It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, new here. Enjoy crossword/9-11 connections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hello,

My name is Jeremy, and I'm a documentary filmmaker living in New York. (Just moved to this city one month ago.) My interests, in descending order, include movies, contact sports, and crossword puzzles. I decided to include a little anecdote from one of my blogs (the URL isn't important). I don't think it warrants a new thread, but I wanted to mention it somewhere:

Among my random scraps of paper is a crossword puzzle which I took out of a New York Times "Best of" compilation book. The clue for 35-Across is: "9/11 notable"--which, at first, I assumed meant September 11th. I later noticed the puzzle was dated "Friday, July 24th, 1998", so it couldn't be a reference to September 11th. However, in solving the puzzle, it turned out the answer was 'Giuliani.'

I don't currently have an online subscription to the New York Times crossword puzzle. But I used to. And I was curious what the original clue had been, thinking it was probably some lighthearted, not very serious jab at Giuliani which somebody nonetheless felt like changing.

So I went to the archive and found the original wording of the clue. I don't remember what it was, but it was something totally innocuous--'Big Apple mayor", or something similar to that.

Now the question is why someone (and who, for that matter?) would decide to change it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to meet you all.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Eyesofthemothman because: Well, I find the new subject line more interesting.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Doing crossword puzzles is a good hobby and will certainly help you out around here.

Get answers for questions and see how they all connect.
See by connecting some answers, how other answers do not fit.
and see how by connecting other answers you know of, the ones you don't know start to form.

Crosswords do more than simply give you a nice distracting bathroom break or whatnot...it truely sharpens the mind on many levels.

As far as the 9/11 thing. meh...going to remain on the fence about that. not saying if it is true there is nothing to it, indeed it would be quite curious..but chances are (from my perspective), you simply misread or something...could also just be lying, etc...can never tell the motivations of anonymous.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyesofthemothman

Hi Eyesofthemothman, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Hefficide,
ATS member and Moderator.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
As far as the 9/11 thing. meh...going to remain on the fence about that. not saying if it is true there is nothing to it, indeed it would be quite curious..but chances are (from my perspective), you simply misread or something...could also just be lying, etc...can never tell the motivations of anonymous.

I'm holding it in my hand right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Here are the photographs of the crossword puzzle in question:
jeremymassler.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
After your 20 posts, I would recommend creating a thread based on just this and see where it goes.

What was G noted for in 1998 (or earlier) that may be police related...hmm

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyesofthemothman

Glad to have you aboard. What you need to know is we are seekers of truth here for the most part.
a lot of our members have mastered the art. Don't be intimadated. Speak The Truth as you know it
and that will cover your azz. here's your reminder for that.

Welcome to ATS.

top topics

join