British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Ever notice that the vast majority of children born to immigrants are much more "socially acclimated" to the local culture?.

Um ... I don't think so.

UK News

MUSLIMS want to create their own communities and remain segregated from British society.
A shocking 44% think they should be free to develop along separate lines

Muslim drivers on public transpot in England refuse to carry blind people with guide dogs

UKs Muslim TV - Muslim wives must not refuse sex with spouse

UK Muslim Airpot Porters refuse to handle Israeli luggage

UK Muslim medics refuse to roll up their sleeves - it's 'un-islamic'

UK - Seven Muslims refuse to stand for judge in court

UK - Muslim prisoners refuse to take part in group therapy as it's against their religion

UK Muslim Students Get Picky

Some Muslim medical students are refusing to attend lectures or answer exam questions on alcohol-related or sexually transmitted diseases because they claim it offends their religious beliefs. Some trainee doctors say learning to treat the diseases conflicts with their faith, which states that Muslims should not drink alcohol and rejects sexual promiscuity.

The Sun - Superbug Threat

THOUSANDS of hospital patients are in danger of catching deadly superbugs because Muslim medical students refuse to follow new hygiene rules. The Department of Health has ordered staff across the country to be "bare past the elbow" in a bid to halt the spread of infections like MRSA and C.diff.

And of course there is the hubbub about Muslims in the UK not wanting car insurance or health insurance because it's anti-islamic. Google it up. It's a big deal to them. etc etc etc ..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Well I agree with you on the Shira Law Part, that has no place in the UK Society in my opinion. The Law is just as extreem as Strict Christian Laws back in the day. In this day and age we do not need this in our culture that is for sure. But again until the politicans stand up and act like there is nothing to worry about. It will continue, it will be reported but nothing will be done about it. Oh oks jail them but at the British Tax Payers expense. If they come from another country as are found guilty of extreemist views. Send them packing. I do not care if their lifes are threatened if they return to thier country of origin. They should have thought of that before spouting thier crap on everyone else.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Again, i'm not here to protest freedom of expression. That includes any one's desire to believe what they wish. Be it Allah or invisible unicorns. But i will stand up and say why i think it is dumb.

Over religion as a whole we agree. Organised religion is without doubt a bane on our existence.

Out of all the mono-theistic religions i have studied; Islam is the worst, the most aggressive and the most irrational.

However this is simply untrue. So untrue in fact it makes me question whwther you have actually studied religions as you claim. The paralells between the abrahamic religions are all plain to see. These similarities include their aggression and irrationality.

You don't see many Christians in the UK with signs saying "Freedom of speech go to hell", "Your 9/11 is coming europe" "Behead those who insult Christianity"

You don't see many christians in the UK.

I believe most religions to be fascist regimes disguised as piety. I don't think piety is a virtue anyway, nor is faith.

Again we agree, but this begs the question, why attack Islam if they are all the same anyway?

It is simply a western trend at the moment, fuelled mostly by American ignorance and British hooligan mentality.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
IM half spanish I have lived in spain in the north in the centre and the south , so Ithink im a better judge than you pawn .

Ahh, now I see why you have such a chip on your shoulder about the English. Well, if you dislike us so much why don't you get the hell out? I don't drink and I'm not fat, I don't go abroad causing havoc, only a tiny fraction of the English do and they are heavily frowned upon by our society, a tiny fraction yet you come across as if we are all this way. Also, stop semi-shouting all the time in your posts, it makes them look even more idiotic than they already are.

so because im half spanish half english i have a chip on my shoulder about english ?????
um how on earth did you get to that conclusion ??
No matter how hard you try you will NOT make me join you .
I live amongst asians i have no problems with them im SORRY you do !
Try and make me out to be a britain basher if you desire you will NOT succeed .
let me make this very clear .....
I love the UK but i dont like the idiots in it (asian white or black).
BUT your problem is stereotyping the races .
The kkk has white guys in it _ NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE IN THE KKK!!!!!
Some muslims are terrorists NOT EVERY MUSLIM IS A TERRORIST !!!!

Its very simple really, with this in mind this thread is pointless and as i have previously stated proves ....
you are a PAWN who has been brainwashed to attack other PAWNS -
and as you do so the world crumbles around us, buildings collapse and you are in the building moaning about brown people .
WAKE UP .

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Well I agree with you on the Shira Law Part, that has no place in the UK Society in my opinion.

The thing is .. if this article is correct and more than 1/4 of the world becomes Muslim, then one look at Muslim countries tells ya' that the open and free laws we have now will be a thing of the past because the majority population makes the laws and if more than 1/4 of the world is muslim .. THEY will be the largest law making block. Frightening ... definately.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

That is your opinion that this thread is pointless where I for one think the thread is relevant to the UKs stance on Religious conflictions within the country as a whole. Until lExtreemists from religions are rooted out. There is always going to be individuals with views you deem to be racist, islamicphobia or anti christian.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

British Muslims will double to 5.5m in 20 years in Britain

terrorist attacks will double also sadly.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42

I still wonder why people who are not overtly religious feel such fear at Islam. What do you think they are taking away from you?
As a gay person, I fear the potential loss of my liberty, my livelihood and even my life, depending on which of the many flavours of Islam might surround me.
Sure, some of Christianity proscribes an equally harsh punishment for my lifestyle, but the number of predominately Christian societies I might peacefully co-exist within far outnumbers the number of predominately Islamic societies where this is possible.
Fearing that a tipping point might occur in a free society is not unreasonable nor does it make one a bigot.
edit on 28-1-2011 by 23refugee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
terrorist attacks will double also sadly.
Proof ? or just unproved fabricated c rap ?
Id also like to hear how many terrorists attacks there have been in the uk since 7 7 .
I am more in fear of the goverment than the "terrorists ".

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Religious conflictions within the country as a whole. .
Is it a "religious conflict" to you that our world leaders who claim to be christian are in favour of using chemical weapons to commit genocide against INNOCENT WOMEN and CHILDREN ???????????????????????

just a thought !

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've just been reading through this thread and as soon as I saw the title I knew that it would turning into a slanging match about biggotry/racism, as it always does when race and religion is dicussed.

I am neither a bigot and a racist, any attempts to label me as such will merely show a person's narrow-mindedness, ok first question...

Have ANY of your ever actually read the Qu'ran?

This question goes to people on both sides of the discussion being had here.

Well, I have read the Qu'ran, from what I have read it is full of contradictions and negative, controlling statements, it labels all those who do not accept Islam as the only religion that is true and Allah to be the only god. If you do not accept and convert this ideology you are then branded as a kuffir, a non believer, you may say to yourself "oh that doesn't sounds so bad", but have you any idea the kind of attitudes they hold towards the kuffir? The punishments that the Qu'ran says it is EVERY muslims right to hand out to the kuffir?

People who say that Islam is a religion of peace are incredible blind to the reality of this religion...

and this is a religion, who's believers are said to double in number...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here's a notion.

Immigrants acclimate to the local environment better when they're NOT treated as monsters, idiots, and filth. That sort of attitude encourages them to remain separate from the greater society; why interact or merge with people who treat you with hatred and contempt?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

terrorist attacks will double also sadly. Proof ? or just unproved fabricated c rap ?
Id also like to hear how many terrorists attacks there have been in the uk since 7 7 .
I am more in fear of the goverment than the "terrorists ".

Well thats pretty obvious isnt it, More muslims=more fundamentalist muslims
and there has been very few terrorist attacks since 7/7 thanks to the GOVERNMENT that you fear so much!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I've read it. I've also read the Bible, a good chunk of the Talmud, the Book of Mormon, the Rig Veda, the Upanishads, the Tao Te Ching, and more "new age" stuff than I can remember. They're all backwards, bizarre, often outright freakish abominations of logic and morality.

And I also know Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Mormons, Sikhs, and Pagans (no Taoists, alas) who do not reflect the books in question.. Maybe it's just my fortune to live around a very diverse city. One cannot assume that people who follow a religion cleave to everything in their respective texts, much less the gross and deranged stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

We're not brainwashed to attack others. We are not xenophobes and we are not racist. We just hate fascist regimes, whether disguised as a religion or not.

And for every Afghanistan or Pakistan...there's a Tunisia or a Turkey where the populations are more than 95% Muslim and governments are held to an extremely secular principle. Turkey has actually banned the Burqa.

The bottom line is you can't come on here and say "we have to stop religion because it stops the spread of freedom"...wait what? Isn't that taking away freedom too?

Even if this number did happen (which considering the anti-Muslim bent of your Daily Mail--I doubt) much like in any other country a vast majority of the children will blend in to the local culture. I don't know what you've been looking at but here in the US...Asian African Muslim Indian children of immigrants are usually "Westernized" because of the fact that they can't be around their parents even 60% of the time.

And extrapolation studies are flawed on face anyway--I heard of plenty of studies that "extrapolated" that we would be in some massive famine with Soylent Green by now due to overpopulation. Or that we should have reached "Peak Oil" five years ago. Or that by now scientists have extrapolated that a massive asteroid impact should have happened.

And Kuwait's one of the smallest Muslim countries on the planet...it's not like saying you have more Muslims than Iran or Saudi Arabia.

Oh and interesting fact on Kuwait--also another Muslim government that allows people to worship whomever they want. The UAE is the same thing although they have some laws that are more religious based--but still allow Westerns to drink in their country and as long as you don't act like a buffoon running around then you're ok.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You think that modern "Muslim countries" have their laws determined by popular vote?

You're adorable, in a naively ignorant sort of way.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Here's a notion.

Immigrants acclimate to the local environment better when they're NOT treated as monsters, idiots, and filth. That sort of attitude encourages them to remain separate from the greater society; why interact or merge with people who treat you with hatred and contempt?

WOW a post that deserves a star thank god .

And SINCE the ira stopped their conflict , how many terroristsattacks from muslims were there BEFORE 7 7 ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ahhh, yet another weekly installment of Let's Bash the Muslims (and try to pretend we're not all prejudiced bigots).

These threads are getting old and tired now.

On, and on and on and on and on and on about the same silly nonsensical fear mongering rubbish.

Maybe we should all lock ourselves in our homes and hide under the bed covers, otherwise that evil boogeyman Muslim is gonna get ya!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If there is such thing as the illuminati and theyre reading this they will be laughing their asses off at some of you .
DIVIDE and conquer .
WAKE UP !!!!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
I've read it. I've also read the Bible, a good chunk of the Talmud, the Book of Mormon, the Rig Veda, the Upanishads, the Tao Te Ching, and more "new age" stuff than I can remember. They're all backwards, bizarre, often outright freakish abominations of logic and morality.

I've read the Qu'ran, Bible and new age texts, and I find it is the Abrahamic religions that are the backwards and bizzare one's in my opinion. They seem hell bent on control and saying that their religion is the only true one, but the Abrahamic religions are all based on the same sort of teachings.

One cannot assume that people who follow a religion cleave to everything in their respective texts, much less the gross and deranged stuff.

Well you've always got the fanatical believers in all religions, who do cleave to everything and the thing with these fanatical believers they won't only believe all that is said without question, but they will even interpret it in their own way, hence why you get certain sects in religions, it is this "interpretation" that is the dangerous part as they will bend and distort the texts to extremes which often border on insanity and pure religious fanatical zeal.

Then you have the moderates in all religions, these are the people who read the teachings and may not subscribe to all that is said and will take parts with a pinch of salt, however! this is where such religions as christianity and islam diverge... the islamist philosophy is structured in such a way that the moderates will always pander to the fanatical believer, if there are extremist induviduals within a moderate community they will not report their beliefs any further than the local mosques imam, this in my opinion is dangerous as it has the potential to radicalise more moderates to a more fanatical ideology.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join