It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i think the US population will be majority hispanic or part hispanic within 50 years. this is not just from immigration but from the interbreeding with the other races. the difference is the hispanic influx shares a common religion with the current US population. i think this will help in the assimilation. there are other problems that our country will face because of the change but overall i think the change will be peaceful.

europe on the other hand is another story. i dont live there and have never been so i really cant say, other than that the main thing would be the religous aspect. sharia law and extremism would be scary as from what i have read, alot of the current extremists in the uk are second and third generation british born muslims.

whatever the case may be, this will be a very interesting thread to keep up with. i would love to hear the opinions of people living in any country currently undergoing a change in demographics.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
Maybe you live in the Suburbs or somewhere where there isnt a lot of Muslims about.... if so, you are lucky.
your a moron THINK BEFORE you open your mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
READ CAREFULLY
I live in Rochdale opposite is an asian shop , when i order a taxi an asian taxi firm comes , when i order a kebab an asian guy brings it so AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR POINT ???????
il repeat this until youve grown up .
YOUR NOTHING MORE THAN A PAWN WHO HAS BEEN BRAINWASHED TO ATTACK OTHER PAWNS .
If you want to talk further answer my previous points otherwise i will conclude that your a narrow minded hypocritical bigot .

Well.... you really are on the attack.... i'm not a Pawn.... i think for myself..... my eyes though cannot lie or be blind to whats outside.... you on the other hand have your head up your ass!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by TheGhostViking

We're not brainwashed to attack others. We are not xenophobes and we are not racist. We just hate fascist regimes, whether disguised as a religion or not.

Well said..... id be saying the same thing had this been about Christianity, Hinduism or Sikhism....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you want a conversation with me answer my previous points otherwise i will conclude that your a narrow minded hypocritical bigot .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That's a pretty unreasonable and irrational claim. It's very clear who is narrow-minded, someone who writes before they think. Very ironic for someone who seems to be defending religion, if you assert a belief, you have a narrow-minded view that that God is the only possibility.

Remaining open-minded is being honest about what we currently know. Science has so far concluded that an omnipotent being is not a rational theory for any work of nature, it would be narrow-minded of a scientists to regard faith higher than truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you want a conversation with me answer my previous points otherwise i will conclude that your a narrow minded hypocritical bigot .

I dont know if its worth having a conversation with a blind bat!!!

But i will say that i really don't the Brits are trying to turn Spain into the new England... I've been to Spain and i didnt see any change of what you are chatting about.... besides this thread isnt about having pubs on the street... every Country has a service provided by other Countries but not every Country or Religion are trying to impose their beliefs and way of life onto others.... there is a mass difference...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well I will be one of the first to be beheaded or something as my religion is not Abrahamic. I can't abide fundamentalists of any hue and I will not condone Sharia law outside of their community. I choose not to rub shoulders with fascists and criminals by joining EDL but I will resist any attmept to have Sharia law. I think the tolerance and fair play that we have in Britiain will show another way.

Vigilance is important.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
AGAIN LOL you DONT THINK BEFORE you talk

IM half spanish I have lived in spain in the north in the centre and the south , so Ithink im a better judge than you pawn .
WHO does the earth belong to ?
ARENT HUMANS ALLOWED to live where they please .
HAVE YOU ever lived in a war torn country or a country where the economy has crashed ?
HAVE YOU ever hat to FLEE your country ???
HAVE YOU uprooted your family to TRY and find them a BETTER life ??????

DONT BE SO SELFISH - LIFE IS NOT EASY FOR EVERYONE.
BE GLAD you had the LUCK TO BE BORN BRITISH _
BE GLAD you were not born in a country with poverty and famine .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

That's a pretty unreasonable and irrational claim. It's very clear who is narrow-minded, someone who writes before they think. Very ironic for someone who seems to be defending religion,
EXCUSE ME but WHERE EXACTLY have i DEFENDED RELIGION ?????????????????????

pls reply as id like to hear what kind of alternate dimension you are living in .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

I agree, the tolerance and civility we have in our society is what makes it great, I'm proud of that if nothing else. It's a shame that some migrate away from not-so fortunate countries to Western societies and wish to censor/condemn free speech and freedom of expression.

While i don't have a problem with Multiculturism - I do, however, think we should decrease the ammount of dependant immigrants entering our country. It does seem to be diluting our chances of stabilising our economy.

Maybe we should form relationships with countries before willingly letting their Citizens migrate here, and cause mayhem. Take a few leaves out of Australia/New Zealand's books.
edit on 28/1/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You seem to be straight on the defensive for those who share a concern in regards to Islam.

Apologies if i misunderstood your stance on the "GOD" question.

I don't care what you believe but you seem to be attacking people in this thread without reason. Calling people bigots without understanding their position.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

IM half spanish I have lived in spain in the north in the centre and the south , so Ithink im a better judge than you pawn .

Ahh, now I see why you have such a chip on your shoulder about the English. Well, if you dislike us so much why don't you get the hell out? I don't drink and I'm not fat, I don't go abroad causing havoc, only a tiny fraction of the English do and they are heavily frowned upon by our society, a tiny fraction yet you come across as if we are all this way. Also, stop semi-shouting all the time in your posts, it makes them look even more idiotic than they already are.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So.... Why is it do you think they leave their Country?

Do you think they would have moved to britain or any other Country if they were fine?

And if they move from their Country.... why do they bring the Islamic Faith and Rules with them if it is this that caused them to be supressed & Oppressed in the first place?

And please dont tell me that they like living like that...... i'm pretty sure they dont.... especially the Women!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I live in a country with the western worlds HIGHEST per capita immigration.

I have heard all the excuses, all the fears, all the bs around it...and that was 20 years ago.

All of the fears amounted to nothing, all the excuses exposed for the xenophobia that it was. We didn't turn into a wasteland, we didn't turn into a third world country, etc.

Is there an adjustment period with complications? Of course, what change doesn't have this?

Do I still live in a very peaceful and safe country that is stilled governed by the laws of it's forefathers? Absolutely...if you take away the legal changes made for equality to all, our laws haven't changed much at all.

It doesn't matter who comes from where, in a generation or two, all the kids will act the same, they will respect or disrespect the same, they become their OWN culture...and that is all it is really about. You may not like it, but it will make for a better world.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

There is a difference between supporting religion and supporting a persons right to practice whatever religion they choose. No matter how deluded I feel their choices are I will still support their right to make that choice.

I still wonder why people who are not overtly religious feel such fear at Islam. What do you think they are taking away from you?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Muslims that I know and have met have been very pleasant in general, there is nothing wrong with them any more than there is anything wrong with anyone else. There is needless fear and hate on both sides. I just don’t understand what people are worried about, they aren’t the enemy here.

If you act like something is a problem, then it will become a problem one way or another.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Again, i'm not here to protest freedom of expression. That includes any one's desire to believe what they wish. Be it Allah or invisible unicorns. But i will stand up and say why i think it is dumb.

I have a problem with most religion because at the core of every belief system is a totalitarian edict, governed by a supernatural supreme dictator. Some are more agressive than others, some are more loving and understanding than others.

Out of all the mono-theistic religions i have studied; Islam is the worst, the most aggressive and the most irrational.

While i don't have a problem with freedom of religion, i will protest any religion i think may cause harm to society. I don't believe any form of indoctrination does not cause harm, it results in narrow-minded, self-righteous bigots.

You don't see many Christians in the UK with signs saying "Freedom of speech go to hell", "Your 9/11 is coming europe" "Behead those who insult Christianity"

I believe most religions to be fascist regimes disguised as piety. I don't think piety is a virtue anyway, nor is faith.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have no problem with the average muslim,but we definitely need a change in certain laws,any one burning poppys or protesting our war heros should be deported,also if we want to fly st georges cross in our garden or on the back of our cars then we bloody well should,this is our right!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have nothing against Law Abidding Muslims whom just want to get on with thier lifes beside everyone else. Nor do I have a problem with Christians whom want to do the exact same thing.

The problem lies in where there is those who get benefits from our benefits system, out of our taxpayers, and then go on to spout thier hatred about the UK, its culture etc.

And what is more ironic, politicians will not discuss the matter, they would rather stick thier heads up thier butts as if nothing is going on. When clearly there is.

That is where the problem lies, until politicians are brave enough to confront the issue then there is always going to be fear, confrontation between communities in the UK Weither Muslim, Christian, Athiest etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I couldn't agree more. What makes our society great is our tolerance and acceptance. But our goverment are too scared about "offending" Islam. So scared that they are willing to censor sattire in the name of "respect" for someone's beliefs.

What i see quite often thought is Islam's intolerance towards the West. Time and time again. I don't think the "moderates" exactly condemn the "extremists" as much as they should, I feel they both detest the West as much.

Again this is political/social movement disguised as a religion. I hope Sharia law will not prevail for the benefit of our kingdom.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join