It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested With Explosives Outside One of Nation's Largest Mosques

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

How are you going to get them to all explode simultaneously??? the gunpowder is a pretty inefficient explosive. It is the packing the gives it the bang. I used to make my own as a kid.

If you combine the gun powder you can make a pretty big bomb, but then it wouldn't be called an "M-80" anymore, and I'm sure if that was the case the government would have told us he had M-80's strung together into one massive bomb, but they didn't, they just said M-80 which by fireworks standards is a pretty powerful firecracker, but not a bomb, not anywhere close to taking down a building. Now throw some airplane fuel on it and you may take down the whole block, just kidding, I accidentally started using twin tower logic there for a second.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
what I would be interested in knowing
is HOW he had this large amount of
firecrackers packaged.

If they were packaged like they
were manufactured then I can't see
that as a threat. Maybe we're missing
something or they are not telling us
something. And also, let's not forget
that the FBI loves to entrap people
who would not normally cause any
harm.

i wonder if he bought these particular
M-80's from an undercover agent
who told him they were some big
bang or something so they arrested
him merely on what he THOUGHT
they were.

and the Bureau has this thing about:
it's not a bomb unless WE say it's
a bomb.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What I want to know is if you guy would be so defensive if the man had been named Mohammed instead of Roger, and had been found outside the Dearborn First Baptist Church instead of the Islamic Center of America.

I imagine this thread would be a thirty-page lynch mob in that case. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by TheGhostViking

Originally posted by filosophia
If you packed together M-80's you may blow a hole in a wall but you couldn't "blow up" a mosque especially one that big. And did anyone else catch the double speak where they say he had "anti-government" sentiments yet wanted to bomb a mosque? We all know the most racist Islamophobes are the ones working with the government.

YES couldn't agree more plus they are protected by sites such as this which in itself is scandalous .

DONT LET THEM DIVIDE AND CONQUER YOU !!!

Who the hell are you?

You pop up on these thread saying ridiculous lines like' dont let them divide and conquer you'.....

You are stupid beyond belief..... go get your head out of your asshole.......

nice language bro , who am I ? not your pawn thats who .
have a nice day .

on topic any more reports coming out to do with this event ?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I live in southwest CT, near NY boarder. When i was 19, 1994, managers son at work got me some bottle rockets, 2 grosses of the ones that fly and explode, 2 grosses of the ones that fly and dont explode, and i dunno maybe 8 m 80's? I would drive up a long dark nature yet residential street at night, light the m 80's toss n fly around a corner, then wait too see the light come around the dark corner, then the shockwave boom!! man it was fun!
but alas, me a friend were driving around at like 1 30 am, lighting the bottle rockets off my windshiled, and got pulled over. cop wanted to book me for possession of a bomb, since in CT, it is illegal to have any fireworks, even sparklers. This law, took effect around 1990. in court, i had a lawyer,....guy in front of me was all ghetto dressed down, sly n skeay attitude..was thier for seeling drugs coc aine i think. dude got 6 months probation first offense. I had fireworks..judge was not nice to me, and i got 40 huors community service. imagine that..the drug dealer got much better treatment and punishment, being basically slapped on the hand and told not ot do it agian, over controversial stuff...i had to do hard manual labor at a local small farm.

Thier is a story i once told, many years ago, upstate CT. One day at some small market, the manager thier had set up many many bags of charcoal right up agianst his building, which was brick, with windows. it caught on fire somehow....it was known as the hottest fire in CT's history! even the brick on the shop building was glowing red : X
it made me think from reading this article...theoretically, suppose this guy got the fireworks to go off. he'd had to get the material on the building to absorb the heat of the fire. it was kinda iditotic to use fireworks. they wont go off at the same time to cause such a massive boom, as lets say C4 would. he'd have to 'wire' geesh, like at least 10 m 80's on time fuses i guess, to cause any damage to one small area. In the mid 80's a friend was on a small boat with friends around 1985, new years eve, out on the sound fro here. One guy was drunk, and lighting off m 80's. well he lit one, didnt throw it fast enough ( too drunk) blew up, 3 fingers went into the ocean, and part of his right hand. m 80's can do damage, to flesh and stuff hell yeah...but too concrete? i have no idea

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Even Bob Marley wouldn't agree with what is happening today....

In fact he probably wouldn't have wroye a lot of what he wrote....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
yes that right i mean black people are traditionallly in fear of muslims arent they ?
Muhammed Ali was so scared he converted to being a muslim yeah ? The rza too .
Because it was the muslims who traded in slaves wasnt it ? Nothing to do with White people ,
and the la riots started because of muslims too didnt it .?

Dear oh Dear

No, I am not going 10,000 miles to help murder kill and burn other people to simply help continue the domination of white slavemasters over dark people the world over. This is the day and age when such evil injustice must come to an end. Muhammed Ali
edit on 31-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Actually it was everyone that traded in slaves.(keyword)--> EVERYONE

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
yes it was uk whites too is that better ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Again keyword --> EVERYONE

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
. youd have to ask a black ATSer what they think , im white but i detest how we have raped and pillaged countries that Don't belong to us .
I beleive in peace and liberty not war and tyranny . Thats all

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well, people around here like to blow things up with modified firecrackers.. we probably lead the world in testing bomb proof parking meters and what not
so yes, depending on the modifications firecrackers can cause varying levels of damage

Originally posted by Vampiri

Actually it was everyone that traded in slaves.(keyword)--> EVERYONE

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Has anyone asked if or do they know already, were there other fireworks in with the M-80s? Maybe like some sparklers or bottle rockets or one of those little airplanes that have firecrackers mounted on them or maybe just a bunch of packs of regular old black cats or...
fireworks are fun. But seriously what we seem to lack here is any real context for the find.

STH

"a long history of anti-government activities," Well I guess that's all of the context we need.
edit on 1-2-2011 by stopthathurts because: add

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
yes that right i mean black people are traditionallly in fear of muslims arent they ?
Muhammed Ali was so scared he converted to being a muslim yeah ? The rza too .
Because it was the muslims who traded in slaves wasnt it ? Nothing to do with White people ,
and the la riots started because of muslims too didnt it .?

Dear oh Dear

No, I am not going 10,000 miles to help murder kill and burn other people to simply help continue the domination of white slavemasters over dark people the world over. This is the day and age when such evil injustice must come to an end. Muhammed Ali
edit on 31-1-2011 by TheGhostViking because: (no reason given)

Maybe you should learn some history, since white and asian people were slaves too

regards, an irish ATSer who knows his peoples history and doesnt bawl about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join