities are essential for maintenance of human life. Providing them in adequate quantities is widely believed to be a major challenge for human exploration and settlement of Mars. The Martian regolith isn't known to bear either water or hydrogen, the ice-rich Martian polar regions are thermally inhospitable, and the measured water content of Mars' thin atmosphere represents a layer of liquid water of average thickness only [approx]1% that available on the Moon, or [approx]0.001 cm.....[cut short]
www.osti.gov...



I was thinking,

If Mars is water rich, couldn't it be easily terraformed by an advanced civilization?

Is Mars changing? What is causing this change? Is it natural or artificial change?

edit on 5-2-2011 by Colton because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/2/11 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and a general link



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

Wow Artificial Neural Networks for robots to make them more human-like.



Artificial awareness for robots using artificial neural nets to monitor robotic workcells





Current robotic systems are unable to recognize most unexpected changes in the work environment, such as tool breakage, workpiece motion, or sensor failure. Unless halted by a human operator, they are likely to continue actions that are at best inappropriate, and at worst may cause damage to the workpiece or robot. This project investigated use of Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs) to learn the expected characteristics of sensor data during normal operations, recognize when data no longer is consistent with normal operation, suspend operations and alert a human operator. Data on force and torque applied at the robot tool tip were collected from two workcells: a robotic deburring system and a robot material-handling system. Data were collected for normal operations and for operations in which a fault condition was introduced. Data simulating sensor failure and excessive sensor noise were generated. Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) were trained to classify operating conditions; several ANN architectures were tested. The selected ANNs were able to correctly classify all valid operating conditions and the majority of fault conditions over the entire range of operating conditions, having [open_quotes]learned[close_quotes] the expected force/torque data. Most faults introduced appreciable error in the data; these were correctly classified. However, a small minority of faults did not give rise to a detectable difference in force and torque data. It is believed that these faults could be detected using other sensors. The computational workload varies with the implementation, but is moderate: up to 2.3 megaflops. This makes implementation of a real-time workcell monitor feasible.


this ties into your find.
Humanoid robots. Images included in link.
e-reports-ext.llnl.gov...



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iamahumandoing
 


The site is down now,, may be i am late.. i am finding proxy here



posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle
 


strange it went there and started downloading, then told me that i didnt have permission to
read the document



new topics

top topics



 
316
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join