It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gorilla walks on hind legs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

Very clever...
I like the pic..The look on their face..
Like, "God that water's cold on my &^%"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If they do then it will just back up what i said. sumed up monkey see monkey do. lol. but seriously if the others mimic and start walking in this manner i guess you could say its evolution. it could be considered logical thought and a step toward mankind. but according to evolution for all gorillas to start doing this there would have to be a big reason. like a giraffe has a long neck to reach the high trees. a cheetah is built small and has light bones in order to run down prey. the gorillas would need a reason to go from walking on all 4s to walking upright

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Mulatto? Nice, real nice.

Where in my post did I mention interracial coupling? Why would you even bring up the subject, considering it has no bearing on the reality of evolution as we are all a part of the same species? This video doesn't present abnormal behavior on the apes part, as they have been known to walk about on their hindquarters from time to time in the wild.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pthd840

the gorillas would need a reason to go from walking on all 4s to walking upright

Like loss of habitation and the need to travel further and faster in search of food and to evade man?

I get the difference though between true evolution and a simple learned trait...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I had to add the pic before someone came in with the whole "pics or it didn't happen" crap. As far as I'm concerned, they are at least as capable as us. They are only held back because a lack of language. Even human children are basicly "animal like" until they can start to combine multiple concepts in coherant manner, which is only possible with language allowing the mind to think in such a manner. There was a thread here on ATS about it somewhere. And we KNOW they can use language as jane goodall(or whatever) taught sign language to a gorilla before. They have the capabillity to learn everything we know...if only we taught them.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That is true because we already see gorillas rise to 2 legs when charging or to look bigger to an enemy, but when running they have a kind of foward lean and when just taking a few steps like has been observed in the wild the tend to woddle or rock there legs. but this gorilla has got that down pat
edit on 01/09/2011 by pthd840 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by Torgo
reply to post by MavRck

The gorilla would have learned to walk upright years ago if this was caused by evolution. And humans by now would have wings and could fly.

You obviously lack a fundamental understanding in evolution
edit on 26-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

They never claimed that we came from apes. We SHARE a common ancestor with apes.

I think it's a mixture of both evolution and creationism, with the latter part coming as the result of extraterrestrial genetic engineering.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

You should probably explore that the theory is not that we descend from them..

but rather that we share a common ancestry with them.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It wont be long and all of them will be walking on hind legs.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I watched part 1 & 2 and it was very interesting to watch. It reminds me of the video where the dolphins blow bubbles and play with them. We still have a lot to learn about what other creatures are capable of. Great find!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahimsa
I watched part 1 & 2 and it was very interesting to watch. It reminds me of the video where the dolphins blow bubbles and play with them. We still have a lot to learn about what other creatures are capable of. Great find!

Thanks..The intent was just to show how wonderfull nature is and the oddities it throws up..
But it's been derailed into a debate on evolution..
A shame really..I'd rather just look at the wonder of nature..

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Yeah but we also have gorillas running around using sign language. Koko

Point is that gorillas are highly intelligent creatures. They are closely related to humans in that sense. Gorillas have been using tools since they were gorillas.

That picture just looks cool but have you ever heard the saying "if a tree falls in the woods does anybody hear it"...?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Same here, there is still so much for us to see and this is one of them. It put a smile on my face.

Shame the thread got derailed so quickly.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Yeah but we also have gorillas running around using sign language. Koko

One day the stars will align and one of those signing apes will do the right sign language with the right person and end up with a lawyer.

'Coco V New York Zoo'. It is coming.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Only problem? Someday soon an uptight mom is going to complain to the zoo and next thing ya know they'll be putting pants on the poor thing!

Get back on all fours where you belong son! You're making the humans nervous!

He's got a cute hiney huh.

peace

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yet your not amazed when parrots talk. Its just mimicing what it see's people doing at the zoo. Obummo the gorrila for president, on his back legs and talking parrot Polly biden for vice president 2012.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

Would be an improvment on anyone you have had in the white house for last 50 years

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Hi. We have an entire forum full of people like myself who would be more than happy to gnaw the "why are there still monkeys?!?!?!?!" argument to moist flinders, if you so wish. it's over in "Origins and Creationism." Be sure to brows a few threads though, you might be able to save yourself the trouble of starting a whole new one about the same fecal matter, different geo-rotation.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reminds me on the big foot video

nice find

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join