It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt protests: America's secret backing for rebel leaders behind uprising

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

You act like it would be a bad thing.

Ultimately, you cannot make all those people revolt. And most of them are educated. They have to want to. So sorry, but we just pushed them to do what they wanted to do. Same for the Greens in Iran and the tea party here. Weather you pub a billion dollars into something or a single cent, people still have to want to do it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Mr. Mohammed Elbaradei is Peace Nobel price winner.
Just like Lech Walesa in Poland.

They use the same ways to implemet and promote new pupets.

Mr. Mohammed Elbaradei is home prisoned like Lech Walesa was - to make him hero.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Nice assumption.
I'm about one of the biggest critics of my Government as you'll find however people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Whether you're a critic of your government is irrelevant. You don't want people from other nations voicing the same concerns, and wrongly construe it as one eyed and hypocritical. You assume others are as deluded and brainwashed as Americans.

I'm not in a glass house. I'm not the British government, I'm not some deluded patriot who takes offense at my country being rightly slammed. That's what I need you to understand. I've commited no crimes. So there's zero hypocrisy. Ergo your entire original point was pointless and void. You assumed that I, like you, were some sort of dumb patriot who'd get offended and deny the errors of my country. I don't care. I need you to understand that. I'm not like you. Insult the British government all you want, I spend most my day doing it. I can educate you on the horrors of the Empire. You aren't telling me nothing new.

So justifying UK actions as being for their benefit and slamming the US when it come to doing the same is hypocrisy IMO.

How can you for one second as a serious human being suggest I was justifying British actions? My posts were not a defense of UK actions, they were a criticism.

"Britain is a Plutocracy and we have an overwhelming history of imperialism and meddling in foreign affairs for our own benefit."

You're projecting again. Stop projecting. Only a brainwashed patriot would lend themselfs to think that's a defense rather than an attack. Only a brainwashed patriot would misconstrue that as a justification, or an attempt at it.

I recognise the British empire is evil, I recognise the current British government are cut from the same cloth. If somebody attacked the British government I wouldn't feel the need to attack their government in return, because I haven't been indoctrinated from birth into being a brainwashed sheep who feels a profound urge to defend my country at every other moment.

There's no hypocrisy.

This thread is specifically about an alleged covert backing of the Egyptian revolution, by the American government. Naturally, people are talking about the American government, and whether her intentions are for good or bad. Naturally, there's criticisms and support. Why would people be talking about the British government or the French government? It makes no sense. Nobody is talking about France, or Britain, or Fiji. Because this thread isn't about France, Britain or Fiji training and supporting rebel leaders. If this thread was about France, Britain or Fiji then people would discuss France, Britain for Fiji.

You assumed I was some sort of pro-Establishment Brit who was being hypocritical. But there's no hypocrisy, because I hate the British government and recognise what they're about and what they do. So your original attempt at DEFLECTION is ultimately a failure. Despite several other indoctrinated Americans giving you stars.

This thread is about the American government. The American government is being discussed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

No actual comment on the comment? What about France? And the other governments who have participated in if not outright executed on their own or even invented the kinds of activities being discussed here?

Well mate, what about France. This thread isn't about France, is it. If you have evidence that the French are meddling in Egyptian affairs, created a thread on it, and people would be more than happy to voice similar concerns.

That's what you need to understand, and I can't believe you haven't grasped it. This thread is specifically about the American government meddling. Not France.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I dont get why the american government, would let a key allie in a very islamic country, that borders israel, that dosent let religious parties run and win elections to change there, to an islamic governement.

Seriously why, now if he really leaves, you guys think theres gonna be a democracy lol, the people are fed up, and the religious fanatics will take over, so more countries anti the west,

And you think Israel with let anything escalate, come on, there trigger happy and they own nukes.

This is not a good scenario for the middle east, Now e have tunisia, algeria , egypt, sudan, jordan,where will it stop.

Not good at all for the Western powers

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

The telegraph, with supporting documentation, is asserting that the US is behind the recent protests in Egypt and plotting to instill another more democratic government in its place.

This being true, clearly Mubarak has out reigned his usefulness, but how?

The front runner in the media seems to be Mr. Mohammed Elbaradei. Will he be the new puppet?

If this is true, it is outrageous and also draws into question all the other mideast protests and overthrows over the past few weeks.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

I had suspected something of the sort, after things I had heard on the radio...
Vicky

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dukeofjive
I dont get why the american government, would let a key allie in a very islamic country, that borders israel, that dosent let religious parties run and win elections to change there, to an islamic governement.

Seriously why, now if he really leaves, you guys think theres gonna be a democracy lol, the people are fed up, and the religious fanatics will take over, so more countries anti the west,

And you think Israel with let anything escalate, come on, there trigger happy and they own nukes.

This is not a good scenario for the middle east, Now e have tunisia, algeria , egypt, sudan, jordan,where will it stop.

Not good at all for the Western powers

Ok, my own national interest aside allow me to ask you a question. How can the US proclaim to be the leader of democracy (in its modern meaning) and freedom, and fight wars of liberation around the world, and not respect who the people elect and honor their choice?

As far as I have seen and heard, the Egyptians do not want a theocracy, they want the ability to vote and elect their leaders and to have a parliament. Might some of those elected be more conservative than others? Absolutely we have the same, um....issue here in the states. But overall, the governing body respects the rule of law (that was a little difficult to type
) but they do a good job of keeping religion out of law making.

I don't know why you would assume that the religious right would take over Egypt, they would have to seize power. If they seized power and blocked the Suez Canal I guarantee that there would be serious US intervention.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Actually, reflecting on what I have heard on the radio this morning, I realise this thread has it backwards. Mubarak is an American creature - they support him, hence Hilary Clinton's dilemma. The USA claims to be in support of democratic reform - yet as Mubarak supports Israel and the USA, what can they do?
Vicky

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think it's all BS. The information is false. This "leaked" information are lies to give credit to America despite that USA have supported Mubarak for 30 years.

Don't let them take credit for what they have not done.

Smart move by USA and it's allies. But unfortunately people are all not that dumb...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32
Actually, reflecting on what I have heard on the radio this morning, I realise this thread has it backwards. Mubarak is an American creature - they support him, hence Hilary Clinton's dilemma. The USA claims to be in support of democratic reform - yet as Mubarak supports Israel and the USA, what can they do?
Vicky

I've thought about that myself and was nearly convinced. However, I have seen a few stories today of many others in Egypt who support Mubarak or at the very least what to give him some time to get things sorted out. They are not happy with the uprisings and are not happy with how it is being played out in the media.

At the same time, I'm not blind and I've seen the many more protesters fighting to get him out.

Side note: I saw that Carter came out and side Mubarak is going to have to go and he should do it now while he can leave with a little dignity. At least someone has enough spine to for a clear opinion.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is all the begining of a new Islamic Caliphate as the Arab states fall one by one, Saudi will be the last to go - the students/activists have been have been prompted and prepped by George Sorros and the N.E.D (half of whom are CFR members) - to make it seem a popular uprising for democracy. But just like the former Soviet states that Sorros supposedly liberated (but are still firmly in KGB/FSB hands) - Egypt is being delivered into the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood. WWIII is gearing up before our eyes!

Al Jazeera and its American network "partners" seemed to be channeling Jimmy Carter on the Sunday morning chat shows. Christiane Amanpour on ABC spoke of a "popular uprising" and freedom. Martha Raddatz spoke of "human rights and democracy." Tom Friedman on NBC courted the "moderate Muslim center." Possibly worst of all was the BBC's Katty Kay suggesting that the Muslim Brotherhood be accommodated in any post-Mubarak government.

The hagiographic network coverage of the Egyptian revolt ignores every recent political precedent in the near East; the Iran revolt gave birth to the first Shia theocracy, and a recent election elevated terrorist Hezb'allah in Lebanon. The electoral victory of fundamentalism in Algeria in 1991 had to be undone by the Army. An election also brought terrorist Hamas to power in Palestine. And now Tunisia and Egypt are tottering towards the abyss.

Electoral alternatives to the status quo in the Arab League are not likely to be enlightened or democratic. The Irish, who know more than a little about the debits and credits of revolution, like to say that the "devil you know is better than the devil you don't." Mubarak may be a flawed ally, but other options are monstrous. Not only is Egypt a linchpin for Middle East stability, but it, like Turkey until recently, has been a bulwark against the worst excesses of Islamism. If Egypt falls to Islam's worst, the outlook for Israel and the rest of the Muslim world is bleak indeed.

www.americanthinker.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join