It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To ALL American BASHERS! Read!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Looks like we are about the same then. I DONT have a solution. If i did im pretty sure I wouldnt be typing at the moment. I am honest with myself. I dont agree anymore with what happens on a day to day basis around here anymore than the next guy. But i dont see the need to bash someone who cant change things. Only a massive eye opening would change things. Mine are open.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
It's very easy to point out others faults. Easy to point a finger and say "he did it". While you sit, withering away in your mundane lives, heart filled with hatred for fellow humans, just because thay are from this place or that. REMEMBER. All of your bitching and complaining ammounts to a hill of beans (i.e. worthless) if you dont have a way to change things.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Exactly what are you doing HERE?

In all honesty, without a respectable plan, that would actually work, you might as well sit areound and watch your fingernails grow, because bashing on me because im from a place that is different thatn you is pointless.

See above.

I dont like my government any more than you do. I am an "average Joe" type american.

SOLUTION OR SHUT UP!

And THIS is YOUR solution....a thread bashing anyone who has and voices a negative opinion about Americans?

So when will you march on Washington to sort out your government, the one you criticise? When will you shake off the commercial corporate lifestyles you have been bred into so strongly? When will you break free of the Financial institutions that take your homes and every cent they can? When will you say "ENOUGH, I am MORE than an average Joe".

You are not just American, you are moreso Human, we all have problems and we all deal with them differently.

Solution or Shut up you say, but your thread is neither is it?

With all due respect... What are you doing here? I admit that i have no solution, but i dont hate you because i dont.

Thanks for the reply anwhoo.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Are the "American Bashing" threads as boring to you also?

MOTF!

Yes they are and I would never be one to join in, but as i said its going to happen especially on an international site like ATS, so i would suggest finding a way of not letting it wind you up. All you need to do is remember the great things about your country and fellow citizens and ignore the haters

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

With all due respect... What are you doing here? I admit that i have no solution, but i dont hate you because i dont.

I'm here to offer perspective, what you do with it is up to you my friend.

And who said anything about hating anyone, why mention that?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Call em like i see em man. I seems that people hate Americans for something they can't help.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Dendro

But you have strange bacon. It bothers us.
Please stop.

L
M
F
A
O

Does that count as more than one line?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
you know i never have understood if they hate us so much, why so many people keep coming.
this dates back some, but it shows how many immigrants come to the u.s. now this is just the legal ones,
this doesn't count the one that slip in
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

There is no "he did it." There is only "we." That's you, me, all of us. We shed our moral high ground when we allowed undeclared wars, allowing our patriotism to be manipulated to such a degree we strut around chest beating without really giving thought that we are the invaders. You know what, if you or I were born in Afghanistan, you can bet we'd be "insurgents." What we allow ourselves to call insurgents are people lving their own way, as they have done for thousands of years, in their own lands, their own homes.

We have allowed ourselves to simply go along with the flow so long as our TV shows, NASCAR and football games are not disrupted. Even worse, our boys and girls are dying over there, yet we refuse to see it. We refuse to be part. Tax for war? No way, why should I pay right? Who cares that my neighbor pays with his son's life. Were we men with balls, we'd DEMAND a draft and all do our share or demand an end. The Elites are not stupid. They know that without a draft, they can have perpetual war for profit because 95% of Americans will never feel any connected pain.

We won't even get in to how we've tolerated "entertainers" in our midst to sledge hammer massive wedges of divisions in our citizenry. Nay, we now cheer them on because they have taught us to hate and fear our neighbors.

We have done these things and much more. You may cop out and call someone like me an American hater, well, you have been taught simple, perjorative replies that try to label people. That's the refuge of the weak minded who maybe no longer has the intellectual capacity to debate.

What do we do? Good question. How do you reason with zealots? How do you educate those who take pride in ignorance over science, whether the topic is global warming, economics or evolution? We've gone too far towards religious lunacy as a people, so I not sure what can be done. There is as little hope for rationale change in the U.S. as there is changing an Islamist's mind. Why? because they both have the exact same frame of reference, only the hue is different.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Surely this should be in the rant forum?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

And any nation that let them and even encouraged them do this is not allowed to gripe.

Everybody is allowed to gripe , it's our given right , until we grow the balls to turn gripe into action. How big are yours ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I guess the big question is... How do you get 300 million people on the same team?

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Surely this should be in the rant forum?

Surely you have more than that?

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

reply to post by pajoly

I guess the big question is... How do you get 300 million people on the same team?

MOTF!

The problem is , my friend ( I truly hope I can call you that ) , is that so many people , not just in your country , but world wide , have opininions on so many things and they would love to make a difference , but they seem to be waiting for somebody to set the ball rolling and then they will follow . Seems like we all need somebody to follow , but who do we trust to lead us ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

THAT is the million dollar question. You deserve applause for that statement sir.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This thread is an obvious response to mine, so I will post my reply to you from that thread.

Originally posted by Monts

Hey there. Im a normal "averave Joe" type American. Work, house, the whole nine yards. Please do tell.... EXACTLY WTF am i supposed to do to prevent this crap? Ive been waiting for a response for a while now. You want me to go out in the streets and start yelling or some crap like that? Show me how to unite the MASSES and I'll show you how to change a NATION. Other than that. Good thread.

MOTF!

To you, and everyone else on this thread complaining about me not telling you "how" to change, you obviously didn't understand the last part of my message.

ORGANIZE community meetings... if you go to church, rile up your church friends and organize a meeting to discuss what is going on.

Post message in bulletins, posters on walls, even news ads (if you have money), informing people of the corruption, and pointing them to sources of information (like ATS) where they can learn about the system and how it is destroying the US and pulling the world down with it.

Any revolution that happens goes through phases, and the one that is taking place right now is in the crucial beginning phase: THE AWARENESS PHASE.

Most people simply don't know what is going on, and haven't taken the time to do their own research. They aren't aware of how bad things are, about the obvious conspiracy that is right in front of their faces. If everybody were suddenly and simply just made aware of all the information present on this site, there would be a total shift in consciousness.

A lot of people are more open to this kind of stuff than you would normally think- it is why ATS is growing at the rate it is; people are becoming more aware.

That is why it is up to people like YOU, (i.e., americans reading this thread right now), to be the current leaders of the AWARENESS phase of the revolution.

Inform people of the true corrupt nature of our reality is really all you have to do right now. If you help spur this knowledge with community, as I mentioned above, people will naturally want to talk to people in their community about this, and groups of people against with an anti-elite agenda will naturally form.

THAT is how you start the change, RIGHT NOW!

That is my solution... and If you don't like it, I'd like you to suggest something better.
edit on 3/2/1111 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Hell, I wish I knew. I'd settle for how do you get a majority willing to think critically and rationally. I have friends around the world. In a macro sense, Americans scare the sh@t out of them. We are poorly educated, armed to the gills and have shown the greatest willingness to pull the trigger. We are increasingly extremist and don't even know.

You know, we are like the people of the Dark Ages who laughed and belittled those who said the earth was round. Our saying things like, "Massive, historic blizzard...How's that global warming working out for you?" is exactly the same sort of thing, but we are too uninformed even to know how stupid such a comment is to an educated person. It is EAXCTLY like pointing to the movement of any given stock or set of stocks on any given day and drawing a conclusion about the direction of the market over a 50 year period.

It is the same with evolution. Look at the stats for Americans: news.nationalgeographic.com... We are so much dumber. In fact, we are so ignorant we can't today make the distinction between an opinion and a fact, and worse, each of their opinions is grounded either in religion or politics, never in science. Just today it was reported that teachers are afraid to express the truth about evolution to their students for fear of the Right.

What can be done with such a country? We are dangerous at this poiunt in our history.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
"Lol"

I even wrote a thread once with reasons that probably cause people to hate the USA. Unfortunately it was totally taken out of the context it was supposed to be in.

You know... The US has placed itself in this position all by it self, and people just like to complain.
Since your country wants to be the biggest tree, it has to face the strongest of winds.

Besides... You guys are all European well... a lot of you anyway. Maybe we should all try to coexist peacefully ?

Personally I have to say that I think the states are pretty and I have not met 1 American I didn't like. Yet...

You guys rule... on occasion.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hey im not impartial to one nations crappy government , iv lived in two different ones and they both suck .

that is all... the US being one of them

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Looks like we are about the same then.

...except that you have bird poop on your ....

I DONT have a solution.

...i have tons of solutions for all kinds of problems... however, sigh, no one listens to me except the dog but only when i have treats cuz he's rotten...

If i did im pretty sure I wouldnt be typing at the moment.

...seriously - even if we did have viable solutions, no one that has the power to change things is going to listen to us cuz they like how things are...

I am honest with myself.

...maybe that got lost in translation... happens to me too, especially when i'm yellin at someone who just irked the snot out of me...

But i dont see the need to bash someone who cant change things.

...i understand... i know which thread set you off... i read the first few posts... its just typical bs thats been posted countless times... certainly not worthy of getting upset over... thats what they want, ya know - you upset and taking it personally... its bait...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Alot of Americans hate every other country, or atleast the country i'm from. Hence, i hate alot of Americans

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join