It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quantum based theory as to why predictions don't come true...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Mods, I didn't know where to post this for sure, but since it's basically about predictions, I decided to put it here. If you feel it needs to be moved somewhere more appropriate, please do!

Recently, I watched a series of youtube videos that another poster featured in a thread here:

I believe I have supporting evidence that we aren't real

In the videos, the physicists did their best to simplify something that even they can't wrap their heads around - the reality of multiple dimensions. Subatomic particles, when shot singly through a beam of light at two slits would split and not only go through both slits, but also create a "wave" and make a third line pattern in between the other two on the sensor. If you're like me, you probably find this fascinating, but also consider (like me) that the possibilities of what this means is beyond comprehension.

But, that's not really what this is about. What caught my attention was the segment in which they expressed frustration over trying to "observe" these particles splitting, by placing detectors at the spot in which they split. Every single time, the particles would not perform and would behave like a single bullet. The third wave line would also disappear. Yet, upon removal of the detectors, the sensors would clearly pick up that the particles were in fact, splitting again, and the third wave line would reappear. The particles were aware they were being observed, and reality changed! Something dawned on me when I watched this. If you want to watch the short segment regarding what I just described, I've placed it below.....

Now, what does this have to do with predictions? Well....everything. If our reality is made up entirely of these particles, and they are splitting into infinite realities and possibilities, what happens when we try to observe them split at a moment in time....say, in the instance of a prediction of any given time frame? I theorize that the same effect would occur, and the prediction would not happen BECAUSE it is being observed. I forgot to mention that the physicists realized that the splitting particles were not replicating in our dimension, but rather allowing the physicists to observe them existing in all possible dimensional outcomes at once. They had a "window" into other dimensions by way of these particles, but only when the particles were unaware they were being observed!

So, therein lies the rub....a prediction can only come true if it is not publicized, but once it is publicized, then attention gets focused on it causing reality to become aware that it's being observed. Or perhaps, reality closes off and only allows us to view one version of the split, but not the one we expected? It begs lots of questions, for sure, but I believe this is why predictions will never work if enough minds are focused on a future event. I believe that the web bot folks have already mentioned this concept many times - merely being "aware" of possible future events could, and most likely would change the outcome.

I also theorize that the web bot folks and possibly others might use their predictions in just this way, KNOWING that those events may not happen if enough eyes are looking at them. In effect, I see them as not an oracles at all, but a sort of high-tech, quantum preventive cure to avoid certain future events. Of course, some predictions (very few) do come true....I can only guess why it works only a part of the time, versus none of the time. Maybe there's a "tipping point", (not in the way Web Bot uses this term), where there must be a certain number of "aware" individuals who know about a prediction before reality makes a shift. This would explain how an unknown person can advertise that they have almost 100% success in making accurate predictions, but upon reaping the rewards in fame, more eyes look toward their predictions and the tipping point is reached. Then reality prevents that event simply because it is aware it is being observed. Of course, that's only a guess. I'm open to other theories.

I do believe that all predictions are true. In some dimension of reality they DO come true. I suppose the best way for a person to prove that they are a prophet, would be to write the predictions down, seal and mail the predictions to themselves, only to be opened in public AFTER the event has passed. Note that many famous prophets are famous only after the fact, never before.
edit on 27-1-2011 by Gseven because: added content

edit on 27-1-2011 by Gseven because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe you would love this book.

The Trickster and the Paranormal

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Thanks for the book reference! It looks interesting. Does it talk about this sort of thing? I am very intrigued with paranormal things, so you're right...I probably would enjoy it, regardless.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Wow! Good thread. Ive always thought that if you think about things to much you'll Jinx it but that takes on a new term by these standards. So basically you just have to keep your confidence, never doubt yourself and never try to see your future. Sounds like Fate

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Oh yes, and more. Just not in QM terms. But underneath the terminology the essence of the Trickster is there. You'll connect many dots as you read.

edit on 27-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

link   
ever heard of a quantum computer, i read quite a bit about this subject in a book by marcus chown and he started talking about quantum computers which was very interesting. they do actually exist but in a very primitave form compared to what is possible. anyway here is a link to a page on wikipedia, sorry i couldnt find anything better at the moment but its late here in the uk and im a bit tired.
en.wikipedia.org...

link   
Yea might explain why here are so many dead threads that never happen here on ATS

Maybe thas why there is no disclosure .... lol We hardly understand the quntum level . let alone try to pshyco anaylize it .

Also that stuff happens on a Micro Level . We don' really see that happen on the Macro Level. Maybe that weird stuff is just part of that world ..but up here its not effected? Who knows down the rabbit hole we go...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If your theory is correct.... if this post gets enough exposure and reaches the "tipping point", then the 3rd line in the experiment will not appear anymore

Very interesting though!
edit on 27-1-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Excellent post, and a great theory which sounds quite plausible to me.

So... if you look at the end-time theories for example, then hopefully this would mean that they wouldn't come to pass. The same would apply to WWIII, or alternatively perhaps these things would still happen but not in the ways we had imagined.

It kinda flies in the face of the mass concentration experiments, and "The Secret" brigade - perhaps they should be thinking the exact opposite thoughts instead?

Lets try an experiment: everyone on ATS, please concentrate on me NOT arriving back at my NY penthouse with Nicole Scherzinger in my Lamborghini after a hot date

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If you want to see a very cool video about the concept explained in the first few paragraphs of the OP, please see this video:

Now, what does this have to do with predictions? Well....everything. If our reality is made up entirely of these particles, and they are splitting into infinite realities and possibilities, what happens when we try to observe them split at a moment in time....say, in the instance of a prediction of any given time frame? I theorize that the sameeffect would occur, and the prediction would not happen BECAUSE it is being observed.

I think you have a little problem with that logic. When we observe the actual path of the particle, it only takes one path, and no longer "splits" into all the possibilities at once. We have "forced" the particle onto a certain path by observing it. If we pay careful attention to a prediction or possible upcoming event, we are creating an influence on the possible outcome of that prediction, but it all depends on how we perceive the future event in question as to which particular path we force it onto. Can anyone see how this really ties into the power of thought?

I forgot to mention that the physicist realized that the splitting particles were not replicating in our dimension, but rather splitting, allowing the physicists to observe them existing in all possible dimensions at once. They had a "window" into another dimension by way of these particles!
They weren't getting a window into another dimension, although it may seem like they did. The particle was a "cloud" of possibilities on such a primal level with no direct conscious observation that it matters not whether it takes one path or all paths at once. But all of those possibilities are occurring within our dimension for us to see.

So, therein lies the rub....a prediction can only come true if it is not publicized, but once it is publicized, then attention gets focused on it, causing reality to become aware that it's being observed.

No, as I said, once it becomes publicized, the outcome will become influenced by a greater number of observers, and thus the outcome will be different if the prediction hadn't been publicized. In fact, publicizing a fake prediction can make the prediction come true. A lot of people are worried that we are going to manifest the 2012 disasters simply because so many people believe that's what's going to happen. I'm worried about that possibility a little myself to be honest.

edit on 27-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: fixed video and spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
About the quantum computers...they were discussed in that video series as well, although I can't wrap my brain around that one just yet. I don't even understand regular computers.

Like the physicists said, the ramifications of this will affect everything we think we know about reality. But I will readily admit that there are tons of unanswered questions in my theory that I can't possible even begin to answer. Questions like...why does this fly in the face of all the "focus on what you want/law of attraction" ideas running around out there? Or maybe it only works on a larger level, and not on an individual level?

I hate to mish-mash different ideas, but I do like to marry science and religion every now and then. Even the Bible states that divination is an abomination. Yet a prophet is OK? There's something I'm missing here, and I have an idea that may push my theory further down the rabbit hole.

In these video series, the physicists talked about how there are 6 types of sub-atomic particles, called quarks and anti-quarks, and combinations of these particles are what makes up everything in our physical world, to include the photons used in the slit experiment. If a photon is a electromagnetic unit of energy, then what would happen if a different configuration of a unit of energy were used in the same experiment? In other words, I wonder if the configuration of quarks and anti-quarks react to observation differently? Everyone following me? (It's ok if you don't, because I'm barely following myself!
)

Consider the following:

Schrödinger's Cat: A cat, along with a flask containing a poison and a radioactive source, is placed in a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence. If an internal Geiger counter detects radiation, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the cat either alive or dead, not both alive and dead.

According to objective collapse theories, superpositions are destroyed spontaneously (irrespective of external observation) when some objective physical threshold (of time, mass, temperature, irreversibility, etc.) is reached. Thus, the cat would be expected to have settled into a definite state long before the box is opened. This could loosely be phrased as "the cat observes itself", or "the environment observes the cat".

Schrodinger's cat - Wikipedia

Does this mean reality (made up of all these particles) has the ability to observes itself before it is consciously aware (via our own consciousness) that it has? Does anyone else have a headache?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenChild

I found that very easy to imagine

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nice post Op, S + F!
Very interesting theory! It makes sense in a lot of ways, but as you stated, theres still a lot of unanswered questions.

edit on 27/1/2011 by Hazz-14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Good stuff! I was hoping others would come in and pose other views. But those ideas raise just as many questions as my own ideas. I can buy the idea that the physicists themselves, even if unconsciously, forced the particles into one reality when they tried to observe them with detectors. In fact, that makes more sense and explains the power of thought. But, I can't get past the problem of having so many people expecting and thinking of a particular outcome, only to have it not happen. Where's the missing link here? I don't think it's cut and dry, and I do think there are other factors at play.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

But, I can't get past the problem of having so many people expecting and thinking of a particular outcome, only to have it not happen.

It all comes down to whether the initial prediction was based on any truth. If I see a person throw a ball at someone and then close my eyes and make a prediction that it's going to hit them in the head, there's obviously more chance that a ball is going to hit them in the head compared so a scenario where I simply close my eyes and make the same prediction. It's like trying to make something move with my mind. One has to believe REALLY hard in themselves, and even then it probably wont work. You need a really huge mass of people that all believe in the same thing to make it happen, especially if they all believe something based on little fact or truth. If the prediction was something based more in reality, and lots of people believe it will turn out a certain way, the chances of that happening are a lot higher - simply because the prediction doesn't need to manifest an outcome that doesn't already have a basis in reality.

edit on 27-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
I do believe that all predictions are true. In some dimension of reality they DO come true.

According to the Many Worlds postulate of quantum mechanics, your statement is correct. However, the disconnect (for me, anyway,) is who you really are and why you are sliding down the reality that you are. Obviously not by choice, or we'd all have perfect lives.

If you really want to be creeped out by something along these lines, consider Quantum Suicide and Quantum Immortality (scroll up to read the original article) -- if you can't experience (or observe) yourself dying, how can you die? Would you just slip off, at the last moment, to a universe where you don't die?

That might sound fine, until you consider what it would mean -- you've cancer, let's say, horribly in pain, but it doesn't kill you, it just lasts forever, as you skip from reality to reality, never "quite" dying, always "almost" dying.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

I see where you're going with this, and I can see why you've come to this conclusion.

However, I know of many predictions that have come true, mine included. Some happen instantly after I see it, some happen 20 minutes from when I see it, some never happen!

The reason the double slit experiment is so mind boggling is that EVERY time the particle is being observed, it changes its action from going through both, to going through one. You cant say EVERY prediction doesnt come true, therefor your theory isn't correct.

On this note however, I will say that if you have watched the video you mentioned about Holographic Reality, please read my post I'm about to do. I'll post a link of it in this message, as it pertains to predictions/NDE/OOBE's ect.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^The link.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Ryanssuperman because: Added a link

top topics

join