It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan's powerful Muslim [Brotherhood] opposition warns that Arabs will topple US-allied Mideast le

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the Muslim Brotherhood to start the ball rolling here in the southern US.

That's going to go over real well in Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and West By-God.

I'm sure some folks in Montana, Wyoming, Texas, Nebraska, and Colorado are looking forward to the same thing.

Muslim Brotherhood.

The name says it all.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Do you even know who they are?

Or are you basing a book based on its cover?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

www.reuters.com...

I think with the made in USA teargas and bullets fired by police you can figure out the rest.
edit on 30-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The government in Washington is in horrendous financial shape, as everyone knows right now, so its not going to be hard for them to succeed. Those nations allied with Washington who recieve money and other things from them will be getting less money, or no money, because Washington has to cut spending somewhere. This means that all the 'lower class' people out there in the world will have to suffer and die. Guaranteed that the PTB will save their own rear ends first should the situation in the Middle East explode, and they'll hide in their 'continuity of government' bunkers and watch, while everyone else on the surface is left to fend for themselves in a rapidly deteriorating situation! Washington is in a catch 22 situation! Damned if you don't cut spending, and damned if you do, so the world goes to hell, and they'll hide in their caves in the rocks until its all over! Forgot one thing boys! You can't hide from Living God!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by MMPI2

www.reuters.com...

I think with the made in USA teargas and bullets fired by police you can figure out the rest.
edit on 30-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

anti-american hyperbole from a hackneyed, bought-and-paid for "wire service" is not proof.

it is more akin to propaganda.

try again.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Yep. The cash cow is broke. Where's that new cash cow? Oh yeah China. Which is exactly where the subfaction of the PTB currently with the balance of power in DC is focusing. Because the last subfaction with the balance of power drove us to ruin. Our days in the ME are over.

Seems some of these greedy murderers are already on the move. Is Davos over yet? Watch for more movement in the coming days.

edit on 1/30/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Same as the hyperbole about our troops and Indian contractors in Afghanistan being shot with weapons and ammo bought with money we provided to our enemies in allies clothing? Info provided to you by that other bought and paid for hack WikiLeaks. Upi think the people providing these weapons really give a damn about how their used as long as the money goes into the right pockets?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by MMPI2

Same as the hyperbole about our troops and Indian contractors in Afghanistan being shot with weapons and ammo bought with money we provided to our enemies in allies clothing? Info provided to you by that other bought and paid for hack WikiLeaks. Upi think the people providing these weapons really give a damn about how their used as long as the money goes into the right pockets?

just a quick question...

what in the hell are you babbling about?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The first Iron Man move depicted a weapons contractor who sold weapons to factions in the ME, who then turned around and used them on the forces that were sent in to fight the factions! This world is so corrupt!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by h_jordan

Just a question to you since you do come from Jordan when will the people in the middle east finally denounce Islam? and reailze that religion isn't bringing anything good in there life.

Well its a just question i hope to an answer from you.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

well, when? really hard to tell, but i can tell you that people of the Middle East are really changing, waking up you may say, you would get shocked by the number of ex-muslims, now (athiest - agnostic - non religous) middle eastern people on the internet, they critic religions (specially islam) everywhere on the forums, blogs, social networks..etc, some issues about islam where even taken by msm people from these forums and blogs and discussed in talk shows, people are still scared of exposing thier new ideas and beliefs about islam in public, i mean in real life as opposed to virtual world on the web, why? first because nothing will stop islamists from killing these people (terrorists) and second because people don't have what we call freedom of speach and expression (dictatorship), it's very complicated to be raised as a muslim in the Middle east, you go through a very long brain washing process by religion and by regim, it is not uncommon to find a very smart educated individuale believe that islam is the only correct religion and believe that the western societies are infidels, he might not distinguish between jews and zionists and might be believing that killing jews for no reason other than they are jews is (Jihad) and a good thing, he might believe that all the bad conditions we have in our countries is because we don't fully implement sharia law, why? becuase this guy has never ever in his life questioned islam, further more he would never think of opposing the system of the country because none wants to spend his life in jail, this is a psychological issue, i don't know what to call it, extensive brain washing process, he will be obeying allah and mohammad and the police and the president blindly without asking himself why the heck am i doing so?

the bright side is (from my own experience) you can flip this guy's beliefs 180 degress in few hours, just put him on the first step of questioning his believes, i say many people in the Middle east are ready to ditch islam if shown the way to question it then get rid of years and years of brain washing.

islamists are losing thier battle and they know it, politicians are losing thier battles too, the young generations are not easy to deceive, unlike thier ancestors they have access to this ocian of information on the internet and they can communicate and discuss everything without fear, look at tunisia, now eygpt, if you've been following things you must be knowing by now that what is going now in egypt has been originally planned on facebook and twitter by the youth of egypt, thats why the government in egypt shutdown the internet few days ago, this revolution (which will change the course of politics) has no leaders, youth planned and led it all, sometime soon youth will revolute against religion on the ground not only on the web assuming that islamists (Mulsims Brotherhood funded by Saudi Arabia) will not distort the effort these youth are making now to change the regim and achieve democracy in egypt.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

The people of Saudi Arabia of course. The Saudi govt. uses religious police to enforce their Wahhabism on the people. No doubt they are getting tired of that crap, especially when the royal family are enjoying drinking alcohol and prostitutes that prohibits by the very same laws they are enforcing on the people. Not to mention to appease to the Islamic extremists. With the overthrow, the people can get rid of the religious police and the Wahabbis are forced to exile or killed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Are these event being manipulated and set up by the global Elitists on some scale? Even this group?

All we have to go on is middle east history. All the wars and coups choreographed by the PTB in the past. If there is a pattern it may be that democracy is slowly being established in the region. Makes sense that the meddling western powers would be able to create a stable political platform that was attractive to Arab Muslims. How would anyone investigate the true loyalties of these candidates anyways?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by FarArcher

Or are you basing a book based on its cover?

Why are you defending the Muslim Brotherhood so much? the way you are defending them makes it sound like your an Islamic apologist.

the Muslim Brotherhood aren't just a political party they are also a terrorist group, atleast money wise, the political party calls for an Islamic Solution in the middle east and in Egypt.
newledger.com...

The question should be asked at you, since you strongly defend the Muslim Brotherhood so much.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Tourism to Egypt may indeed go down, but it likely won't make a difference to the people anyway. They already have high unemployment, thus these protests. They have also lived under the dictator Mubarek for 30 years. Will another government be any worse? It's possible, but the people of Egypt deserve the right to decide who they want to lead them.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Great article, so much fear I almost couldn't type this message.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by h_jordan

Well, welcome to posting on ATS.

A very interesting perspective. Haha...powerful in their own minds? Powerful because someone wants them to be? Powerful because no one else appears to be speaking out on the issues and they are taking the opportunity to speak out given the current political climate? Anyone's guess. Huge political strides have been made throughout history by seizing the moment and momentum. Someone's mistake is usually somebody else's gain. We have to wait to see?

We have to take the headlines with a grain of salt, and also consider their source. Both actually tell us a lot about the bias of the news outlet. The actual headline of this article was even worse. I took the liberty and may still get dinged for it) of adding the word Brotherhood. Could be there was no space and someone made a poorly chosen word cut. Or it could be they wanted the headline to be more inflammatory. Just a guess.

From all I've heard, Mubarak has not been all that good to his people. They are not happy with the poverty and economy and many view him as a dictator as he has been in power for 30 years. And, as with any leader, has formed alliances that some of the people in his country do not agree with. Some don't like his policies regarding Israel. Others don't like his seeming support of Iran.

Egypt is a U.S.ally. However, there are many who feel the U.S has supported this government for strictly financial reasons and have ignored some of the blatant disregard of the peoples' complaints about political repression, low wages, corruption and nepotism. The same is true of Saudi Arabia, where the situation of the people is even more dire.

Can you give us an overview of what you are seeing in your country, from a Jordanian's perspective? Regarding the prime minister.

Also, here is another, recent thread about Jordan if you have not found it yet. And now Jordan

Very true, i agree, it is very clear that the situation will not be calming down in the ME, Islamists as they always do try to get advantage of such situations to reach the top and rule, now people in egypt (spcially youth) are seeking change, political change followed by economical change, they want to catch up with the rest of the developed world, they want someone with the correct agenda that meets thier ambitions, what islamists got?! what agenda do they have?! oh yeah well, Sharia Law, now that meets the egyptians ambitions, sounds good, Allah is the best god and mohammad is the guy, lets not forget Quran, the only true word of Allah, let these brotherhood guys take the rule and make us a Godly country better than any country in the world, yeah but wait a minute don't you think that people will sooner or later realize that they never amid for another Afghanistan or Pakistan or even Iran? Islam is not the solution and will never be, people of the middle east will soon realize that.

cut the Saudi funds from the Brotherhood and they will go find a better job to do other than promoting islam as the only solution to everything.

if i had to choose between Mubarak's dictatorship and Islamits as a ruling party then i will not think twice before i choose Mubarak, and this is what will egyptians realize if islamists took over (I really hope not).

back to Jordan,

everything is calm here, nothing unusual, life here in Jordan is very expensive and honestly this isn't the fault of the prime minister, we are a very small country with almost no resources, we get affected economically by the changes in the surrounding countries and the world, people got carried away by the changes that happened in Tunisia, few hundred (not thousands) people gathered in downtown in the capital Amman protesting the high prices of everything on one friday, and asked the king to change the prime minister, this is rediculas
if the king changed the prime minister what will exactly happen? nothing

the king was wise engouh to ask the prime minister to cut down the prices on some basic goods and thats all.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
hey ~Lucidity,

Just wanted to make it clear that the thread you likned to about Jordan was originally linking to Al Jazeera, Jordan has a very bad relationship with Al Jazeera, if 5 people walked side by side in one street in Jordan Al Jazeera will start broadcasting about thousands of Jordanians protesting in Jordan asking the King to get divorce

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has about 10-20% support according to the news sites. Personally what I think we are seeing is the people of the Middle East tired of having their religion and countries hijacked by politics / religion / agendas and yes Western influence.

The protests in Egypt have been focused, which is to say they want freedom, and want Mubarik out. The incident at Christmas when about 2-3k Muslims marched to the Coptic church to act as human shields so the Christians could celebrate Christmas in peace, in my opinion, spoke volumes.

The final strawso to speak...

The Muslim Brotherhood can make all the claims they want. I think they are seeverely underestimating what these protests are about. I think the Muslim brotherhood and a few other extremists groups are thinking they will be swept into power through an islamic revolution.

I dont think they are understanding that the protests are geared towards religious freedom as well.

This will be interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

the Muslim Brotherhood aren't just a political party they are also a terrorist group, atleast money wise, the political party calls for an Islamic Solution in the middle east and in Egypt.
newledger.com...

The question should be asked at you, since you strongly defend the Muslim Brotherhood so much.

I asked a question. Not sure how you managed to confused asking a question with defending.

What's an Islamic apologist?

I don't support them, nor do I defend them.

Can you provide some proof that they are, as you say... terrorists.

Thanks

edit on 30-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt has about 10-20% support according to the news sites.

when the Egyptian Gov falls and the
only entity that can feed and clothe
them is Soros' Muslim Brotherhood,
then ur gonna see massive support
just so they can feed their families.
This is called the hijacking of a
revolution. This tactic is in the Soros
NWO playbook. And Soros comes
in with millions of humanitarian aid
and saves the Egyptians. Then he owns
them.

The very same tactic used in Palestine
with Hezbollah and Hamas.

edit on 1/30/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join