It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Bill would Grant Access to Obama's Birth Records for a Fee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Hawaii Bill would Grant Access to Obama's Birth Records for a Fee

www.cbsnews.com

In an attempt to end the "birther" myth that President Obama was not born in the United States (and thus not qualified to serve as president), five Democrats on the Hawaii state legislature have introduced a bill that would allow anyone to obtain a copy of President Obama's birth records for a $100 fee.

"If it passes, it will calm the birthers down," said Rep. Rida Cabanilla, the bill's primary sponsor, the Associated Press reports. "All these people are still doubting it because they don't want the birth certificate from Obama. They want it from our state office."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Now isn't that interesting. In order to substantiate OUR 'elected' official who sits (and smokes) in the Oval office... it will now cost us to see his credentials? Please tell me I'm not reading that!?

In a Nation whose dollar is crashing, unemployment at its highest, gasoline raising, food soaring, medical insurance mandated we (who are eloquently dubbed: Birthers) are now expected to PAY to see proof? I'd like to try that next time I get pulled over for speeding and asked for 'proof'!

He is SUPPOSED to set examples not his exonerating powers!

Please, get this guy out of office, let him join the Bush cabal down in Paraguay and let's try to rebuild this country over again before Yellowstone and New Madrid erupt, the poles start shifting, more birds rain down, Betelgeuse explodes or Nibiru shows up

Ron Paul-Jesse Ventura 2012 (or sooner)

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It is normal for a public service to require a small charge ( .10 - .25 cents) to produce public records, but 100.00 dollars is insane.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm going to vote for him again because i think he is doing a great job cleaning up after bush. And for people to say he was not born here, well i say make them pay money for it! I don't remember when a previous president had to show his records, so why should he have to?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So what... One person buys it and then it goes viral... It doesn't matter anyhow.. The birthers are going to call it a forgery anyhow.. So does it really matter?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914
I'm going to vote for him again because i think he is doing a great job cleaning up after bush. And for people to say he was not born here, well i say make them pay money for it! I don't remember when a previous president had to show his records, so why should he have to?

What exactly did he clean up?

The economy is still tanked.

Jobs are still scarce.

Unemployment is still high.

Gitmo is still running.

We still have troops stationed and are fighting in wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, adding Pakistan and Somalia and Yemen here and there when a 'high value' target pops their head up.

The Patriot Act is about to be renewed yet again.

The FISA Act too.

And we are all running around like good little Nazis with a 'Homeland Security Department'.

There have still been no trials or credible investigations concerning 9-11.

Housing prices continue to plumet.

But hey for a 100.00 I will gladly buy a ticket to this alternative universe you must be living in.

Thankfully we are all going to just start governing ourselves based on our 'memories' of what crook or creep got away with something similiar in the past, so today's crook or creep gets a free pass.

Hard to believe the election cycle is gearing up again.

Oh well only two years more to go of people pointing to the left and the right and the past, instead of wanting real answers and solutions.

Thanks I think.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So does this mean that u would rather not have a president? If so dont u think that we would have 1 million times the problems we have now? And i think things are allot better than a depression if u ask me. but dont mind me at all im just some noob sharing what i think about the world. Great points though

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Interesting. I hope these Democrats realize that they're asking to legally strip someone's privacy rights. For that reason, it should never pass, but it's an interesting idea.

"If it passes, it will calm the birthers down,"

Yeah, right. I'll believe that when I see it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Previous presidents didn't have Kenyan fathers.

Vote for him again? That's if he even makes it to 2012 because the rate things are heating up, we may see an impreached POTUS very soon.

Bush, Cheney, Kerry, Obama....they are ALL the same and in fact, related to one another.

You think Obama is cleaning up after Bush? Well I guess if you feel whitewashing is a form of cleaning up then technically, you're correct.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So does this mean that u would rather not have a president? If so dont u think that we would have 1 million times the problems we have now? And i think things are allot better than a depression if u ask me. but dont mind me at all im just some noob sharing what i think about the world. Great points though

Might as well.

I think every state should be sovereign unto itself. We don't NEED a federal government seeing the Fed is a corporation and an illegal one at that.

Oh hell. You know what? I don't even care.
There are far more important things coming down the pike so, I really don't care. I just posted this to those who might be interested.

When Ron Paul pulled out of the race I literally wrote in Mickey Mouse for president and mailed it to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Apparently my vote counted!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
It is normal for a public service to require a small charge ( .10 - .25 cents) to produce public records, but 100.00 dollars is insane.
If $100.00 is insane, how about $100,000?

WND offered $10,000 and later $15,000:

$10,000, no $15,000 for proof of Obama's birth hospital

This businessman offered an even larger amount:

"I know that WND had offered $10,000," he said. " I was in a position to offer 10 times that amount, so I figured I would."

The problem I suspect is, Hawaii isn't offering the birth certificate, which is what people have offered huge sums to see, but instead are only talking about the certification of live birth COLB.

Nobody wants to see the COLB since factcheck already went in and verified it, they want to see the other document factcheck referred to:

www.factcheck.org...

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details.

Now if they were offering the long form, drawn up by the hospital, lots of people want to see that one, partly because nobody knows what hospital he was born at, or if he was even born in a hospital.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Vote for him again? That's if he even makes it to 2012 because the rate things are heating up, we may see an impreached POTUS very soon.

Bush, Cheney, Kerry, Obama....they are ALL the same and in fact, related to one another.

You think Obama is cleaning up after Bush? Well I guess if you feel whitewashing is a form of cleaning up then technically, you're correct.
Well i hate to break the news to you but he will make it or he wouldn't been allowed this far dont you think? And if im not mistaken it doesn't matter who your father is if you are born in america right? And no one has answered the question are we still in a depression. I mean do you guys expect for the economy to boom just after an depression? maybe im in the twilight zone, but something is happening and it gonna take allot of changes to the laws for us to deal with the nwo. Like i said im just a noob learning from all u guys so please keep giving the knowledge

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So let me get this straight, they have not been able to find his long form birth-cert for over 2 years now and all of a sudden blanggg! we can have a copy for $100.00

the insanity never ends

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Chester A. Aurthur's father was from Ireland. What's the difference between African heritage and Irish heritage?

As for the "Birther Tax"

The new legislation to release records may run into similar legal problems because of Hawaii's strong constitutional privacy protections, said Rep. John Mizuno, a co-sponsor of the bill.
The Health Department is still reviewing the bill, Okubo said.

Source

I can't believe they're even considering this!

Originally posted by allprowolfy
So let me get this straight, they have not been able to find his long form birth-cert for over 2 years now...

Who is "they". The Dept of Hawaii Health Dept has his Birth Certificate.

edit on 1/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DOUGH3914

If it's no big deal then, set an example. Show the American people how foolish they are for doubting something that's obviously a mistake.

The only thing that's been 'transparent' with this man is his uncanny and innate ability to not answer or resolve a problem that beseech HIS very people for whom.... he's supposed to represent.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DOUGH3914

what makes you think this ISNT a depression?

just because we have the advents of cheetos and NFL to take our minds off of the tent cities, doesnt mean this is any less of a depression than that of 70 years ago.

70 years ago people were able to take care of themselves and survive. now we have a nation of whiney little babies that demand handouts and more things to consume.

this one is far worse, the consumers just dont know it yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

So let me get this straight, they have not been able to find his long form birth-cert for over 2 years now...

Who is "they". The Dept of Hawaii Health Dept has his Birth Certificate.

Does it matter who the 'they' are?
Let's say it's the head of the "birth-certificate-producing committee". Geeze!

Funny how this works: the public can know (almost in graphic detail) about Clinton receiving oral sex from Monica but the same public can't be shown a birth certificate?

Wow! Now that's surely an indication of a country, upside down!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

So what... One person buys it and then it goes viral... It doesn't matter anyhow.. The birthers are going to call it a forgery anyhow.. So does it really matter?

Not if there's a seal on it and someone standing next to it, in person, can verify it.

And what do you mean, goes viral?
Sorry, but the 'Town Crier' has long since retired. This is the only way of getting news out and if you want to put a new-age term on it (making it sound less important) then, I can see how unimportant the 'law' truly means to you!

Have to be 18 to vote (with proof)?
Then you HAVE to show proof while being a president.
Obama is the only president whose given us a reason to ask for proof. Although what's his name....McCain was it...with rumors of being born in Panama? would've gotten the SAME EXACT treatment if he ever made it to the Oval Office. So it's not a black issue. It's a foreign issue.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Does it matter who the 'they' are?

Yes, it does matter. If "they" are the birthers, the Tea Party, Orly Taitz, George Bush or ANYONE except for Obama and the Hawaii Health Dept, then this is not a problem.

Also, alprowolfy claims that someone doesn't have it. I'd like to know on what does he/she base that statement

Let's say it's the head of the "birth-certificate-producing committee".

OK. How do you know that the birth-certificate-producing committee doesn't have it or can't find it? alprowolfy made a claim and I'm asking for something to back it up. Is that OK with you?

Obama is the only president whose given us a reason to ask for proof.

And what reason was that?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
All it takes is one sucker wasting their $100 and we get to see copies of it all over the internet.
Photo shop it with the signature of Gabby Giffords asian doctor and they can't prosecute.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join