It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Epic Snowstorm Blast The US - Be prepared to see weird things like this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

flag this thread

and dont forget about this

the problem with these events is that they arent happening in more places...makes me go to the grassland again

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It looks like an ice covered auger used for drilling holes for ice fishing, and the cable is part of the hoax. My apologies if it isn't a hoax!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

The WMCTV.com isn't a "source" - they are reporting what was claimed in the "SpaceWeather.com" website. So it's still only one source.

Even the WMCTV guy says he's never even heard of anything like this before, so if you want testimony, you can't ignore that since you emphasized his credentials of being an aware winning meteorologist.

I realize they are from the same article. I meant another web entry at least as something to show that somebody else is talking about it.

I do trust SpaceWeather.com as a reliable source of info. Did they get a fast one pulled on them? I don't know.

To me seeing that the guy's at SW.com and the meteorologist both are stumped is the significance of it all. True or hoax? A phenomenon indeed...........

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Here is another flickr.com photo in the same town. What is weird is that this has never been recorded before? Anywhere else?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54ac18dc05a1.jpg[/atsimg]

photo source

That's a "guy wire" which is part of the pole support structure and definitely wasn't "energized" if the person's hand was near it. It is very rare for the support cables to become energized. More likely this is a result of wind eddies swirling around the guy wire.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the heads up. I'd never seen snow rollers before, they''re amazing,
That's why I love nature so much - it's full of surprises still even to modern science.
Why some people cannot fathom this to be a natural phenomenon IDK.
I've spent almost 50 years wandering around in nature trying to understand what goes on and I still find new things all the time that aren't explained in any science books (and I have hundreds of books on natural subjects including every Field guide available).
There are still mysteries out there to be solved.
Also, I see no point in creating such an elaborate hoax.

I forgot to add that snow rollers are related but produce a far different result, reason being it is still the actions of wind and accretion that create the forms.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Energy vortex?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Yes, OF COURSE I see the snow on the ground. But we aren't talking about the ground, are we? We are talking about looking for evidence of heavy ice/snow accumulation on SIMILAR features in the background, which we don't see. We only see a small amount of snow on the TOPSIDE of some wires in the background. NONE of the guy wires in the background you can even see which is ODD, especially since you would EXPECT to see THICK WHITE ICE/SNOW on them as well.

Meaning, this particular wire in this particular neighborhood is unique. Which means, it's a hoax.

I challenge anyone here to search the internet far and wide for this phenom. PROVE this is a real phenom.

it's already a phenom because it seemingly has never happened before...i think it would be your job to PROVE that it's not a phenom.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Honestly do we really think someone hoaxed this? If so it's about the stupidest hoax ever... I mean come on it's snow in the shape of a spiral on a cable. I've heard every theory on how to hoax this now. But whats the point? Its SNOW in an interesting formation nothing more nothing less. I know I wouldnt go freeze my butt off to hoax a snow spiral. What would be the motive to hoax something like this anyway? I think alot of you guys here are to quick to jump on the hoax bandwagon... With anything. Most of your minds are made up before you even look into it. I see it all the time here. My fav is "I didnt have time to read the whole thread but ill be back to disprove it later". Like everyone is going to wait around for this guys words of wisdom.

I get it... I get it... Your smart and we are stupid for not calling it a hoax right out of the gate. Some people will never learn the value of research. Just call it a hoax and move on. Easier that way isnt it? Until a meteorologist comes on hear and says its impossible for that to happen I will humor the OP and believe it's real. Plus I have lived here in CO my whole life and I know what snow looks like and what foam looks like. Thats snow 100%.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
i think it would be your job to PROVE that it's not a phenom.

It's logically impossible to prove a negative. I have, however, proved that it's a hoax, but that wasn't good enough, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em........

The ice spiral was caused by the Norwegian Spiral, the result of a spiritual vortex that is manifesting itself on the telephone guy wire only ONCE in the history of the world. This is evidence that Nibiru is coming soon!

edit on 1-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

The point of hoaxing is the joy of knowing you fooled so many people, so you can laugh about it with your friends about how stupid and gullible people are.

In short, you hoax for the LULZ.

edit on 1-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: typo

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Meaning, this particular wire in this particular neighborhood is unique. Which means, it's a hoax.

I have to point out two obvious flaw in that argument.

1st
The first pic the wire is angled to the left, the second to the right. Two different wires.

2nd. The two photos are by different people. first photo from © Michael French. second photo (which I did a search and turned up independently of the first, but in the same town) by © Jim Hamann

They did state that they were all over town.

Now if these two guys elaborated on this grand scheme, I would be surprised. I have to agree. WHY HOAX ???????

I have, however, proved that it's a hoax, but that wasn't good enough, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em........
nope.

edit on 1-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'd rather hypothesize and say that electromagnetic scalar waves are being emitted from their earth and being channeled up into space, somehow causing the ice to freeze in this particular fashion.

Speculation is more fun.

A.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

Much more fun. I never thought I would be debating and defending some frozen water. Or Hoax ice as some claim....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
awesome! life mimicking Tim Burton!
we had a metal fence similar to a chain link fence, but the tops were frayed.
each winter when we get an ice storm or that perfect snow, the fence top turned into hundreds of fingers.
thx for sharing.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by timewalker

Also, look at the street - it's wet - which means it's not that cold anymore so why would this stuff still be stuck on the wire? That's the first place this snow would melt from - if it were real.
i can safely tell you that its cold there the road on looks that way because its a busy street and its full of ice. move to winnipeg

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i can safely tell you that its cold there the road on looks that way because its a busy street and its full of ice. move to winnipeg

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
We (Indiana) are supposed to get lightning and thunder with our snow and 30 mph winds. Looking forward to it!

Out in Central Ohio right now, was out side looking at the ice and all of a sudden everything lit up with that tell tale illumination that you get from a lightning flash. Strangely though no thunder, and I was out for around another 30 minutes without another flash. Just the silent pitter patter of rain falling on the ice that covered everything in sight.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

A lot of those support wires have big plastic coverings. Could this not have formed under a cover and the cover been lifted up. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

I first will state that my personal opinion is that these are not a hoax. Also, they are an interesting phenomenon and make for cool pics.

However, i find a flaw within your flaws

2nd. The two photos are by different people.
Now if these two guys elaborated on this grand scheme, I would be surprised. I have to agree. WHY HOAX ???????

Hypothetically speaking- It would be possible for one person or a group of people to create a sculpture or an image in the public view. Then that person or people could go back home, stay warm all wrapped up in a blanket while drinking hot chocolate, and go online to see if anyone has started talking about their sculptures. They then sit back and enjoy the hoax they created. Two complete strangers from different areas of the town, then stumble upon these sculptures, are amazed by them, and take pics. The satisfaction of a hoax could just be the simple fact of wanting to see how many people believe it is something that it is not. Lots of people within this crazy world get their rocks off on all sorts of strange things(many alot worse than this scenario).

Aside from that, I do like the pics; I find this thread interesting; I am under the opinion that they are natural although I do not know what created them; and I am curious to find out the truth about what actually caused this.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes, I believe it is real too. I also think this evil ice spiral is plotting to rule the world and make us all it's subjects.

Just kidding.

Sure the guy's could have got together. I just don't think that's what happened. It is just amazing to me that I have had to put so much energy into defending frozen h20. People love to debate anything.

Not directed at you of course. People I am drinking coffee right now. I am not hoaxing it. I can post pics with today's newspaper date in the picture too prove it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join