It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan's powerful Muslim [Brotherhood] opposition warns that Arabs will topple US-allied Mideast le

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Jordan's powerful Muslim opposition warns that Arabs will topple US-allied Mideast leaders

www.google.com

The leader of Jordan's powerful Muslim Brotherhood warned Saturday that unrest in Egypt will spread across the Mideast and Arabs will topple leaders allied with the United States.

Hammam Saeed's comments were made at a protest outside the Egyptian Embassy in Amman, inspired by massive rallies in neighbouring Egypt demanding the downfall of the country's longtime president, Hosni Mubarak.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"...will spread across the Mideast and Arabs will topple leaders allied with the United States."

Is the picture getting clearer now? The headline would more correctly read."Jordan's powerful Muslim [Brotherhood] opposition warns that Arabs will topple US-allied Mideast leaders."

Do the Middle Eastern people as a whole want interventionists in their countries? Or is this but a small faction?

This suggests pretty strongly that the protests in Egypt, Jordan, and maybe Saudi Arabia will not be limited but will probably spread throughout the Middle East.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/30/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
We made our beds and now we may have to live with the consequences.

Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, et al are all at risk here.

Even turkey may have a fight on their hands to keep from shifting further towards Islamic fundementalism.

Id say the only one safe for now is Syria

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Turkey will indeed. They've been backing Iran. As has Syria and to some extent Egypt. Very interesting watching this all develop.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking that people in those countries need to pray to their god that they keep themselves in the good graces of the United States.

the last thing they need to do now is start poking at the "great satan".

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well they sure know how to calm a situation down! Just the kind of people that you need in a crisis.

It is pretty clear that they don’t want peace, but it is very naive of them to think that the alternative will eventually make the situation more desirable, even from their twisted perspective.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Their goal appears to be to get away from The Great Satan, though.

Are you saying you see this at poking at same?

This appears more to me to be a matter for the countries to decide for their region. High time too.

What will be most interesting to hear will be the statements from Iraq and Afghanistan...both the governments and the people (not always the same message).

edit on 1/30/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good thread brother. S & F

I'm not sure what to think about all these developments anymore. Are these event being manipulated and set up by the global Elitists on some scale? Even this group?

Any more I really don't know what the heck is going on, and by whom. I do hope this region can break free of the globalist controllers, but something is feeling "off" in this, yet again. Like there are chess players manipulating pieces (regions) on the board for some end means.

I wish these power and control mongers would just leave humanity alone. Ugh.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood. Lovely bunch of wingnutz ... They disapprove of peace with Israel. Their slogan is "Islam is the Solution". They were created to help bring in an Islamic rule .. Sharia law. :shk: Under The Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt is going to slide backwards by a thousand years. It's pretty damn sad .... and frightening.

The Muslim Brotherhood English Version Website

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

no, they do not simply want to "get away from" the "great satan".

it's pretty obvious that factions within that world region want to conquer western culture. they will readily use extreme violence to reach their end.

I spent six months in turkey...in a fairly advanced metropolitan area...when I first got there, I was clueless. I asked the fellow in charge - a german at the time - how the turks felt about westerners. He looked at me with all seriousness and said: "They hate us to the depths of their souls."

He was absolutely right. All told, I was all over the persian gulf region on and off for about 38 months. Those people are fueled by hate - hatred for their neighbors, their women, their governments. Most importantly, i think they hate themselves. You can't, in my estimation, hack the head or the hands off of a guy from a different mosque in a different neighborhood without being completely filled with hate and self-loathing.

anyway, i'll state again, the arab/muslim world is going in a direction that may not be good for them. poking at a "sleeping giant" can never a good thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Sister, but thanks
Yes I so agree. It's way too soon to tell but it will become clearer soon. The good guys and the bad guys...not so obvious yet. What do we take at face value and what don't we? As of now, all we can do is keep a close eye out and watch for who's doing what.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Haha, apologies sister!

Yes, I do feel that things are becoming more and more exposed in recent times. I am just getting cautious anymore to buy into things on their surface, as we keep seeing things be not quite what they seem later on ( 9/11 being a prime example).

>hides under desk< lol

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Can you squeeze in anymore of your fears and biases? Again, these are their countries, it's their region. Let's reserve judgment and not muddy an already confusing situation with spam.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I do not believe the brotherhood to be the big bad rabid group of fanatics some people make it out to be, im sure for such a big organization there are extremist elements in there somewhere, but on the whole i believe they will do good for the Egyptian people. I am personally also hopeful that if they succeed they open up the border for the Palestinians.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

No worries...used to it

The problem in situations like this is that we never get all the facts. Their actions in coming days will tell us more.How the other nations react and their actions or inactions will speak volumes. This is the people's decision, and we have to respect that.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am deeply worried who will hijack what next...
and the reaction

personally I am unsure they have that much power, power to mess up the people's right to have a fair and free society.. perhaps enough to make the markets worried and cause an intervention..

I guess we will see.... But S&F for the good work

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think there trying to take credit for what happened in Tunisia and now Egypt.

They were not there when these events first started but it seems now they are everywhere.

Are we watching a new Islamic worldwide revolution......

Has this been a religious motivated issue?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Has this been a religious motivated issue?

Not so far. In fact from what I've seen they're trying to stay away from bringing religion into it. Unfortunate name, I'd say, if this is the case, but it's part of their identity. And even if their religion is important, this is contained to their nations and their region and the people there should decide. Not the leaders. No the government. The people. I think we have to give them a chance to prove themselves and their motives. Don't you?

Some do appear to be hell bent on bringing religion into this and making this a religious issue. Interesting to see who's doing it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

As one poster posted in another thread, the they are well liked in Egypt and have helped the people when the government hasn't. They didn't just pop up out of nowhere.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Can you squeeze in anymore of your fears and biases?

I didnt' post mindless fears and biases. The information comes straight from the Muslim Brotherhood itself. THEY say they want sharia law. THEY say they were created to bring this about. THEY say they don't want peace with Israel. Check their English Version Website if you don't believe me. But for goodness sake ... don't put your head in the sand when it comes to these people. They aren't a good bunch .... and when they drag Egypt backwards a thousand years it definately will effect the planet ... and not in a good way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join