It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Epic Snowstorm Blast The US - Be prepared to see weird things like this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

You can see snow on tree branches and power lines so melt doesnt work, the foam idea does have a few chances though.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by timewalker

You can't see the other guy wires because they aren't covered in thick white ice. They are there, they are just too thin and gray to see and it doesn't help that the photo isn't in perfect focus.

Just look every where in that photo - there is no thick white ice forming on anything. There's a little bit of snow accumulated here and there on wires, but nothing thick.

Also, look at the street - it's wet - which means it's not that cold anymore so why would this stuff still be stuck on the wire? That's the first place this snow would melt from - if it were real.

My guess is that it's foam of some kind that they sprayed on and then sculpted with various tools.

you don't see all that snow in the background? hah how could you ignore that sooo much to suspect that someone wanted to make a sculpture THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE SNOW, in the middle of the snow, on a guide wire holding up a power pole?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
have a look at this thread to. Funky spirals on the ground in the snow...
they look similar but different, one lot 2d one lot 3d
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
have a look at this thread to. Funky spirals on the ground in the snow...
they look similar but different, one lot 2d one lot 3d

link   
Here is another article from a Memphis TN TV station blog WMCTV.com

Emmy Award winning Meteorologist Ron Childers can be seen on Action News 5 weekday mornings from 4:30 a.m. to 7 a.m.

Ron Childers WMCTV.com

Along with SpaceWeather.com

Two pretty reliable sources. Does not mean that they were not faked, but none the less comes from somewhere credible at least.

If these meteorologist don't know, who does?

P.S. I have messeged the weather ninja - OZWeatherman to see if he has some input.
edit on 1-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

WMCTV.com

Is only a blog who uses the origional site as its refrence.. Not reliable.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

Well the fact is that he is a trained meteorologist and does not know either.

While reading SpaceWeather.com yesterday (yes, there is a space weather website and I read it regularly) I found this interesting picture of snow spirals. I found it facinating and thought I’d share it here. I must admit I’ve never seen snow spirals in person but I’ll be on the lookout from now on. Here’s the article as it appeared on the website.

source

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp
reply to post by getreadyalready

It could be wind and electrostatic cling but..it should be more common then right? Maybe it is but I've never seen it growing up in New England. That of course does not make it impossible.

I have to admit, I have never seen anything like it either. It doesn't seem all that odd, but then again, why isn't it a common occurence? This whole winter has been full of odd and interesting occurences.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you as well. It just seems strange that it is not a common thing every winter. You know like birds falling from the sky every 4th of July and New Years Eve.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I have never seen this before, and have relatives that live back east for decades.
They have seen a lot of things, but not this.

I am very interested to hear the logical explantion....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I had to give this some hard thought but my suggestion is that these occurred through a dual process of accretion and wind. The first ice crystals to form did so in between the braids of the guy wires though only at a few spots where the wind would not knock them off. These then grew laterally and joined with the ice between the other braids which brought them counter to the direction of the braid of the guy wire.
Snow between the beginnings of the spirals was knocked off as it was more exposed and not securely anchored.
As Getreadyalready has stated the difference in the size of the spirals was due to wind being greater the further away from the ground you go.

Cheers, ATA

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

See, I knew there would be a logical explanation!

Is this perhaps the same thing?

Snow rollers(6)
A cylindrical spiral of snow shaped somewhat like a child's muff and produced by the wind.
www.climate.noaa.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Here is another article from a Memphis TN TV station blog WMCTV.com

Emmy Award winning Meteorologist Ron Childers can be seen on Action News 5 weekday mornings from 4:30 a.m. to 7 a.m.

Ron Childers WMCTV.com

Along with SpaceWeather.com

Two pretty reliable sources. Does not mean that they were not faked, but none the less comes from somewhere credible at least.

If these meteorologist don't know, who does?

P.S. I have messeged the weather ninja - OZWeatherman to see if he has some input.

The WMCTV.com isn't a "source" - they are reporting what was claimed in the "SpaceWeather.com" website.

So it's still only one source. Even the WMCTV guy says he's never even heard of anything like this before, so if you want testimony, you can't ignore that since you emphasized his credentials of being an aware winning meteorologist.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Snow rollers(6)
A cylindrical spiral of snow shaped somewhat like a child's muff and produced by the wind.
noaa.gov

Nope, it's not the same thing - totally different.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
reply to post by harrytuttle

You can see snow on tree branches and power lines so melt doesnt work, the foam idea does have a few chances though.

Snow melts first on the street, and I already mentioned the power lines:

...there is no thick white ice forming on anything. There's a little bit of snow accumulated here and there on wires, but nothing thick.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Yes, OF COURSE I see the snow on the ground. But we aren't talking about the ground, are we? We are talking about looking for evidence of heavy ice/snow accumulation on SIMILAR features in the background, which we don't see. We only see a small amount of snow on the TOPSIDE of some wires in the background. NONE of the guy wires in the background you can even see which is ODD, especially since you would EXPECT to see THICK WHITE ICE/SNOW on them as well.

Meaning, this particular wire in this particular neighborhood is unique. Which means, it's a hoax.

I challenge anyone here to search the internet far and wide for this phenom. PROVE this is a real phenom.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My question is, if this IS a hoax, then they are getting something for it right? like money? or perhaps writing a book about snow spirals? lol, or maybe a T.V. show? there is gotta be SOMETHING they are getting for this, no? and on top of that I wonder if the snow spiraling has anything to do with this new epic storm that is occurring? surely when something as big as a snow storm that is the worst storm on record occurs, I am pretty sure it brings with it incredible phenomena. For sure when someone does a hoax, it is because they want to gain something from it, for example: Crop circle formations in England (NOT all) may be a hoax as farmers may want to charge people to come on their property and walk through the circle etc.So what's this dudes agenda? I doubt you can get any compensation for snow spirals!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by burntheships

Snow rollers(6)
noaa.gov

Nope, it's not the same thing - totally different.

loooool nice 1..you just won my friendship

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruffagii
Spirals are cosmic energy signatures, so my guess is some cosmic energy waves are hitting earth causing all these weird formations

we are page 2..and yours is still for me the best explanation...cant figure out how it went so unnoticed...guess this maybe well relate to this..

and this...

and this..

i think this threads deserve more attention..IMO

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Or this!

Crazy things going on people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join