It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Bill would Grant Access to Obama's Birth Records for a Fee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why pay $100 for something that you can pull off the internet? It'll be the same copy that was produced by the left to 'prove' Obama was born in Hawaii, with his fathers race being listed as "African."

Another thing about this entire fiasco is the birthers didn't initiate it. Obama initiated it when he started spending millions of dollars to seal his records.

It's not a question about privacy. He's in a public position to make choices about how your tax dollar will be spent. In fact, he's in a public position more powerful than any other public official. There must be undeniable proof that he was born in the United States. There is none.

The question is simple. What is Obama hiding?
edit on 28/1/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Obama initiated it when he started spending millions of dollars to seal his records.

Birther lie #712.

It's not a question about privacy.

Oh, really? When people are elected to office they lose their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights? Interesting position... but one I'm afraid I cannot agree with.

The question is simple. What is Obama hiding?

The answer is simple as well. You just choose not to believe it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH! Did I even mention that public officials lose the Constitutionally guarantedd rights when they become elected? No. I merely pointed out that there must be some sort of verification of anyone who says they who they say they are....if that made any sense to you.

Where is any proof that Obama didn't pay to seal his records? Can you tell me what's he hiding that he doesn't want the public to know about him that's so private? How about quit trying to put a twist on what I said and bring out some evidence to back up what you're saying. My evidence? Obama.

While I do believe in the right to privacy, I also feel that it's the right of every American citizen to know who is representing them. When a person seeks public service, they can't have their cake and eat it too.

Obama's refusal, while it is his right to do so, to release his birth cretificate is just an example of abuse of power.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Did I even mention that public officials lose the Constitutionally guarantedd rights when they become elected?

Here's what you said:

It's not a question about privacy. ... There must be undeniable proof that he was born in the United States. There is none.

Truth is, you don't know if there's undeniable proof or not. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You said it's not a question of privacy. What does that mean? A person doesn't lose their privacy rights when they are elected to office. It IS a matter of privacy.

Where is any proof that Obama didn't pay to seal his records or pay to have them sealed?

YOU made the claim that he paid to seal his records. YOU provide the proof.

Can you tell me what's he hiding tht he doesn't want the public to know about him that's so private?

I don't have any reason to believe that he's HIDING anything. Just because I don't tell you my full name, birthdate and social security number doesn't mean that I'm HIDING something.
That's called privacy.

My evidence? Obama.

OK, My evidence? Obama.

How's that for proof? Pretty ridiculous, huh?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obama initiated it when he started spending millions of dollars to seal his records.

Birther lie #712.

Really? Could you please provide #1 - 711?

Oh, really? When people are elected to office they lose their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights? Interesting position... but one I'm afraid I cannot agree with.

When you move from a position of employer to employee, your position changes. As an employer, I demand certification of my employees. I see no reason not to expect the same of my employees in DC.

The answer is simple as well. You just choose not to believe it.

The answer is simple yet you failed to provide it. Convenient.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

BH. Let's back up a minute. You said that it's a birther lie #712 that Obama paid million to seal his records.

I don't care about knowing who you are since you don't negotiate my tax dollars to programs I may disagree with. I'll admit that something fishy is going on with Obama and I'm on the bandwagon of wanting to know what it is.

If Obama hasn't got a fake Hawaiian birth certificate, how did his half-sister end up with an Indonesian and Hawaiian birth certificate?

Then again, since I don't know who you are, you may quite well be sitting in the Oval Office typing up arguments in your defense.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

They're scattered all over this site.

As an employer, I demand certification of my employees. I see no reason not to expect the same of my employees in DC.

Good luck with that.

The answer is simple yet you failed to provide it. Convenient.

I did provide it. I have no reason to think he's hiding anything. That's my answer.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Obama's refusal, while it is his right to do so, to release his birth cretificate is just an example of abuse of power.

..........is what's keeping this whole entire thing going!!!!

He has an opportunity to set the record straight. Why not? He should show all the youngin's how dangerous it is to be a conspiracy theorists because clearly they don't know what they're talking about (at which point he whips out his birth certificate)

Did you know his birth father lied to his birth mother about being divorced back in Kenya when he wasn't?
Usually the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree so.....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

BH. Let's back up a minute. You said that it's a birther lie #712 that Obama paid million to seal his records.

Yes, I have never seen evidence that Obama paid millions to seal his records. This rumor has been repeated ad nauseum with no proof. It's just a rumor with nothing to back it up.

I'll admit that something fishy is going on with Obama and I'm on the bandwagon of wanting to know what it is.

That's fine. You can be suspicious. You can want to know more. You may not get what you want, however, and it isn't owed to you.

If Obama hasn't got a fake Hawaiian birth certificate, how did his half-sister end up with an Indonesian and Hawaiian birth certificate?

IF (big IF) his sister has 2 BCs, that doesn't make Obama's fake. I have never seen her BCs. Got links?

edit on 1/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What? About 10% of Americans are birthers? (Or is that 10% of Congress?) This probably won't do a thing to satisfy those with the concerns. But it's a good way for Hawaii to make some extra cash. Lots of people will probably want a copy as a memento.
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You have no right to see anyone's paper's, comrade.

But -- since you are so hot to do so, and since the economy is in the stuffing, here's a proposal to sell the viewing rights to anyone willing to lay down a cool Ben Kite to drive some revenue from a bunch of out-of-state loudmouths on the interwebs.

I mean, what could be more American then that, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think im with you on that one. You guys are really looking at this way too hard and as far as the apple from the tree thing, ha ha ha that is funny. Im wondering if the apple can become a tree itself but bigger and better. I too dont feel obama is hiding anything but then again if you want a fire someone has to create the spark.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914

I think im with you on that one. You guys are really looking at this way too hard and as far as the apple from the tree thing, ha ha ha that is funny. Im wondering if the apple can become a tree itself but bigger and better. I too dont feel obama is hiding anything but then again if you want a fire someone has to create the spark.

Wow I feel like I am at the Grammies, we went from "Memories" to "Feelings" oh-oh-wo-oh feelings, trying to forget my feelings of probity and propriety and honesty and integrity to pretent that politicians never have anything to hide.

Feelings oh-wo-oh-wo-oh feelings, that they should be able to duck for cover by saying something snide

Feelings oh-wo-oh-wo-oh feelings, who needs facts to get in the way

Feelings oh-wo-oh-wo-oh feelings, it's just right to believe anything anyone in government has to say.

Here is the deal, what you feel is not admissible in a court of law, it is here say and innuendo and is not based on anything factual.

There really is a requirement that the President of the United States be born in the United States. Doesn't matter what you feel about that, but I will say that personally I 'feel' people who would rather dance around that issue, rather than just demand a simple document be produced are AFRAID, that the document can't be produced which is why we have to listen to silly excuses from silly people about why people with real standards and expectations should not be considered, because it hurts your feelings...oh-wo-oh-oh feelings, trying to forget their feelings of fear.

Meanwhile you might want to check your most recent payroll check and explain your feelings on why your Federal Withholding Taxes increased, your Social Security Taxes went way down, and why some people with self employment income can't even file yet, because the IRS is still waiting on the Federal Government to define last years tax code.

Good news, bad news, the good news is decorum prevents me from saying what my feelings are, the bad news though however is decorum prevents me from saying what my feelings are.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yes, I have never seen evidence that Obama paid millions to seal his records. This rumor has been repeated ad nauseum with no proof. It's just a rumor with nothing to back it up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-1-2011 by KnoxMSP because: formatting

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"If it passes, it will calm the birthers down,"

Yeah, right. I'll believe that when I see it.

Seconded. Nothing's going to calm these guys down until we get another white republican in the white house. And then they'll go back to their usual statist [SNIP].

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 23/2/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

They're scattered all over this site.

I'll take that as a denial of your ability to specify as you were so quick to do in your initial post. No surprise there.

Good luck with that.

So you're saying to just disregard the rules and allow my employees to run the show? Is that how you would operate your business?

I did provide it. I have no reason to think he's hiding anything. That's my answer.

You provided nothing yet claim to have done so. I guess things work differently in BH world.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I know that because I'm responding to your post, you'll probably accuse me or have others accuse me again of "being on your ass" ....but I just couldn't pass this statement up:

Interesting. I hope these Democrats realize that they're asking to legally strip someone's privacy rights. For that reason, it should never pass...

I find it ironic that in this instance you're concerned about Obama's privacy rights and see no reason for him to have to publicly demonstrate his eligibility for the highest political office of the land, but where the average Joe is concerned at the airports, you apparently see it as less of a problem for their 4th amendment rights to be abridged.

What solution were you providing for that issue???

Don't fly.

Perhaps Obama, if he's unprepared to adequately demonstrate his eligibility, should do everyone a favor and not run for office.

But I have to hand it to you, BH, your unwavering support for the guy is breathtaking.

He should pay you by the syllable.

edit on 28-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I find it ironic that in this instance your concerned about Obama's privacy rights and see no reason for him to have to publicly demonstrate his eligibility for the highest political office of the land,
I was thinking about the ten states drafting legislation to make 2012 candidates prove their eligibility.

One possibility that might be the outcome of that, could be that the public still never gets to see those private records, they might only be seen by the state officials who require them as proof to put the candidate on the state ballot, and they would otherwise be kept from the public.

That might actually be a good compromise between the president's privacy rights, and the rights of the people to make sure that only qualified candidates get placed on the ballot. The system now is a fox guarding the henhouse scenario which is obviously broken or we wouldn't have so many states trying to fix it.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This one was started by five Democrats.
The folks on the Left don't want this birther thing to end.
Looks like they are getting to hang him out to dry.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I'll take that as a denial of your ability to specify as you were so quick to do in your initial post.

That's right. I made a little joke. Birther lie # something. That was a JOKE. There are many birther lies going around, and I spoke as though they were numbered and there were over 700 of them. I thought it was funny.
Apparently, you thought I was being serious. I was not. Hope that clears that up.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic]Good luck with that.

So you're saying to just disregard the rules and allow my employees to run the show?

How can you take "Good luck with that" and twist it into a TOTALLY different sentence and then ask me to explain it?? I didn't tell you to disregard any rules or any of that. I said: Good luck with that. If you don't understand what I mean, ask, don't make something up.

You provided nothing yet claim to have done so.

I was asked:

Can you tell me what's he hiding that he doesn't want the public to know about him that's so private?

And I provided this answer:

I don't have any reason to believe that he's HIDING anything.

That's what I said I provided.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join