It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As an egyptian...its time for the army to take over - completely

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It seems to me it's more prudent for the military to remain neutral for as long as they can.
The moment they become involved, regardless of whether they support one side or the other, it can only get far far more bloody than it already has been.
edit on 2/3/2011 by dethduck because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Wow cool man, your rooting for the protestors and your stuck on twitter while listening to Al Jazeera? You want to be ruled by violent thugs that can bring down the west?

I got an idea, we can all pitch in a dollar and send you a one way ticket to never never land.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Personally I lean towards the pro democracy people.. and I do agree giving the people an honest and fair vote is a risk, but denying them free and fair elections because people are scared of that risk is, IMHO silly, and will only push people into a more extremist stance..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by mayabong

Wow cool man, your rooting for the protestors and your stuck on twitter while listening to Al Jazeera? You want to be ruled by violent thugs that can bring down the west?

I got an idea, we can all pitch in a dollar and send you a one way ticket to never never land.

I dunno, my time in Egypt left me with the notion that the police just go round beating people for no real reason bar to enforce their power... and kinda come across as nasty violent thugs..

I think your find a lot of people on the streets in the pro democracy group actually want to get away from a society of violent thugs..

Nor do I think they want to bring down the West.. since it kinda removes a valuable revenue source that employs a lot of people..

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

That was my question, directed at the OP, who said he/she is in favour of Mubarak, but also said that Mubarak is a rich moron. I find the 2 statements (being in favour of him & him being a rich moron) should not really go together.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I am sorry to jump on the opportunity, may I ask you something about ElBaradei ?

My understanding is that he was non-existent in Egyptian politics until now. Since the people want a government more balanced towards the domestic affairs and he has been out for very long, how is he viewed by the people ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Armies are great but you don't want them running your country...
...they are no better than dictators.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manouche

I am sorry to jump on the opportunity, may I ask you something about ElBaradei ?

My understanding is that he was non-existent in Egyptian politics until now. Since the people want a government more balanced towards the domestic affairs and he has been out for very long, how is he viewed by the people ?

baradei has fullfilled his purpose.....he could only instigate change...but to have the clout to run egypt...definately not.....if a street beggar ran against him the beggar would win...he could easily be classed as a foreigner by the more nationalistic crowd....and egyptians are nationalistic...you do the math lol

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Armies are great but you don't want them running your country...
...they are no better than dictators.

only temporarily .....48 hrs maybe...only for the stability of egypt...and safety and security of the people and the region

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by ZombieWoof

That was my question, directed at the OP, who said he/she is in favour of Mubarak, but also said that Mubarak is a rich moron. I find the 2 statements (being in favour of him & him being a rich moron) should not really go together.

i am a fan of his stability and security....not a fan of his isolation and his street cronies....who act on the anxiety of the west and isreal.......we love him for what he has done.

but the protestors are annoying me...he said he wants to leave and will do in four months...but as they fear what he will do in these four months they know they started something that they cant back out on.... I WANT TO SAY FU%£ TWITTER AND FACEBOOKS ANNONYMOUS COMMUNITY (AGENTS) FOR INSTIGATING THIS AND FOR TURNING THEIR BACK ON THE PEOPLE THEY USED AS PAWNS.

THERE IS NO WAY A WAR HERO IS GOING TO BE OUSTED IN THIS DISRESPECTFUL MANNER WHEN HE ONLY HAS FOUR MONTHS LEFT....FACE IT THE PROTESTORS CALLED HIS BLUFF...THEY ARE NOW ENEMIES OF THE STATE......JUST WATCH IT[
edit on 3-2-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I admit I am not an expert on Mubarak; could you explain why he is a war hero. The information I was able to find did not say why he would be considered a hero, simply that he served. I don't believe that everyone who serves in the military is a hero. Some Israelis may see Ariel Sharon as a war hero, while much of the world sees him as a war criminal. Not saying Mubarak is a war criminal, just that different people have different perspectives on what makes a hero. Granted, Mubarak's reign has been over a stable Egypt, but Saddam Hussein reigned over a relatively stable Iraq. Dictators usually keep their countries stable, but their methods are not right.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

I admit I am not an expert on Mubarak; could you explain why he is a war hero. The information I was able to find did not say why he would be considered a hero, simply that he served. I don't believe that everyone who serves in the military is a hero. Some Israelis may see Ariel Sharon as a war hero, while much of the world sees him as a war criminal. Not saying Mubarak is a war criminal, just that different people have different perspectives on what makes a hero. Granted, Mubarak's reign has been over a stable Egypt, but Saddam Hussein reigned over a relatively stable Iraq. Dictators usually keep their countries stable, but their methods are not right.

commander of the airforce...a small one which he helped build after the six day war - in which isreal destroyed egypts airforce- ....and helped to take back sinai from isreal.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Thank you for the answer. I was told he is held as a foreigner from another source too.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

yep, the six-day war which was started by egypt.

The Six Day War broke out on June 5, 1967, following three weeks of tension which began on May 15, 1967 when it became known that Egypt had concentrated large-scale forces in the Sinai peninsula. Egypt's force buildup in the Sinai was accompanied by other serious steps: the United Nations Emergency Force stationed on the border between Egypt and Israel and Sharm el-Sheikh in 1957 and which had provided an actual separation between the countries was evacuated on May 19 upon the demands of the Egyptian president at the time, Gamal Abdel-Nasser; the Egyptian navy blocked the Straits of Tiran, located at the end of the Gulf of Eilat, on the night of May 22-23, 1967, preventing the passage of any Israeli vessels; and on May 30, 1967, Jordan joined the Egyptian-Syrian military alliance of 1966 and placed its army on both sides of the Jordan river under Egyptian command. Iraq followed suit. It agreed to send reinforcement and issued a warning order to two brigades: Contingents arrived from other Arab countries including Algeria and Kuwait. Israel was confronted by an Arab force of some 465,000 troops, over 2,880 tanks and 810 aircraft.

Link

frankly, in light of the protests and in the interest of fostering an atmosphere of change in Egypt, i think mubarak has to step down now. and the people of Egypt should form an interim body to hash out its constitution before September, but who's to say that those same people charged with changing the constitution won't manipulate it for their own ends? on the other hand, i don't think mubarak would step down coz the moment he steps down he'd have to dodge all the lawsuits on all the violations of human rights, kidnappings, etc. that happened under his watch. i hope the egyptian people get to sort out this mess by themselves, and for their own interests.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
commander of the airforce...a small one which he helped build after the six day war - in which isreal destroyed egypts airforce- ....and helped to take back sinai from isreal.

Haha, "take back" Sinai? You should be thankful that we gave it back, long after the war even ended..

"helped to take back Sinai from Israel"... Lol.

Also - he was the commander of the Airforce in a war which ended up in Egypt's entire airforce destroyed. How on earth is that a war hero?
That's not even a successful commander.
edit on 6-2-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
i'm just gonna leave this here...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Ok, but does that excuse his being a dictator, sanctioning torture, no freedom, no free press? As I said before, I am sure some Israelis see Sharon as a war hero. But he is a war criminal.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

To be fair, the poster said Mubarak helped rebuild the air force after the war.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
OK.

the Egyptian Military has control.

NOW WHAT's next????

"thePharaoh" must now answer !

and,

was Mubarak an Israeli agent ?

are there more where HE came from ?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join