It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
reply to post by halation777

"tone under the simmering hatred. THAT is what is disturbing.The hatred, the judgement and the inhumanity, and self-righteousness"

Exactly what I was referring to at the sites I listed and similar. Heh. And there've been more than a few wishes for somebody's death. It's all great fun until somebody "puts out an eye" and that eye happens to belong to one of *your* icons. It's total hypocrisy AND poor "sportsmanship". Thanks for playing.

There aren't a handful of "journalists" who are worth anything. Anderson Cooper isn't one of them. He should stick to more "genteel" events where he won't get his feelings hurt. And for that matter, maybe you should, too.

I never said AC was my "icon", and I am not familiar wth the sites you listed. It's all very simple and you think it's a game. I don't, and I won't play along. So best wishes to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Remember folks, Anderson is a white "gay" liberal. I see a rightwing mob has taken over the comment section of the article as well. People can see for themselves.

I don't know what exactly happened, maybe the crowd was provoked, maybe Anderson was innocently reporting, maybe they were a pro-government crowd, who knows. What I do know is that this man was attacked and could have possibly lost his life. As far as I am aware, Anderson there was on the ground reporting, in no way does he deserve to be attacked for that, regardless of what one may feel for his journalism or politics.

Many members are showing their weakminded partisan views on the matter. They have allowed themselves to hold so much hatred from people that may not report to their standards or views that they prepared to celebrate violent attacks against them. Is this the kind of world these members prefer to live in? A world where if you do not agree with the way somebody reports, you wish them to be attacked or killed? What does that say about you as a person? What does that say about your ability to think objectively? Beyond the hatred being spewed by political partisans day in and day out?

Yep. Reveal ye souls.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
yeah they should have just taken his life that way cnn gets a taste of some karma for all the mass confusion theyre respsponsible for. i dont know how people like anderson cooper and wolf blitzer sleep at night....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
yeah they should have just taken his life that way cnn gets a taste of some karma for all the mass confusion theyre respsponsible for. i dont know how people like anderson cooper and wolf blitzer sleep at night....

Why do they deserve to have their lives taken again? What have they done exactly in your eyes?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
From what I am seeing, Cooper and the alike my want to pack up and get out of Dodge.

I have a bad feeling that this mess is about to go up in smoke.

When it does, based on what I am seeing they are doing to each other (running over people w/ vehicles, shooting, etc).
the Western press may get in the way and be literally eaten alive.

Savage mentallity is about to let loose- I think.

Why, because you can only keep a man down so much. Eventually he decided he would be better off dead instead of living under the conditions they do etc.

Time will tell.

Also, people keep saying his sexuallity isn't an issue. Well, maybe not here but over there..... he best watch out.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There are so many accounts of reporters being attacked by pro-president people that it is fair to assume that these people were attacked because they were reporting. The regime in Egypt has always had its thugs that attack those who protest, speak freely, report or in other ways do something that goes against the interests of the regime. I don't agree with much of the CNN-rhetoric on this issue, but I think it's stupid to have thugs going around bashing them. There are people who protest for the president that are sincere. But, there are also many agent provocateurs that only want to escalate the violence so the army can intervene. The sad thing is that it's working some are actually fooled by the dictator that wants the military to take over after he leaves office in September. I worry that this might end up as a permanent solution just like the situation in Thailand and Pakistan. What this dictator really don't want is to give away power to a coalition between the opposition-parties and the moderate speakers of the muslim brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
He probably paid them to take swings at him and make it look like he's in the thick. 10 times and no blood? They should have at the very least smashed his cameras and his face. I was laughing though, good comedy bit. He reminds me of geraldo in a sense that he makes you think he's in the middle of it. He is probably laid up in a 5 star hotel along DeNile.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Just watched a report of a BBC Journalist, who after a day of being followed around by pro-Mubarak supporters and repeatedly pulled over by police, was taken by the Egyptian secret police and held in an interrogation cell for 3 hours.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I can't stand that lame ass frat boy, I'm glad he got a little roughed up. Journalists are getting bolder and bolder in these times and they need to beware that when you ask the tough questions or throw themselves right in the middle of a riot you might piss someone off.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The mind set of a crowd is not the same as a mind set of the individual. Individuals do things in crowds they
would be ashamed of by their selves. In the 1980s a rock concert incited a mob to run in for seats and they trampled and killed individuals. I think that was in Cincinnati, Ohio. It is very dangerous to be in a peaceful crowd.
Think cattle stampeed when they get scared. Narcissium is also a dangerous personality trait.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

You're right. Them two living above in the Firehouse together, and the Ben being openly gay and has a gay club (not pun intended) in NYC.

Naw, you're right. All those things just don't add up. Great. Okay, he isn't gay. Gay now? I mean Happy now?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by hp1229

When they talk about a 'kill switch', that tells me they already have one.

Regarding censorship, have you ever been checking something out that you were a little leery of, related to the government, then all of a sudden, your system crashes?

Yeah. It seems that way as those words ' Kill Switch' are being used a lot lately on the News Channels. So far my desktop has not crashed yet. Maybe I'm not hitting the right websites?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
He should know that he is lucky because they don't know him a homosexual or otherwise

This tread little would be differently

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The topic is Anderson Cooper Attacked by Mob in Egypt. Not Anderson Cooper's sexuality.

As I said in another thread, it's absurd that he goes to a revolution and is shocked and appalled to be caught up in violence.

I also think that it's beyond bizarre to be casually watching the fate of a nation unfold from the comfort of our living rooms. I can understand why they were running him off, he was bottom feeding on chaos for easy ratings.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree with you about his hunger for ratings. The BBC have a hole bunch of correspondants out there at the moment, but thats largely for two main reasons . A) We know that Egypt is a key player in world affairs, and also B) there are an awful lot of Egyptians here in Britain. One in particular works in the Kebab shop near my work. If it wasnt for the BBC coverage, he would be utterly incapable of getting up to the minuite reports of the state of affairs in his homeland, and thats just not a pleasant thought.
I know if I lived abroad, and there was what amounts to a civil street war happening here in the UK, I would want to be kept up to date.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It is amazing the length these reporter fools will go to get their face on TV. Going into a situation like that is just plain stupid if you ask me. Just because you have a camera does not mean you are immune to the chaos, or bulletproof. Reminds me of those dumbasses who are standing outside during a hurricane....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
cnn is now reporting anderson is in worse condition they previously suspected. reports are now coming in he infact HAS been seriously injured! apparently during the scuffle he broke a nail. dr. gupta is flying up there as we speak to apply emergency surgery.

I'm still laughing as the stupid thing was in the news on many websites. Its part of the job and assumed risk as a reporter. One should not make a big deal about it but focus on the important news.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I just saw this:

Egypt protests: BBC, CNN and al-Jazeera journalists attacked
News organisations warn of danger to reporters from Mubarak supporters as violence escalates in Egyptian capital

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ba2b9ebd5b4.jpg[/atsimg]
Egypt protests: Alfred Yaghobzadeh, a French photojournalist from the SIPA Press agency, being treated by anti-government protesters. Photograph: AP

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, that's the price you pay for being another intelligent, stupid person. How many journalists have to die before they get it? STAY OUT OF A COUNTRY THAT IS AT WAR WITH YOU OR WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE WESTERN CIVILIZATIONS WAYS. Predominately, islamic countries...hire islamic journalists.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
After carefully watching all the comments here and the MSM coverage. I only have one thought...

www.youtube.com...

Was that a "Camel Charge?"..........You just don't see a good "Camel Charge" anymore.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join