It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Invades Roads & Highways With VIPR Checkpoints

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Are they doing this on cars as well? If so. this sint freedom thena nymore..its like the ghestappo and SS officers approaching or stopping someone..papers please* or be arrested, deported or shot. well minus the murder part so far..but its very un american to have checkpoints set up.it isnt freedom, and for todays generation to think its normal* they have no idea what freedom really is

Not YET.... but it is a progressive move towards it.

When the Social Security number was first introduced there was a MASSIVE outcry. They said people were being to Conspiratorial and the SSnumber would NOT be used for identification.

Look at it now. They lied, they had this as their plan from the beginning and they slowly implemented it.

The same thing is going on now. It might not be next year but one day you will not be able to drive anywhere. Without the proper passes/clearance. Then they will be able to better implement Agenda 21.

This is not conspiracy. Look at the legislation. They are putting tiny bits of it in every bill they pass. It is insidious and across the board.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
double post... not sure how that happened I only pushed send once...

*shrug*

Guess ATS thought this was an important post and wanted to emphasize it.

IT's allllliveeeee....

(at least this AI seems to be on our side)

edit on 2-2-2011 by pianopraze because: double post

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think you will find isrealis behind the rapiscan company.
The whole thing is a grab at your freedom.Notice isreal hasnt got any they are using out on the highways....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Doesn't surprise me. The next thing you know they'll be at every Wal-Mart nationwide.

The thing that really gets me is that the taxpayer is paying someone a salary that would rival the wages of maybe 10 common Americans to come up with these bogus procedures.

Well, in a way, aren't they already at every Wal-Mart nationwide with their 'See Something, Say Something' campaign?

I note this seems to be directed right now at 'commercial' vehicles. Anyone want to lay odds it doesn't stop there? How long do you think it will take for those inspections of commercial vehicles to turn into inspections and checkpoints for all vehicles? So many ways they could pose it too... manditory checks for required insurance and/or Earth's deadliest enemy, the dreaded carbon emissions!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
I've been yelling it till I'm blue in the face!

Even put it on my blog: I really miss George Carlin.

Maybe this will help everyone stand up and say no!

Hah! Just about three days ago I said the same thing on a post here about George Carlin. I can't believe it's been two years. I miss that man's way with words more than I can even enumerate.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
According to the link this was set up years ago for folks entering the US to check for bombs etc on trucks. It's not a spinoff of the new TSA crappola. Now if it becomes that which it probably will then there will be the initial outcry then the sheep will conform. I've said from the beginning of this TSA stuff that it was just a training period for the public and once the outcry dies down they'll start installing these things in every public building in the US.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"Your paperz Please!"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I admit I only know so much about the DHS, which is probably how the DHS likes it, but how is it possible for them to, what seems like, able to just come up with new 'rules' for everyone that is mandatory for all to follow? Is it no longer part of the American way to have a 'vote' on whether or not to enforce a new 'rule' or law?

If they, the DHS, are able to just say "OK people, this is what is going to now happen." where is the democracy? Where are the limits? It's gettin closer to like living in the times of Stalan with a 'do as we say or else' mentality now-a-days, geez.

I guess when Obama made that chuckling joke, "People can travel by rail to avoid TSA pat-downs.", was an inside government joke that the American people might now just be getting. Sorry Obama, that no longer seems funny.

2c.
Bzzzzzzz

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Right around the time of hurricane Katrina, we noticed that post and cable barriers had been installed in the grassy medians on IH10 and I37 (I'm sure they're on 35, too- which goes to Laredo/ Mexico but I don't remember actually seeing them) where people (including LEOs) had been able to turn around and go the opposite direction. We talked about it at the time because it was just one more thing that complicated freight carrier accidents.
It really ticks me off that the US is going through bs like this when our border is standing wide open (as well as our ports).

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
Right around the time of hurricane Katrina, we noticed that post and cable barriers had been installed in the grassy medians on IH10 and I37 (I'm sure they're on 35, too- which goes to Laredo/ Mexico but I don't remember actually seeing them) where people (including LEOs) had been able to turn around and go the opposite direction. We talked about it at the time because it was just one more thing that complicated freight carrier accidents.
It really ticks me off that the US is going through bs like this when our border is standing wide open (as well as our ports).

Actually violence along the border in towns like El Paso has gone down by 30% in the last 5 years making the border the safest it's been in the last 20 years. Meanwhile Minutemen "patriots" have murdered a 9 year old immigrant girl and a crazy conservative in Tucson tried to murder a congresswoman. Sounds like we need to keep a closer eye on the white population of America as they obviously can't handle the fact that by combining Latinos and African-Americans that whites are now a minority in this country.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Not sure where you're getting your information. A teacher was murdered in the last month, give or take. Maybe google some of the Texas tv stations or newspapers.
Uhhh what does this have to do with my post, if you don't mind my asking?

per Irishchic's post at the Power Outages Underway thread, El Paso has a voluntary 10 PM curfew underway. Wonder what that's about?

edit on 2-2-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: add info

ETA Must clarify/ correct. Apparently it's a road safety issue. Not sure why it would be icier at 10 PM than shortly after sunset, but...integrity calls. Whatever.
edit on 2-2-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Commercial trucks now--passenger cars later!
You have to see this coming no matter what.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
quite a few people wanted to know a couple weeks ago
why 11 Police Officers were killed in 24 hrs.

Ur lookin at the reason right here

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Tragic isn't it that the American government allows its employees to do things like setting up roadblocks and regulating what the peace loving people are doing, and are permitted because it has dictacted these things are needed in the name of security. Its about control and soon it WILL be like the society portrayed in the movie "1984". Do they not realize that citizens of other countries are not looking at Americans with envy as they once did? Are Americans traveling abroad still proud of being an American when they are subjugated to such actions such as pseudo-interrogations upon return by these branches of employees that they, in some way elected in? I don't think there is a reset button...
And as you probably suspect, the biggest criminal or terrorist is who? Stating it needs military bases all around the globe yet states if any other country does the same thing its an act of aggression?

Although I can not speak about the American way, I sure as he!! write the Canadian governments (both provincial and federal) when I hear or see things which can be changed or are morally incorrect....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

S & F again DD.

I predicted this.
Pretty soon we won't be able to move from state to state without a check point and passport. It will be like the old Soviet union, where someone going from Russia to Georgia had to show their "papers".

I am old enough as it is. I dont have kids. I served in the USN. I always carry a weapon.

A line has to be drawn.

I won't be stopping for the new SS or American Stasi; and God help them if they manage to stop me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well...you know what most of the good citizens will say? "If you've got nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about'
THE most annoying phrase EVER!

Hope this doesn't last!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snowgirl

I'm with you snowgirl. I hate the sheepishness so many display. I'd rather live free for one day, than live another 30 years as a subject or slave.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
do think that maybe this might just have something to do with the wikileaks info about a dirty bomb the Al Quada (how ever you spell it) is trying to get hold of and that just maybe that the government agencies are a little scared about it? As that they may already have the capabilities and they know it i know your going to say because they are government funded.

Well when are you lot going to do what Egypt has just done and call for change to the policies that are making you the target and go for someone who is an independant and has no ties to the organisations that has corrupted everything that is in the US and thrown away what made you guys a strong force.

They have split you lot in so many ways you have no way of joining forces because there is always something there that causes a rift you need to make sure you can focus what you all follow and make that the main focus to oust the people who are making you slaves.

Come on America stand up so people will sit up and take notice and do the same everywhere else

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

We have got to get rid of the whole lot of them and anyone connected. This is possible, we have to stand up and make sure we run people for congress that are not connected.

Are you kidding? Since when can you just "run" the kind of candidate you are talking about. That just doesn't happen anymore in your country or mine (Canada). Its the corporations who pay for candidates of their liking. You and I cannot afford the advertising and all the other expenses to run a candidate of our liking.

We will never get a real advocate for ourselves under the current system. Somehow the whole thing has to change first. Don't ask me how that is going to happen. I haven't got a clue to be honest with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to [url= by wayno[/url]

What has to change is people with your attitude.

When enough people decide we can and must chane there remains no way which they can stop us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join