It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton convenes mass meeting of US ambassadors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Clinton convenes mass meeting of US ambassadors

www.google.com

WASHINGTON (AP) — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is convening an unprecedented mass meeting of U.S. ambassadors.

The top envoys from nearly all of America's 260 embassies, consulates and other posts in more than 180 countries will be gathering at the State Department beginning on Monday. Officials say it's the first such global conference.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This sounds pretty big. Egypt is one excuse being used for calling it. Wikileaks leaks are really changing things now.
U.S. have bankrolled the dictator in charge of Egypt and are too afraid to call for him to go. How many other countries will follow? Are wikileaks about to carry out a major dump and if so it wont be good for U.S.
The fact that Egypt's net was completely shut down makes me think that if wikileaks were to come out with a lot of material the U.S. will not hesitate to shut down the net immediately. We are beginning to see how the U.S has been running the planet with its various puppets. It all looks like its staring to unravel.

( I also noticed Clinton speaking over the weekend and thought her facial movements were a little odd. I was wondering if she had been ill. Her left eye seems much larger /more open than her right. Hadn't noticed this before?
www.youtube.com... Dunno if anyone else noticed this? )

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The official story is that it's a meeting about protecting communications and meetings so another Wikileaks doesn't happen again...

But I SERIOUSLY doubt that...

What the hell are they gonna pull? Asking ambassadors if NATO can invade the middle-east to protect the oil to save the world economy from terrorists? Alien disclosure? WW3? US to default on it's debt? Pole shift? Yellowstone? Tell them to prepare for a war on Iran? International force to invade Egypt to secure the Suez Canal?

What?

I mean this is pretty serious, THEY NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. NEVER.

Why the hell would they call their Fiji ambassador or Lichtenstein ambassador about Wikileak or Egypt? This stinks to high heaven.

Since they call everyone, it's probably something global... dollar devaluation? Recalling US troops around the world and defaulting?
edit on 31-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The fact they are calling in everyone is setting off alarm bells. I don't think any possible senario can be discounted. I'm sure they are also concerned over another possible market crash too with the turmoil in middle east. Its looks like events in Egypt are encouraging other countries to start revolutions.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

All this thanks to ONE GUY in Tunisia who set himself on fire!! This guy should receive hundreds of medals of freedom!!!

Something big is brewing.... big big big big big.

The world will be changed soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

( I also noticed Clinton speaking over the weekend and thought her facial movements were a little odd. I was wondering if she had been ill. Her left eye seems much larger /more open than her right. Hadn't noticed this before?
www.youtube.com... Dunno if anyone else noticed this? )

She did not look "ill" to me, nor did her "facial movements" strike me as odd. I don't know where you get that impression. I thought for once she looks better rested and a bit more youthful. Her new "do", with her hair a bit longer and pulled back is very becoming and I think she looks better now than at some times in the past when she appeared more "harried". Her demeanor is a bit more serene. It is a lot of work to have as much responsibility as she does and I think she carries and presents herself well.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Officials say it's the first such global conference.

this aint NASA announcing some Hubble new Discovery..

this is HUGE IMO
edit on 31-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

TONS of blinking in that video and limited facial movement leads me to believe she's full of #

Whatever they're gonna be talking about is gonna be big no doubttt
edit on 31-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Everybody - DUCK!

-PS I have it on good authority that the basement is the safest place:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96b0d2b3f53b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 1/31/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Harry Cooper

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Everybody - DUCK!

-PS I have it on good authority that the basement is the safest place.

Damn, typical!

I haven't got a basement..bugger it!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I really felt there was major difference between her eyes. Something i would have put down to illness. To me her left eye is much more open. In other recent videos she has looked much healthier. maybe its my imagination. anyway if no one else notices it please ignore and don't let it detract from main issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Remember back in 08, there were rumors that US embassies were told to get lots of local currencies to at least have enough money to be able to function without the US dollar for about a year?

Think this might be it?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I think they are finally starting to figure out that the 1,400 year old Jihad against all non-muslims the planet over is real. They come together now to lick their wounds and formulate a response to the encroachment of the Islamic Empire despite their decades and even centuries of appeasement. They are realizing they have been deceived by The House of Islam and they are angry.

Or they are going to announce Alien brothers, zero-point energy, and/or the activation of the FEMA camps and mass chip implantations.

Sinister plots or plain old Jihad? Your call TV viewer!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I agree with you. I saw a video of her speaking and she looked *years* younger. No photography trick could have done that much. She had been looking really awful- horrible bags under her eyes.
I'd halfway forgive her if she divulged how she did it. (like a mere mortal could afford it)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
reply to post by Alethea

I agree with you. I saw a video of her speaking and she looked *years* younger. No photography trick could have done that much. She had been looking really awful- horrible bags under her eyes.
I'd halfway forgive her if she divulged how she did it. (like a mere mortal could afford it)

I bet it's not really her. I bet it's her "replacement". Just being the Devil's Advocate:

I Am Number 2, You Are Number 6: Is Hillary Trying To Tell Us Something?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
regardless what its about the fact that it has never happened in the past indicates some level of seriousness. given the economic state of the country the riots in a few countries and the fact the weather is acting strange. its certainly not boring news.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Dynamics in the Middle East will change forever in weeks to come. I think this is exactly what the meeting is all about PLUS a possible dynamo affect of revolution worldwide.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

First of all , its true that Egypt possibly changing its political position after the culmination of events in Cairo , Suez, and Luxor, could be problematic for the US , since Egypts position as one of the most powerful mid eastern nations, and its links with the US are imperative for American interests in the region, not least of which is the support of the Israel/Arab peace process, and the dwindling support for military and corperate interests in the middle east.
But whats key here is that this change of circumstances should not be as devastating as the political commentators are suggesting. For a start the contingency planners in the U.S. gov, know better than most, that the situation in the Middle East is NEVER static, always morphing, changing and evolving. Its a never stand still world, even though the money and power in the region is old and entrenched. That entrenchment has never stopped the political topography of the region from fluctuating wildly in terms of who is the biggest cheese, and who has the louder voice.
While obviously unfortunate for the US, a shift in position on the part of Egypt, would only be catastrophic if somehow, no contingency planning has occured to cover it. An unlikely state of affairs if you ask me.
However, it seems clear to me that the US none the less, has its hands rather tied at this point. Obama has been said to have stated that it is important that any change over of power is conducted peacefuly and in good order, and warned against allowing proceedings to descend into chaos. Reasonable suggestions, but baring in mind the circumstances, and the fact that he has a nobel peace prize in his collection of achievements, one would have thought that he would be a firm voice against the Egyptian Presidents apparant lack of ability to accept the will of his people. I suppose I am either naive or simply to honest to understand why he wouldnt recommend that the Egyptian President consider stepping out at this point, when it is so clear that he has not got the support of his people.
Virtualy every nation which had reason to comment when Ivory Coasts leader refused to step down after failing to win an election, howled and hooted and banged the war drum over his behaviour, right from other African states, to the leaders of western democracies . This is not the case with Egypt, even though the President has been in power for what, 33 years? I think this proves how impotent the networks of political relations are,and that starkly telling the world that you cannot say what you think about a person or a policy, just because of diplomacy is frankly a bit gutless. Right and wrong are very simple terms to use in this matter obviously, but it is clearly wrong for Hosni Mubarak to remain in power while his people have no faith in him, and wish him removed from office. Why then, must diplomacy mean that President Obama of the USA cannot say so in plain terms?

Moving on to the meeting of Ambassadors. I believe that this meeting is probably alot broader in its intention than some might give it credit for. The last two years have been , well... they have been bloody strange really. Floods, and catastrophies left right and centre, political wrangling on all sides, major shifts in world power bases in general, the rise of China , the partial collapse of western fiscal supremacy, and there has been no co-ordinated approach to tackling any of the fall out from the last two crazy years of life on Earth. I wouldnt be at all suprised to find that this meeting covers far more than Wikileaks, and the political situation surrounding the Egyptian presidency.
Theres an awful lot to talk about, inclusive of the changes in the way aid money is doled out. There will probably be a pep talk that runs something like "We are going to be a hell of a lot less popular this year, I want you all well drilled and capable of putting on a flak vest in less than sixteen seconds" and other stiring words of encouragement and advice. But in all seriousness, the changes in the world over the last two years in the entire global power picture, may mean some serious re shuffling of priorities.
Another point is this. Wikileaks may not be capable on its own, of bringing down governments by way of aggressive use of truth, but it can change the way government bodies operate . Dont you find it the least bit interesting , that this unprecidented meeting comes after Wikileaks have proven that they can get sensitive Ambassadorial communications almost as easy as breathing? Wouldnt it be marvelous if they could all just get up close and personal with eachother, rather than having to communicate using such easily intercepted methods as cables and memos? I think this meeting will be a melting pot for all those cables that were just never sent out of fear of interception. I see back rooms full of smoke and whiskey vapour, well suited elbows resting on walnut desks, and files full of data never sent by cable , which were considered too sensitive due to the Wikileaks issue, to send by any other than eyes only , hand to hand delivery changing hands, a massive inflow of hard , sensitive intelligence and information.
I also reckon theres a fair chance of this becoming a regular thing, because I dont see Wikileaks going away, and I dont see the world stage calming either. With so much data to share , and so many new and interesting developments in the world, I would be very suprised if this is the last time we shall see such an undertaking from the Embassy heads.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
how can u say this has never happened before?
the only difference here really is that its getting reported. surely this crap went on stacks before the internet and wikileaks the thing is we hear about it

is that going to be enough for everyone to do something? just hear about it?
im not quite sure
i think we will bide our time till it passes us by
its human nature

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
There's a high probability that these meetings will result in no significant public announcement. With the state of technology in video conferencing available to these folks, there appears no compelling reason for face-to-face contact. The only reason that seems plausible for gathering these physical beings together would be to influence their physical bodies or brains directly. Say perhaps to inject them with a vaccine that protects them from some agent (about to be) released into the atmosphere. Or to "replace" them with surrogates (not sure about the reptilian thing however). Perhaps there will be an indoctrination/brain washing/"mk ultra" exercise for these folks which must be accomplished in the flesh. My point is this: speculation on the reported outcome of the event is fine, but the more interesting question in my mind is why do these people need to be physically present concurrently?

ganjoa

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join