It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla walks on hind legs.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A male gorilla may be preparing for the next stage of the evolutionary process after mastering the ability to walk upright.

Twenty-one-year-old Amban has become a crowd favourite at England's Port Lympne Wild Animal Park after being filmed tottering around his enclosure on his hind legs.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

It doesn't say if he was taught to walk or if it just came naturally..
Still amazing to see....
I've added a youtube link for ease...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
couple more years lol and they wont be the ones in the zoo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Could explain some alleged "bigfoot" sightings. A giant gorilla walking around on hind-legs. So in some perspective, all sides are correct. Nice find.

On another note... It is laughable to me how 'darwinists' and strict 'evolutionists' maintain that we descended from apes or monkeys...

They are still clearly here, many many many varieties of them... still much, and far less evolved than we... living in very similar if not the exact same conditions yet...did not magically turn into humans nor slowly evolve into anything other than 'better-apes'

I maintain, that evolution yes exists, but within species. That is the only case fossils prove as well.

If humans "came from apes" then the most likely and ONLY real explanation I can swallow is that a 'more advanced' species combined our DNA (our being, past "apes") with their own creating a hybrid.

Good day!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
couple more years lol and they wont be the ones in the zoo

lol, he really looks like he has the hang of it..
Cute too..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Could explain some alleged "bigfoot" sightings. A giant gorilla walking around on hind-legs. So in some perspective, all sides are correct. Nice find.

But his gait is a bit short for what I've read of big foot prints..
Maybe a bear with the same skills though.???

The rest of your post..True, they know so little...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
"Walks on hind legs then appears to converse with himself..." that is one smart gorilla!!!!

Evolution? No for obvious reasons. Was either taught , or we have ourselves a smarter than average gorilla.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
cool video

Regardless as to whether he was taught by humans or just taught himself by mimicking the humans that he interacts with, I would think that the other gorillas there would soon begin to follow and mimic this one. Maybe out of curiosity or out of jealousy. Either way, I think the others will start doing this also.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And I can walk on all four... De-evolution? (I kid I kid!)

Thanks for the video, very interesting indeed. As for the mistaken bigfoot sightings, it could be. However aren't the feet molds usually taken much larger? And haven't they analyzed them and deemed that the created who made the imprints had to weigh a certain amount? (Don't remember how much exactly.)

Who knows, maybe there's a gorilla out there walking on two feet carrying a bunch of groceries for the missus.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
cool video

Regardless as to whether he was taught by humans or just taught himself by mimicking the humans that he interacts with, I would think that the other gorillas there would soon begin to follow and mimic this one. Maybe out of curiosity or out of jealousy. Either way, I think the others will start doing this also.

I guess that's called evolution..

I'll search a bit and see if he was trained, but it is a Zoo and that would be unusual..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
we really are damn dirty apes evolution at its best

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Perhaps, people may have been "created" from old primates --- some more docile like gorillas and some more violent like chimps. And "evolution" played a role in the development of mankind, along with some "intervention" to speed up humanity's "evolution" as it is now.

However, on a lighter note, the gentle gorillas never cease to amaze me. Imagine one gorilla actually walking upright --- what a rare sight indeed!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That´s how in our reality started the "planet of the apes situation"

It was too funny to see that gorilla walking kind of "I'm the king 'cuz I can do this".

Amazing video!.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by YivGaundumbaff
That´s how in our reality started the "planet of the apes situation"

It was too funny to see that gorilla walking kind of "I'm the king 'cuz I can do this".

Amazing video!.

Yes, he's got that "tough" walk down pat..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

How do you explain the different species of ape that still exist then? Why isn't there just one species of ape, since they all only evolved into "better apes"?

link   
wow seems to look alot diffrent when walking upright

could be a national security risk

link   
This is incredible! I got excited when I saw it lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by MavRck

How do you explain the different species of ape that still exist then? Why isn't there just one species of ape, since they all only evolved into "better apes"?

The same way I explain molato babies. Just because we have inter racial reproduction does not mean we are evolving. Yes I understand SLIGHT and I mean SLIGHT evolution can happen. A being going from water based to land is something that supposedly takes millions of years..........

The gorilla would have learned to walk upright years ago if this was caused by evolution. And humans by now would have wings and could fly.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
"Walks on hind legs then appears to converse with himself..." that is one smart gorilla!!!!

Evolution? No for obvious reasons. Was either taught , or we have ourselves a smarter than average gorilla.

I agree. Why cant we just have a smart gorilla. its was probably raised in the zoo and after seeing the zoo keepers and all the people coming to see it just decided to try it and kept it up till he got it. like a baby learning to walk from a crawl.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This gorilla must be behind the times!

Researchers have observed and photographed wild gorillas using sticks and stumps to navigate a swampy forest clearing in the Republic of the Congo. The images provide the first documented use of tools among wild gorillas.
In one instance, a female gorilla named Leah tried to wade across a pool of water but found herself waist deep after just a few steps. She retreated, grabbed a branch sticking out of the water, and used it to gauge the water's depth before wading deeper.
According to the researchers, Leah repeatedly tested the depth as she walked about 33 feet (10 meters) out into the pool, before returning to shore and her wailing infant.
In another instance, a female named Efi detached a stump from a bush and used it for support as she dug for herbs. She then made a bridge with the stump to help her cross a muddy patch of ground.

gorilla tool use
As of 2005 gorillas have been observed doing many, many things with tools.

Oh look, it's standing too.
edit on 1/26/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pthd840

I agree. Why cant we just have a smart gorilla. its was probably raised in the zoo and after seeing the zoo keepers and all the people coming to see it just decided to try it and kept it up till he got it. like a baby learning to walk from a crawl.

yes, maybe just one extra smart gorrila but sometimes that's all evolution takes..
Like someone mentioned, the others may watch and then mimic...

edit on 26-1-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join