It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To ALL American BASHERS! Read!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Solutions?
Don't raise the debt ceiling. Make other countries that have become dependent on America work instead.

Reduce the size of government. We have a government program for EVERYTHING! We don't need the intrusion.

Cut spending here. Government has no money. None. Ever. They have to take it from us in order to then "give it away".

And...

Stop making BS wars for $$$$$$

Stop Free Trade Agreements on the pretext that they will 'raise the poor from poverty'.

Try adopting true Democracy

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Originally posted by wcitizen
Surely this should be in the rant forum?

Surely you have more than that?

MOTF!

Well, here's the thing - no, I don't!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AuirOverrun

I dont hate any country. Just corrupt governments.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I do my part. I guess thats why i get angry when people sweep all americans under the rug with the Government. WE are deffinately not running the place. If we were I would hope that we (the people) could do a better job.

It also sucks when you try to make a point to someone and all they can say is something about some damn show that they watched. The dumbing down is painfully obvious.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sell everything you own and pool together with others to buy land. This is already happening in a lot of other countries and the U.S. as well, but it is a life changing experience to abandon the system and fend for yourself with a bunch of strangers. The way I see it it all comes down to land. We can try to protest to fix the system, change laws, elect better leaders etc. but at the end of the day all people really need is a place to lay their head at night, food, and companionship.

One other thing I would mention, try to think small. Organize on a local level for goals that you want to accomplish. It's too easy to broaden the scope and become overwhelmed by how chaotic the world is, and then sink into depression, hopelessness, and become apathetic. Think about what skills you can offer. Do you know construction, how to cook, taske care of kids, teach, etc? Why prostitute yourselves to a corporation when you can come together with others and take care of each other instead of relying solely on yourselves or the state?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've been following this and the "other" thread. I've been thinking about the challenge to come up with a solution and I would like to share some ideas.

* Close our borders NOW and bring our troops home to protect those borders.
* Round up and deport anyone who is not here legally.
* No one but an American citizen should be able to own 1 sq. inch of American soil.
* Impose a tax/penalty on American owned companies who decide to move their production facilities to another country in order to take advantage of "cheap" labor just to import those same goods back to America (at a much inflated price).
* Stop Foreign Aid...our first responsibility is to ourselves and we have MILLIONS of "needy" people right here at home who need clothes, shoes, and a place to live.
* Stop sending "surplus" food out of the country..we have more than enough hungry mouths to feed here.
* Put the proceeds from the "War on Drugs" into our educational systems instead of the pockets of the ones who already receive a paycheck for doing their JOBS.
* Get rid of these "career" politicians who are more interested in lining their pockets than representing the people who elected them. This means that every day people, like you and me, will need to get active in our local politics (I hate that word).
* Send no military assistance to any country/region that doesn't request it..publically...and then make sure they understand that it will be for a specific amount of time only!
* DO NOT raise the debt ceiling! Call in the loans that are owed to us and use that money to pay our own country's debts.

I know that there is much more that needs to be done, and areas that I haven't touched on at all. There are much sharper minds than mine at work here (at ATS) and I hope that those same minds will address those areas I haven't/can't.

God bless America and the people who love her.

edit on 2/3/2011 by TNTarheel because: formatting

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I hear you! Things aren't great in Canada either. They tax us into submission, give us little choice in the way of "leaders" and then start huge money grubbing failing schemes as a way to pat themselves on their idiot backs and the only thing they have to show for it is a huge bill, angry citizens and the word "moron" on their forehead for every Canadian to see. Example: en.wikipedia.org... ..anything to do with Jean Chretien and finances, Brian Mulroney's woes, the sponsorship scandal en.wikipedia.org... , the Conservatives In and Out Scandal en.wikipedia.org... , along with the provincial scandals that are abundant as well!!! Let's face it, regular people elevated to positions of power when their limited intellect cannot handle such positions should not be in politics. I wish there was a personality test along with an intelligence test and a test for sociopathy, because, let's face it, their has to be a certain megalomaniacal tendency among some of these people!

Anyways, just saying Canada isn't perfect either and anyone who states that their country is superior to anothers doesn't know all the facts. It just so happens that the US makes themselves known on the world stage and let's be honest, without them, sure some places could be happier, but, alot of other places would degenerate into total anarchy. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if they could keep the innocents out of it.

Take care and know that at least one Canadian doesn't hate the US.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As an American, I can tell you that our country deserves to be bashed on. We're coming off of a politically motivated mass murder where an innocent 9 year old girl died. Instead of bailing out the American people, we have been bailing out big banks, who instead of passing on the savings to Americans just pad their revenue streams. We are falling behind in education as people refuse to fund our system and revenues drop. Our arrogance has ruined our reputation in the Middle East. We refuse to develop renewable energy sources like the rest of the world's 1st world countries and continue to suck the teat of Middle Eastern oil. Other nations such as China and Japan are passing us in country infastructure (roads, airports, rail) as well as innovation.

This is how a 1st world country turns into a 2nd world country. What America used to pride ourselves on is that we decided things by voting, not by violence...and with the rise of neo-conservative violence, we can't even say that anymore. This country was NEVER the greatest country in the world, and it never will be. If you can't take care of your own citizens, how can you preach to other countries about taking care of their citizens?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Aren't we living the solution? And by that I mean force information on family and friends, not to mention total strangers on the web to the point of alienation and banishment.

The solutions are really pretty limited...we can't take up arms, we can't force government to represent us. We have no choice but to simply not play. Non compliance baby...and spread the word even if folks think you're nuts and hate you for saying it.

You can't stop paying taxes unless you've got nerves of steel and a lot of time hitting the law books, both common and "uncommon", so they've got us by the balls. Solution? Make less taxable income.

Our only solution is to come together and spread the word, make as little taxable income as possible and lead by example. Turn off the TV permanently, talk about uncomfortable subjects constantly, grow as much of your own food as possible, buy used cars, pay cash or barter for goods whenever you can, don't use credit, build your house from scratch and don't join the military.

Because history has shown that any political or social "movement" will be infiltrated and the leaders marginalized, we need to lead a revolution of awareness starting with ourselves.

Don't play along, any way you can. It sucks because it means a complete change of lifestyle, but isn't that a real solution?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Come to Australia bruv .... we've got plenty of room and only nine out of the ten deadliest snakes ion the world
but on a serious note, centralised government is the critical problem with the majority of the large countries of the world. de-centralise, do things by hand instead of assembly line, bring workmanship and pride back into production and reap the benefits. I know the more efficient mass production becomes, the more humans regard people as machines.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro

If Canadians started a thread on ATS every time someone made a joke or disparaging comment about us, we would rule the threadlines. Not every person is going to love Canada, just as every person is not going to love America.

You chose to live in a glass house.

Who doesn't like Canadians.
I think Canadians are 'too' nice. (seriously)
Except for the other day I was playing online poker and some guy from either the Netherlands or New Zealand was bashing on a Canadian guy saying he hates them all.
I asked him why, but he lost relatively quick and wasn't around to answer....either that or....he doesn't have an answer.
But really......I don't know a single person that doesn't like Canadians. Maybe you can help me understand.
BTW...I'm from Michigan.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Whoa whoa whoa is some body talking smack about americans thats not tolerated. As in every case you only believe what you have seen and been told by tv. You want to get mad and call people names choose the FRENCH they started the freemasons they killed the indians they built Adolf in a lab bloody french. And France hates everyone that goes for french speaking Belgians too. Did you know they tried to take over the congo and enslaved the black folks and if the parents didnt work hard enough they went to your house and cut your kids arm off. Thats fd up

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I have nothing against the average american "Joe" - me thinks you guys are great. I personally know a few people from the USA that have migrated here and they are some of the best types you can know. Anyone with half a brain will realise that in MOST countries it is the government that cause the troubles and not the citizens.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

But i get you, but why does america go after people and destroy them just for thinking america is evil?

Just a person thinking it, what right does that give americans to say you have a right to torture them or kill them.

Americans kill and torture people in this world, just for thinking americans are bad. This is a fact, so you being it on yourselfs.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by Kram09

My first post was a joke, by the way....

Not as many stars for this post though

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

One Solution: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS & STOP MAKING WAR ... Pretty Simple But It Seems War, Invading Others Nations And Killing Is In Your Blood

HTFU

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo

Exactly, do you see us moaning about new zealand, or bolivia. No, america has an empire, and it seems to want to run the whole world, how come we cannot think anything bad about it, why should that matter?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think either I missed the point of this thread, or people are just posting based on the title. It's easy to say what the government can do, but what can the average citizen do? Is not a single person involved in any activity in their community? Casting your vote once every four years isn't going to solve anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Burgo

I havent made war. Im not in iraq and im an american. You act as if each and every person North America has a way to stop what you dont like. You need to get your butt off your shoulders.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

See above post.

MOTF!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join