It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Revolution Begins Feb. 4th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Syrian Revolution Begins Feb. 4th

www.facebook.com

After Friday prayers, 4 / February is the first day of anger for the Syrian people proud. Comprehensive civil disobedience in all cities, all.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
in 2 days 5,400+ people have joined this facebook group dedicated to overthrowing the regime of Syrian Despot Bashir al-assad. As you know, i hope, this is how Tunisia and Egypts Uprisings began as well. SPREAD THE WORD!! Like the facebook group. Support the Syrian people by getting the word out. The Assad Regime in Damascus is the next domino to fall.

On a sidenote, there were demonstrations by Sudanese today as well. Feb 12th will bring mass protests to Algeria "dedicated to overthrowing the government and ending the 19 year state of emergency". There is a General Strike Tomorrow in Tunsia against the RCD party and the Interim Government.

www.facebook.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Like the user said from Jordan, the Revolutions maybe very well against Islam itself, i guess people are finally waking up and seeing how Islam didn't brought them anything good in there lives, and i hope that is true.

Star and Flag OP.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They will get slaughtered, I don't see the regime in Syria using the same restraint that has been seen in Egypt thus far. I would have to say human rights is not a priority where Syria is concerned. I wish them luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

No doubt this will occur throughout the Muslim, middle eastern world including perhas Persia (Iran). Then they'll all go to Saudi Arabia and kick our the Americans. It is our military presence there, after all, which has provoked the most Muslim anger towards us.

Such is life..... I pity anyone who just bought a motor home and thinks they'll be traveling.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Seriously? They are admitting their intentions to band together and overthrow the (Syrian, no less) government on an international social networking site?

I wish them all the very best, however I feel that the organisers/original masterminds of this grand scheme may not live to see February the 4th.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Seriously? They are admitting their intentions to band together and overthrow the (Syrian, no less) government on an international social networking site?

You must announce it publicly or not enough people will find out. If you try to keep it secret it looks nefarious and is usually interrupted by intelligence.

The middle east are going to find themselves in a MUCH better position if they keep at it!

They can't let this fail; if they do the governments will only be much more prepared.

Now is the time for them to kick the monopoly board.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah Johnson
They will get slaughtered, I don't see the regime in Syria using the same restraint that has been seen in Egypt thus far. I would have to say human rights is not a priority where Syria is concerned. I wish them luck.

and that very action will seal their fate. While I have concern over whats to come (democracy or another group pretending to be democratic only to form a new regime) I think this is very good.

For once its nice to see the people of these countries taking their countries back.

What strikes me about Egypt is the relative lack of anti American / anti-Israel sentiment. It looks truely "legitimate" so to speak (hard to find the right description). Even the manner of the protests, involving people of all age groups, backgrounds and sexes (which was really surprising).

Hopefully this all works out for them. Let them reclaim their countries and their religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I did see some protesters holding up signs of Mubarek, not sure of the spelling, with the Star of David over his face. It could only be a fraction I suppose but I hope you're right none the less.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
When is the American Idol season finale? That will hopefully help us determine when the American uprising is scheduled for.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash

No doubt this will occur throughout the Muslim, middle eastern world including perhas Persia (Iran). Then they'll all go to Saudi Arabia and kick our the Americans. It is our military presence there, after all, which has provoked the most Muslim anger towards us.

Such is life..... I pity anyone who just bought a motor home and thinks they'll be traveling.

No it did not. Our presence did not provoke them. The have never liked the west. This has been since time.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics

You must announce it publicly or not enough people will find out. If you try to keep it secret it looks nefarious and is usually interrupted by intelligence.

Good point, I have the humility to concede an original idea when presented with a better one as opposed to 'flogging a dead horse' to appear intellectually superior to someone I have never met(and probably will never meet) in order to achieve status as an affluent debater to a group of other people I have never met (and probably never will).

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Our presence did not provoke them. The have never liked the west. This has been since time.

So when time began, they all woke up and declared their hatred for the West? Just because they felt like it? It was entirely unprovoked? This is what you believe?

I bet you believe the Japanese were not provoked in to attacking Pearl Harbor either, don't you?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by trailertrash

No it did not. Our presence did not provoke them. The have never liked the west. This has been since time.

What historical events signify this 'ancient hatred' and in your opinion what is the cause?

Have I got my account of the crusades confused?
edit on 30/1/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah I would have to agree, the anger is directed towards their leadership for lack of freedom, maybe some are angry at the west but I would think it has more to do with internal issues. Think about it, if we here in the US were to have a revolution it's not going to be because of what's going on in Australia or some other country it will have more to do with us being ticked off at losing more of our freedoms.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You do understand their is no American Militar presence in Saudi Arabia except for 400 members of the 64th air squadron right? We withdrew all military utis on 2003, shift forces to Iraq and Quatar.

Why? Because we listened to the people, finally, complaining about American forces in a country with Islams 2 holiest sites.

I wish people would do research at times...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
does nobody seem to be worried about the mass protests all over the world because to me its starting to seem like its one after another. is this normal??

i mean has there been this much civil rest in recent times 20 years?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2010

Contrary to the propaganda the news and governments feed you depending on where you're living, the global economy sucks and it's not in a recovery. Besides being angry with lack of freedoms people are upset with lack of money, lack of jobs and finally a lack of food. As bad as things are in the west it's far worse if you're living in a 3rd world country. Here in the states were being told that a recovery is in the works and new jobs are being created, in the mean time states are going bankrupt and infrastructure is crumbling. It's all propaganda, the truth will set us free in the end, no amount of propaganda will change the reality of what's happening to us and those other folks in Egypt and elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
am I the only person who finds it extremely
suspicious that that Facebook page has
external links to Hamas and Muslim
Brotherhood?

u do know who funds both Hamas and
Muslim Brotherhood ???

CAIR !!!

Do you know who funds CAIR ???

George Soros' Tides Foundation

Soros also has ties to the revolt in Tunisia,
Sudan, Egypt and now Syria.

Wake up folks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2010
does nobody seem to be worried about the mass protests all over the world because to me its starting to seem like its one after another. is this normal??

i mean has there been this much civil rest in recent times 20 years?

Not that I remeber.. I would not outright fear this at all. Watch with concern for the time being, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Its entirely possible we are seeing the "people" taking a stand against governments, global politics, corporations etc. The wrodl has been at the status quo pretty much since the end of WWII with the exception of a few countries. I think the world is long overdue for poloitical changes. We are seeing the new generation of people who are not tied to the past amkeing their voices heard.

When the carbomb killed a bunch of people going to the Coptic church in Egypt, the reaction to that from Muslims was an eye opener. The Muslim groups were tired of the death and destruction over religion, and many of them spoke out about that. The Muslims promised to protect the Coptic church goers for their Christmas.

I bet it was a sight to see when 2-3k Muslims kept their word and showed up to act as human shieldes so the churchgoers could celevbrate their religion free rom harm.

I really do think the peopl are tired of their country beiung hijcaked as well as their religion. They want peace, they want freedom, and I think the world, including the US should pay attention for a change and take notes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join