It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan's powerful Muslim [Brotherhood] opposition warns that Arabs will topple US-allied Mideast le

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Nah.. a lot of the protesters in Cairo are actually secular.
I think it's less about religion and more about quality of life.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This is complete B.S.
Everything you have said here has been.
You know that right? I think you do know.

edit on 31-1-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

TheGhostViking,

I just wanted to let you know that I added you as my friend.....I truly wish more people had your perspective on things. I am so tired of the us against them rhetoric, the endless ignorance that continues to push it's way on top screaming for that invisible boogey man to be the catalyst for all of our troubles.

We need to take care of our own back yard, pure and simple. Peace and love to all regardless of race, sex and religion. STOP THE MADNESS! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! Down with the bankers, Zionists, shills, sheeple and corporatist's!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Considering its pretty much the entire population of each city protesting at these demonstrations and are calling for a democracy I highly doubt that Muslims are going to come in and impose Shariah law, because the protesters wouldnt even have to walk home before protesting Shariah too. Theyre clearly not going to trade one dictatorship for another.

Cant wait for Egypt to join us in the free world.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Reading through these posts I can't help but notice the level of tension and emotion gradually boiling over, this is exactly what I fear is happening in the Middle East. What worries me the most is the catalyst that will set it all off and the extent of the damage. It is like a pressure cooker waiting to explode. I believe 9-11 was designed to set it off, while it has made things worse it hasn't exploded into an all out war YET. By historical standards it has been pretty tame so what will the powers that be do to finally set it off? a nuclear device on US soil perhaps?
(Just so I make myself clear here, by "historical" I am refering to WW1 and WW2 as this could be leading up to a WW3.)
Disclaimer: these are solely my own insights and speculations, I am not Prophesising anything. Just food for thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hopefully Iran joins the party and overthrows its stupid, criminal regime and installs a Democracy. Hearing of Syria beginning protests now too. This is wonderful that the citizens of these countrys are now doing something about it themselves by not lifting a single gun and overthrowing these retarded rogue states peacefully. True liberty at work.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by LDragonFire

Nah.. a lot of the protesters in Cairo are actually secular.
I think it's less about religion and more about quality of life.

With respect didn't Iran start off in this way when the Shah was deposed. Do you honestly feel that a similar thing could not happen in say three years in Egypt?

The Moslem Brotherhood are probably "in it to win it".

Rgds

T

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I've scanned through this thread, and noticed many posters referring to *Sharia Law* as an *either/or* condition.

To provide some clarity and greater understanding, I feel the need to point out that *ALL* ME countries mentioned thus far in this thread have *some form* of *Sharia Law* in place right now.

It just depends on the country, but it might be helpful to think of *Sharia Law* in terms of a continuum, or "degrees of" vis-a-vis this type of system.

To help illustrate:

I do hope that this assists some in terms of knowledge

edit on 31-1-2011 by sonjah1 because: tried to correct illustration...FAIL

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Thank you. Reasonable and logical.

Maybe you can shed some light for me, too, on a term the poster from Jordan kept using. Islamists? To me, it appeared that it was being used in a pejorative manner, and is possibly used to describe extremists? Which could in an of itself imply so many things as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was listening to a BBC radio 4 interview with a female Egyptian protester:

She was saying that the atmosphere in Cairo was actually very positive, with civilians taking over from police and officials in order to keep the city ticking (directing traffic etc). She also talked about how mis-represented the muslim brotherhood are in the western media, its not some rdical-fundimentalist group, that is is actually anti-corruption and pro-peace at its core. (Which is why TPTB fear it) People were having civilised debates in the streets about what the future of Egypt should be.

We shall see how this all pans out but think about this; perhaps the middle east is starting to actually DO what a lot of people on here TALK about....

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

Ahh great post and your right we need to follow suit not just talk about it , take action !!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Critcal Mass.

It appears that this is what is happening now. Islam has reached critical mass in the MD and it is spreading.
I found this

www.qando.net... interesting blog.

As a world watcher..I had a feeling that at some point in Eygypt the Muslim Brotherhood would reach a point to have the punch to take out Mubarak...

I believe if Eygypt falls to Islam ..there will be a dominoe effect!!

My opinion..could be totally wrong ..but will see!!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well a fellow R$ listener cannot be all bad. If you look at wiki the moslem Brotherhood comes across as very peacefull but I am not so sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

That was pretty much my understanding coming into this, and I have to agree that there might be an agenda to misrepresent in the western media. .That's been pretty obvious based on the type of information being spread, the methods being used to spread it, and the people doing it, who may (and I say may) just be supporting the exact thing they believe they're fighting against. Nothing new to see here. Just a new/different bone to sink their teeth into. Pretty sad really. If we keep bringing up past indiscretions or even abominations in a rush to judgment, we'll never make any progress. Be suspicious, be skeptical, be vigilant, but give peace a chance.

edit on 1/31/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Good thread brother. S & F

I'm not sure what to think about all these developments anymore. Are these event being manipulated and set up by the global Elitists on some scale? Even this group?

Any more I really don't know what the heck is going on, and by whom. I do hope this region can break free of the globalist controllers, but something is feeling "off" in this, yet again. Like there are chess players manipulating pieces (regions) on the board for some end means.

I wish these power and control mongers would just leave humanity alone. Ugh.

Exactly. They want this to happen.

The Elites are doing several things. One they demonize the public/anarchists and make them look violent,stupid, evil,and irrational. Two they replace several of the muslim ran states with pro-nwo muslim ran states. This is just a shill to discredit public libertarianism and validate a corporate ran police state. Who knows you can later have a
East Asia Union. Then the North american union.

All going to plan. The congresswomen's assasin was a manchurian zombie or was setup by a look-a-like CIA agent in disguise.Why? Demonize the public. Legitimize restrictive gun laws. Its All rigged in thier favor.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Revolution

You're scheming day and night
You don't care what's wrong or right
We can't leave our future to your twisted minds

You're feeling mighty strong
Thinking you belong
Assuming you can hide behind those golden walls

We're sick and tired of you
We know precisely who is who
We can't take it anymore
We want a life worth living for

The fact is you're corrupt
From the bottom to the top
But we have seen you through
We know exactly what to do

Revolution - I see the writings on the wall
Evolution - I see the powers that be to fall
Revolution - I got a feeling it won't be long
Evolution - I feel it coming on so strong

These are lyrics from my upcoming release.

I believe we are witnessing events that are similar to the French revolution in 1789. People simply had enough! They have reached the breaking point. When you have absolutely nothing to lose all bets are off. Never underestimate the power of the "unwashed masses". We are many, they are few.

If you remember history: the French revolution started to "eat their own children" at one point. So I'm very curious how the West will spin the story and use the Arab "freedom movement" against itself. Oh wait, the folks in the streets are all crazy, fanatic muslims ...

Saudi Arabia will be next and then the oil supply issue will govern everything ... Revolution.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
What most people don't seem to realize is that someone is stirring up the pot in Egypt and elsewhere in the Middle East for some unknown reason (at least it's unknown for now) It didn't start with a college student in Tunisia burning himself like the main stream media would have us believe.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truthbearer

What individual stirred up the pot when the French Revolution happened? In my opinion it's a long process that simply reaches the boiling point. Anything can be a catalyst at that point ...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Egypt is very secular (I was just there this past year)..... there is no way the Muslim Brotherhood is going to take over and influence policy there. They are already stated they wish to remain out of the political sphere and for the sake the country I think that they will.

Just watch the coverage live on the ground over there and this will become apparent. Yes, the will work in the background but that is all.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So what if Muslims want to live in a Muslim country.
Jews want to live in a Jewish State of Israel, are we to tell them thats wrong ?
You can't have it both ways.
Lets be clear, the whole reason USA is in ME at all is for oil.... end of
There is no other reason for it.
The Israel issue is simply to maintain a miltary base in the region and to control the countries around it.
Even some Jews realise this and want it stopped .... because their religion is being prostituted for oil.
How about the USA take all the money they pour into military equipment and wars in oil rich regions and Israel and instead give it to scientists to figure out a way to live without oil.
Meanwhile, Arabs whether they are Muslim or not are not stupid, they know their oil is only a product worth having if sombody will buy it. They have to sell the oil to make money, so the last thing they are going to do no matter who is running the place is stop selling oil.
America is in charge of Afghanistan but opium is still being grown and sold for export, they havn't got anything else to do.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join