It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Invades Roads & Highways With VIPR Checkpoints

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

TSA Invades Roads & Highways With VIPR Checkpoints

www.infowars.com

If people think they can avoid the TSA by staying away from airports, they’re going to be in for a rude awakening. TSA is clearly engaged in a total takeover of society and plans to have its agents searching, patting down, scanning and harassing Americans at all levels of society, not just at transport hubs but at public events, in the street and on highways and roads across the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
YEP...

This for all those folks who chastise others for being concerned by gestapo-like, invasionary searches of the molestation mafia at the TSA...

Let's hear more of the apathetic, "It's simple, if you don't want to be subjected to these violations, then just don't fly" comments now! Cuz guess what, as WE TOLD YOU, they are NOT going to stop at merely FLYING. They are now on their way to the VEHICLE CHECKPOINTS...

From the bulktransporter.com web-site yesterday:

Inspectors from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) are likely to be more involved in roadside inspections of commercial vehicles, according to TSA officials.

Involvement in roadside inspections is part of the Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) program that was developed several years ago by TSA, an agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). VIPR started in the aviation sector and has now been expanded into surface transportation.

”VIPR teams can be extremely effective, serving as a visible presence that is random and unpredictable,” says William Arrington with TSA. “VIPR teams are an essential part of protecting highway transportation vehicles and other critical infrastructures.”

Starting out with commercial vehicles, and you can best bet it won't be stopping there. Pretty soon you will not be able to move from point A to B via ANY mode, if this is allowed to continue.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've been yelling it till I'm blue in the face!

Even put it on my blog: I really miss George Carlin.

Maybe this will help everyone stand up and say no!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
how these jackboots think they can get away with that. to bad it just means all the smart people will use the backroads in stead of highways. this might be a boon for the gas stations and restaurants who lost business to the interstates and turnpikess. i suggest we start a travel guide website that posts the location of these check points when ever they fire up. because they are doing something illegal then its our constitutional responsibility to do something about it . i see a much greater demand for cb radios in the future

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
So far there is no indication they are doing this on ordinary vehicles; only on trucks.

Every truck passing an international border goes thru those scanners - no big deal. I used to do it several times a day back when I was still driving the big rigs. They do not scan the cab with the driver in it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
So far there is no indication they are doing this on ordinary vehicles; only on trucks.

Every truck passing an international border goes thru those scanners - no big deal. I used to do it several times a day back when I was still driving the big rigs. They do not scan the cab with the driver in it.

Sure at a border fine. Interstate highway not cool. The bad guys will get what they want into the country with or without these measures. Because the really bad guys have friends in high places.

They do not scan the cab with the driver in it.

Yeah and the people at the hospital work behind a lead lined wall when they take your x-rays because they realize radiation isn't something that is pinpoint there is always bleedover so while they are scanning your trailer your still exposed don't ya think?
edit on 2-2-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

At the borders they would line up 8 or 9 trucks at a time. All the drivers got out and stood far to the side and then the gamma ray truck would drive past them all. Later on they built a building to house the apparatus. One truck at a time, and again the driver stayed in a separate room.

The video here does not show the gamma ray truck in operation. The officer has a hand held radiation detector which itself does not emit anything dangerous; thus the drive-thru.

It is scary to think that checkpoints might some day be set up randomly to examine all passers. That is really getting carried away with paranoia fed most likely by the companies producing all the equipment. It is all for money. Same old story with a new twist - fear.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Are these those jobs obama was planning on securing for americans?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is ridicules, where will it end. Pretty soon you'll have to get patted down just to leave your house !

I wonder how many folks buy into this crap and feel safer

I completely understand the need to security, but having stuff like this is extreme.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Cret

The guys who created the paranoia that sent you to war and are making huge bucks off of that are the same ones just taking the trumped up paranoia into the homeland so they can make more bucks there.

It is all a sham. People are getting rich off this; your rights be damned. There is a national crisis of "bend me over and ...." right now in the US.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Well the article says they intend to do it to individuals entering expos and the like. And even take you into a trailer for questioning and a computer lie detector program which has been proven to be bogus. So do not plan on it just stopping at commercial vehicles. Every blow to freedom we all whine and cry and ultimately do nothing...
edit on 2-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
If they are radiating the truck to the point the drivers are getting out then I'm a little worried! Wouldn't everything inside these trucks get radiated as well. Like FOOD? Maybe someone who knows more than me could explain if that is what could be happening. Maybe it's just to radiate our food, which in turn we eat and get radiated!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I am sure someone will correct me on this, but this is primarily an American problem. I do not see any signs of anyone wanting to do random checks of civilians for security issues here in Canada. We have some pretty large public events arround here every year and no-one gets paranoid.

I still say that security has become big business in the US. Just like the drug companies put out information trying to convince people they really need all those drugs they produce, the security industry is doing the same thing. They pump up the scare in order to sell more stuff and make more money. Someone has got to call them and the government on this because the so-called terrorism threat is 99.99% baloney.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. The next thing you know they'll be at every Wal-Mart nationwide.

The thing that really gets me is that the taxpayer is paying someone a salary that would rival the wages of maybe 10 common Americans to come up with these bogus procedures.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
jeez lueez
this is the biggest waste of [snip]ing tax payer
money I've ever seen next to the US Air Marshall
service that rides airplanes everyday for the past 10
years and have captured ZERO terrorists.

This is NOT about terrorism.
It's about forced invasion of privacy
and the loss of freedom.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Topsy_Cret

The guys who created the paranoia that sent you to war and are making huge bucks off of that are the same ones just taking the trumped up paranoia into the homeland so they can make more bucks there.

It is all a sham. People are getting rich off this; your rights be damned. There is a national crisis of "bend me over and ...." right now in the US.

Absolutely. It is about, as Boondock alluded to, the removal of our rights one by one, and raking in huge profits by corpo-giants, who are in bed with our our politicians and gov "security" figureheads. The RAPE-i-Scan machines used by the TSA were instituded by former DHS head, Michael Chertoff, who had a cushy contract with the corporation designing them, to get them installed, and one can only surmise who is making billions off the expansion of these things being used in public arenas and on highways:

Getting Rich from the TSA Naked-Body Scanners

Both Soros and Chertoff are profiting from the naked-body scanners by way of the company Rapiscan, whose contract is worth $173 million. Lobbyists for this company include Susan Carr, a former senior legislative aide to Rep. David Price (D-N.C.) who is coincidentally chairman of the Homeland Security Subcommittee.

Former Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff was “flacking for Rapiscan,” writes Tim Carney of The Examiner:

After the undie-bomber attempt on Christmas 2009, Chertoff went on a media tour promoting the use of these scanners, without disclosing that he was getting paid by Rapiscan, one of the two companies currently contracted by TSA to take a nude picture of you at the airport.

Just days after the attempted Christmas attack, the New York Times explained:

Screening technologies with names like millimeter-wave and backscatter X-ray can show the contours of the body and reveal foreign objects. Such machines, properly used, are a leap ahead of the metal detectors used in most airports, and supporters say they are necessary to keep up with the plans of potential terrorists. "If they’d been deployed, this would pick up this kind of device," Michael Chertoff, the former homeland security secretary, said in an interview….

Another notable connection to Rapiscan is leftist billionaire George Soros, who owned 11,300 shares of OSI Systems, Inc., the company that owns Rapiscan. Nova Tea Party Patriots writes, “OSI’s stock has appreciated considerably over the course of the year.”

In response to The Examiner’s report of George Soros’ share in Rapiscan, Media Matters (another of Soros’ funded projects) seized on the report and mocked the writer. The Blaze reports that Media Matters argued that “11,300 shares are only ‘six one-hundredths of one percent’ of the company’s total stock.

However, once The Examiner reported that George Soros owned the shares of the OSI Systems, Soros coincidentally sold all 11,300 shares of the company.

The Blaze writes, “A funny thing happened between Tuesday and Wednesday: the site detailing Soros’ OSIS investments now shows that Soros owns zero shares of the company.”

Full Story:

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well if they do this on MY roads they're gonna get run over... And I will plead that I had passed out due to lack of oxygen to my brain or epilepsy or something!

ADD: OK I'll do better and say we need to get all the snipers and marksmen with their guns out in treetops at these so called "checkpoints" and start picking them off one by one. No I AM NOT kidding!
edit on 2-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: ADD

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
jeez lueez
this is the biggest waste of [snip]ing tax payer
money I've ever seen next to the US Air Marshall
service that rides airplanes everyday for the past 10
years and have captured ZERO terrorists.

This is NOT about terrorism.
It's about forced invasion of privacy
and the loss of freedom.

They are funding it through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

$2.8 million order to OSI Systems' Security division, Rapiscan Systems, for the purchase of Mobile X-ray inspection vans. The award is the first to be placed under the terms of Rapiscan Systems' recently received $17.2 million Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract from the U.S. CBP. Funding for the purchase was provided to CBP through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

source

These [snip]ing politicians are putting in this crap in EVERY bill they pass! We have got to get rid of the whole lot of them and anyone connected. This is possible, we have to stand up and make sure we run people for congress that are not connected.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Are they doing this on cars as well? If so. this sint freedom thena nymore..its like the ghestappo and SS officers approaching or stopping someone..papers please* or be arrested, deported or shot. well minus the murder part so far..but its very un american to have checkpoints set up.it isnt freedom, and for todays generation to think its normal* they have no idea what freedom really is

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So we want safer boarders by magic? Is that it?

Maybe we could have them hand out lollipops.

edit on 2/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join