It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I turn heterosexual: What is the ultimate straight example?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Much unproven attention is given to various religions, cults and social movements who claim they can eradicate homosexuality, and even gay people.
In fact, they realize the talents of gay people, and many claim to turn gay men straight.
I'm just wondering, if that could be done, what straight man would I become?
Who are the straight heroes?
I'd love to know, from any religion, if I turned miraculously straight tonight, what masculine role would I perform?
Please mention your male straight hero, and why I should be like him.
Moses, Noah, St. Paul?
Jesus, Mohammed (pboh)?
Very different men, from different times.
If I could turn my lust for men into lust for women, and became a regular "guy", then who would I follow?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I suppose this is only a question you can answer.

My response is that my dad is my hero.

Actions that define a hero doesn’t make a person straight – it’s the intent behind those actions.

If you desire to go straight, you will not be a hero for it – if that’s what you’re aiming at.

Homosexuality is just one side of your personality. There is another side there waiting to be explored.

Explore that side of you, if your curious, and see where it may lead you.

You bring up religious examples in your post – I am not sure if you believe in God or not.

But if you do, or even if you don’t, pray to God and tell him that you seek to try and follow the ways that he has instructed for you and that you will need his help.

Maybe he will help you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Pick anybody from this list
...........and then head out and bang some hot chicks.

EDIT- But seriously, don't lose any sleep over being gay. Alexander the great is actually on that list and he liked guys.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Arkady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Straight men don't turn gay their already gay acting straight!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rumor21

the first closet gay flaming you about how thay 'aint no dang homosexual' in 10.......9..........8.....7.....6.....5.....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Why would you chang who you are? Be who you are, screw the rest of the world or what they think!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady

the first closet gay flaming you about how thay 'aint no dang homosexual' in 10.......9..........8.....7.....6.....5.....

What?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Exactly, most males do not like females.

For op, your better being you, and i am glad not liking females, is it really that much of a hindrance. People can be a pain if your different, but your better off being yourself.

Thankfully there is no soft straight male, so i will stick with who i am, and i would suggest the op sticks with who he is, if he is not trolling.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't guarantee you that any of our former heroes were gay or not.

Back in those days, mostly it wasn't something you let anyone know about (unless they were a partner.)

@Andy: I am a lesbian trapped in a mans body.
edit on 2-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Exactly. we will never know about who was gay in the past. But i am sure there where plenty of weird sexual feelings by all the people in the past, just as today.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What a funny question. You're you regardless of whether you're gay or straight. If there's something you want to change about yourself, don't try to be like someone else.
Always be true to yourself and you'll be okay.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I thought it wasn' t a "choice"?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What if soon, they will discover the "gay gene", and they can eradicate it, or somehow alter it?
Then all my excuses are done, and I'll have to face heterosexuality and all its problems.
How will it change me?
Will I be a submissive husband, or a wife-beater?
Where is the standard example?
Will I be a "saint", or keep a harem?

My personal favorite in the Bible of a family man is Cornelius - a Roman soldier.
Uncircumcised and unclean in diet.
But St. Peter changed the whole religion for this lovely man.
I want to be like him.
A bit of a rugger-bugger in the showers.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah, from the few gay folks I know there's really no difference between a hetero or a homosexual. Except that they enjoy the company of other men instead of women. Strange question,though. Think your heroes could be anyone you want it to be whatever your sexuality is.

But if I understand your question correctly I'd say The Terminator... Jesus, Ghandi don't compare to this guy. He's like God with a gun. If God had a gun we'd most likely call him the Terminator.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

*facepalm*

Just when I thought I had heard it all...

Whatever makes you feel better I suppose.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Well, I guess a bi-sexual person confronted with an attractive guy and an attractive girl (both of which are heterosexual and not into threesomes) at a bar, would have to do exactly that. Choose: Gay or Straight, for that nights particular encounter.

Right?

edit on 2-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

You will find there is lots of homo males pretending in life. In iran for instance, you are gay, then your in jail.

Most males who are gay i reckon could pretend, but of course not all of them, and i am glad i am one of those who could not pretend at it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well you can't look at any leading men from Old Hollywood, cause they were all gay(and apparently a lot still are). I am sore that goes for a lot of big names in history that were playing a part. Straight men can't act.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

I bet the gov could make any of you straight hetero males gay if they wanted.

I bet its already known. At the end of the day to have sex as a male you just need an erection, and maybe kiss each other, is it really that much of a difference where, you could not imagine that all males are gay already?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by 46ACE

You will find there is lots of homo males pretending in life. In iran for instance, you are gay, then your in jail.

Most males who are gay i reckon could pretend, but of course not all of them, and i am glad i am one of those who could not pretend at it.

You sure spend enough time telling everyone how much you dislike females that I don't believe you anymore. You are trying too hard.

it's as if you have to repeat "Look at me look at me everyone, I don't like females!!!!!!!!!!! Look at me look at me!!!!!!" to reaffirm your obsession with being different.

As for most males don't like females? LMAOROLFPMSL.

Seriously.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join