It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt latest: ElBaradei in Cairo to address protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So... if the Pres was just airlifted out (by chopper)... at the same time the jets began their low flights...?????... I think this is something we need to keep an eye on...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Not only to protect the presidential helicopter but to scare the crowd only

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Seems the helicopters and jets are gone now.

It looks like that jets have, the helicopters are still there.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by bluemirage5

Thanks, maybe I'll do that.

I just got back from McDonald's and had a nice breakfast and am now again watching "live stream' on "Al Jazzerra"

and those peple have got to be hungry as hell.

We sure got it good here in the USA.

I don't think this will last much longer as people can only go so long before the mind and body go putttt!

There were reports that the women of the neighborhood were preparing meals for both, protestors and soldiers.
And talking about McDonald's: Watching Al Jazeera I saw their sign in a few videos.

I don't know, how they solve the other problems. But somebody said, people rotated - at least during the night.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Jets burn alot of fuel low flying like that (I noticed they had drop tanks also) so they'd have to go back and re-fuel often.

x-airwing
Ruff

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

those are replays only from 1/2 hour ago

If I'm correct about Mubarak taken to secret destination, Suleiman may take a tough stand but I don't think he will want a major bloodbath.....demonstrators would hunt Suleiman down to no end.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by Soshh

Jets burn alot of fuel low flying like that (I noticed they had drop tanks also) so they'd have to go back and re-fuel often.

x-airwing
Ruff

Yep!

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Soshh

those are replays only from 1/2 hour ago

Wrong. It's funny that you're pretending to know what I was looking at, though.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance here, but was that the last prayer of the day?

I only ask as if anything is to happen, I imagine that it will be after the last prayer...

thanks.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I saw a couple of flights fly over but I also saw replays by Al Jazeera

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yeah, if they are going to attack the crowds, it will be tonight as the crowds will be very weak from lack of food and water and porta potties.

Just like the Chinese did at Titimans square (at night)- poeple at their weakest and running for their lives , tired and burnt -out.

Maybe even wait to attact just a 3 or 4 hours before sunrise-that would work also...they'll really be burnt out then.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Don't underestimate the Egyptian people; they are like Gazans...adaptable to their environment and very resilent.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The BBC has correspondents in Cairo as well, an awful lot of them in fact. I was watching the BBC News channel and the images were live. Helicopters are also present in live coverage at the moment.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The jet fly-bys are a total joke. A desperate attempt by a desperate government to intimidate the people. Instead the people are viewing it as support or with humor.

Seriously? What are they going to do, strafe the people? They think all hell's breaking loose now. If they were to ever do that, they'd learn what hell really is. Pathetic.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Much is now expected of Mohamed ElBaradei from some of the protesters. A BBC Arabic correspondent, Assad el-Sawy, is now reporting that Mr ElBaradei is on his way to Liberation Square, where he is scheduled to address the protesters.

source

This should be interesting and keep the peoples determined to persevere.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Jets over the City---------- So What ??

Does anyone honestly think that your own airforce would attach it's own people.......... Not in Egypt because if the President authorized that then he would become public enemy Number - WorldWide and other Muslim countries would intervene !!!! period!!

It's just for show and as usual the media are getting their knickers in a twist......

Who Knows, maybe its a sign of solidarity from the Airforce and perhaps the wider military........

Pres H Mubarak is finished and Egypt is entering a new part of it's history........ lets hope they remain favourable to the West !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.....it has been done before, and with success...

source

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Do you really think other Muslim / Arab states would stand by and watch that without acting ???? seriously ??

The Middle East is always and always will be simmering powder keg of potential and an act of suppression by Mubarak (an 82 yr old) would create a serious war in that region.....

The pressure behind the scenes currently will be world leaders telling him to resign....he has no choice...

Ref tieneman square - There is and was no one to stand up against China then .... i couldn't see USA, Japan, South Korea, Russia wanting to get involved...... they were more interested in Globalisation and Cheap clothing for the next decade !!!!

Egypt is different as there is of course the little subject of oil etc etc etc etc..
Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Evan Hill of Al Jazeera has made his way to Tahrir Square and reported on
audioboo.fm...

It is very interesting, to hear about the situation in the streets. He also tells of a soldier making photos with protestors in arms.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

there are some new updates

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has issued a presidential decision today appointing Gen. Gamal Embaba, an army division commander, governor of El Wadi el Jadid, state-run Nile TV reported

there are now also live streams edition.cnn.com...

Will something big happen over there today?

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.buzzchurn.com... click that link and check out real time instability in different countries.

neat..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join