It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the slander : Obama is a Christian

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Of course he's a Christian................a black seperatist, racist one, but a Chritian none the less. As bad as he is trying to screw us, why does it matter anyway? His religion really doesn't matter at the end of the day, where as the screwing he and his administration re giving us do.

How has this administration screwed you differently from the past administrations??? The US was in deep doodooo even before Obama ascended to the presidency. Please elaborate, rather than spew hate. Black Seperatist???? I am laughing at you right now!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Reading some of the posts on here, it is quite evident that many don't actually do their research before posting generalizations. I'm not sure if you knew, but Bush had a very close relationship with many Muslim organizations both in the US and abroad. He attended more Muslim events at different Mosques across the nation than either Clinton or Obama. He felt it was very important for Americans to make the distinctions between Islam and Muslim extremists...just as we have our fair share of christian extremists.

Now does Bush's relationship with the Muslim community make him a Muslim? Give your heads a shake. It is this naivete and ignorance that weakens a nation.
edit on 4-2-2011 by Tiste because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by jibeho
I find your comment about his father to be most amusing. Consider that his "father" left the family including baby Obama and never looked back. The man had absolutely no hand in the nurturing of Obama through the years. Pretty sad really...Bringing up Barack Sr. is a waste of time and logic. The only stability and guidance that Obama ever got was from his grandparents. If anything, according to your logic, he is one of them first and foremost.]

Fom linked transcript in OP:

My father, who I barely knew — I only met once for a month in my entire life — was said to be a non-believer throughout his life.

Who's waste of time? I'd say it is relevant to the shaping of his life. Perhaps he equates his Fasthere and everything he stood for to be the motivation for him to seek spiritual solace in another form of religion.

But thanks for telling me what I should and shouldn't do or think. :shk:

Let this thread serve to dispel the lies, myths and tactics of those who are blinded by intolerance. As always, I service what I sell. So bring it.

edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

You said Obama's papa was a Muslim, your words

BHO's father AS YOU KNOW was a Muslim.

and yet Obama refers to him as a "non believer". Which is it? The Muslims don't support the idea of only being half Muslim. Is Obama still "one of them" if his father was a non believer. Muslims have a term for "non-believers"... They are Infidels! or Kafir. Let's apply your logic to imply that Obama is actually an infidel due to the influence of his "non believer"/muslim/kafir papa.

Please service what you sell because its time for a refund.

I know all about Obama and his dad. Been there... read the official book. I want a refund on that also.

edit on 4-2-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

There is something called nuance.

His father was probably a member of the Muslim community but his father could have been a non- believer too.

It is common for people to participate and try a religion on before becoming non believers.

Just saying...

Gg

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
You said Obama's papa was a Muslim, your words

BHO's father AS YOU KNOW was a Muslim.

and yet Obama refers to him as a "non believer". Which is it? The Muslims don't support the idea of only being half Muslim. Is Obama still "one of them" if his father was a non believer.

I interpret his words regarding his father as a non-believer to mean he was a non-believer of Christ. Then it all makes perfect sense, no? I suspect our disagreement is all about context. If, for example, I ask you to define wind, would you explain a clock mechanism or a breeze? Both would be correct, no?

It is all about context my friend. When I see BHO I see a sincere and honest man striving to be the best person and leader he can be. I'd wager you see something vastly different. He is the same person nonetheless. Both would be correct, no?

I am happy to provide a full refund as long as you have your receipt.
(Nice barb, btw.) You know I'm a sucker for great sarcasm.

edit on 4-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Obama is a lot of things. But a christian ain't one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what religion Obama is. He is the worst US President in history and his pathetic incompetent behind is going to be thrown out with the trash where it belongs in less than 23 months.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by enigma91

reply to post by EssenSieMich

Howdy fellas, in a rush? Too busy to add any substantive arguments? You know with a logical premise or were you just doing a drive by? This ain't twitter.

edit on 5-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Aren't elected officicals suppose to leave their religious beliefs at the door when they check into work? You know that whole seperation of Church and State thing. I personally don't care what religion a politician is when I am voting.

Who cares if they believe in Christ, Allah, GAIA. If they wan't to worship a rock I could care less.

Stop letting religion run your lives. What actual evidence does anyone have that religion has directly affected their lives. Other than just FAITH!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Since someone asked for proof,

You can google "obama mocks bible" and see 61,000 results...

One of them is Obama himself speaking what he believes...

Obama speaks

Or you could just openly admit that you love and support obama so much, that no matter what he says and does, you will still support and adore him and always try and help him by repeating his lies.
edit on 3-2-2011 by alienreality because: eta
I don't see anything wrong with his comments. He was saying that as a person he is a christian but as a president he presides over an entire nation of differing faiths and even atheists. He cannot force his faith and values on everyone. He's just trying to be fair and doing his best to separate his faith from his role as president. I don't see the issue here at all. He gave lots of examples.

Many evangelicals forget that there're many loose or blue state christians. They do not read the bible word for word. There're churches that not only accept gays but encourage them to be themselves. They don't all have pastors that go on and on about hell and condemnation and fire from heaven. That's a lot more conservative and aggresive than something in a more relaxed church, not to say it doesn't exist in blue states - it does. But there're many types of christians. They all believe in jesus christ but they differ in smaller details. To say one is more christian than another is subjective.

The southeast is known for producing democrat (liberalish) christians. Jimmy Carter is an example.

A quote from him is referenced on wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

From a young age, Carter showed a deep commitment to Christianity, serving as a Sunday School teacher throughout his life. Even as President, Carter prayed several times a day, and professed that Jesus Christ was the driving force in his life. Carter had been greatly influenced by a sermon he had heard as a young man, called, "If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?"

I've heard comments from him about when he was growing up seeing how blacks were segregated, even in churches! This had a profound impact on him and is one of the reasons he focused so intensely on human rights in his life. Call him weak, but he's a genuine american.
edit on 5-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

c'mon.
we all know that he has no real faith. in anything. i enjoy the man(not his politics) but he's a narcissist. the only thing that he has shown that he has faith in is the belief that he is intellectually superior to the common man(us). i believe he has an emotional attachment to the muslim faith because of his familial history. i believe he has no attachment, whatsoever, to the judeo-christian faith outside of what has been in his best interests for his long term political goals. i.e. attending a church is a good look. in which he chose a church that an undercurrent of revolutionary thought that he could identify with. i believe that he is fairly atheistic in thought, for the most part. who knows...but i don't think that his belief in God in any way plays a role in his life and politics. it would get in the way of what he wanted.

that's just my 2c

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Omygod!,who the # cares what religion he claims to follow?.
Omygod!,who the # cares what religion he claims to follow?.
I mean really,what difference does it really make?.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This guy is anything you want him to be.When a person can't talk about his belief's without a writen statement from which he could not finish one sentance without looking down then to me anyway says a lot towards truth in his belief's or lack of.I understand Obama is not real smart and even less capable but does he have to have a written statement for his belief's????

Obama is an self absorbed naraissistic lier proven many times over in the past two years both to his own party and the rest of the country,he is in campaign mode 24/7,this person will and would say what ever he think's the people that still see him as viable want to hear

Follow the "hearder" sheep,I'm sure he love's every one of you for not haveing an ounce of insight.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Eh.. most politicians are Atheist or Agnostic. They just have to pretend to have a religion so they can get in office.
Do you honestly think the religious people of this country would stand for an openly atheist Prez? Or Senator or any rep from their state.

No way. If the bible belt would open their eyes and stop voting with their religious hard on maybe they could stop running the country into the ground and voting blindly.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

You can't be serious. Like him or not, you can't honestly think he is worse than the last Bush.
Our last president, was honestly the worst in history, followed probably by Reagan, and then Nixon.

Best president? Well Jackson of course.

edit on 5-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but as a child didn't Obama live with his father in Indonesia? If I'm recalling correctly, Obama's father was Muslim. Now, that does not necessarily mean that Obama lives by the Islamic faith like he does with his current religion, but some will contend that once a Muslim, always a Muslim.

His time as a child in Indonesia, and his relationship with his father and subsequently the religion of Islam, would be akin to a youth who was raised within a Catholic or Christian household, attended their respective church services regularly, and then upon reaching adulthood, that person decided to dissociate himself or herself from said religion, and thus became an atheist or an agnostic, or other some such.

That person's previous experience in the aforementioned religion does not suddenly vanish through an act of thaumaturgy, that is to say, that religious association does not magically disappear. The person simply chooses not to associate with the religion that their family practiced once upon a time.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
People still believe Obama is not even American. Sigh this country never ceases to surprise me how stupid people can be because of their own prejudice.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

He lived with his step father in Indonesia AND his mother. Was his mother Muslim (I don't know, but I don't think so). He also attended a Christian church for years in the U.S. (not one that was good PR either) so do you think those were years of put on and that he knew where he was destined to end up?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It does not matter if Obama is Christian because i know he will never take a stance against the evil that controls America.. So either way he is a luke warm believer and Jesus says luke warm believers are no good to him.. that is how i view Obama.. He is luke warm and will never take a stand against the evil that controls America.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Personally I think he can relate to whichever religion he chooses to and he shouldn't be condemned for it. But the fact remains that he still has that Islamic association from his past with his step father when he lived in Indonesia, and people will use that to unjustly "slander" him, whatever that means.

Even if he was a Muslim, who rightly cares? There are people from all sorts of religions living in the US and abroad. Obama could be a Satanist for all I care, and all it would prove if people were to condemn him is that those very people are judgmental bigots.
edit on 5-2-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join