It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A UFO above the Visoko Sun Pyramid in Bosnia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
UFOs above the Visoko Valley? UFOs & Pyramids? Seems that there are some strange sightings of strange objects above that area. The researcher Nenad Djurdjevic, involved in archaeological excavations at the Visoko Pyramid complex in Bosnia shooted some interesting pics of a strange disk shape object that hover above The Sun Pyramid. He send some photos to an italian web site.

'The attached photo was taken by my co-worker with a digital camera Nikon Coolpix 110 on 06/06/2010 between the hours of 8:09 am. The unknown object is located on the east side of the pyramid of the sun.

centroufologicotaranto.wordpress.com...

Here some pics...

Please check the full size images in the link.

Here a meaningful thread about The Visoko Valley Pyramids www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-1-2011 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well Arken , I guess I will be the first to say ....... Bird .
Makes sense with all them tree's about

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I want to believe it is a ufo. It appears that it could be. At the same time, it appears that it could also be a bird, or a tiny bug very close to the lense.
edit on 26-1-2011 by cidrolls4s because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2011 by cidrolls4s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Maybe, but it is really too big for a bird (even an Eagle).... and its disck shape...
Please, check the original photos on the web site.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Very cool picture

The Nikon Coolpix 110 is 12.1 mega pixels. I first thought of a bird at first but it all depends on the distance of the object to person who took the pic.

I am no expert on photography but in my opinion that looks too far away to be a bird according to the size of the oject. I think it also looks a bit more crisp and less bird like compared to all the other "bird" UFO pics I have seen in the past.

Regrettably the source is not in English and I don't feel like going through a translator to see if it mentions the estimated distance of the object when the picture was took.
edit on 26-1-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: translation

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Here some pics...

I see one pic, with different levels of zoom.

Are there "other" photos of said event?

IMHO, it looks like a bird.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well, it certainly is a UFO since it could be anything. Looking at the full size pictures, though, it does seem a bit big for a bird. Also, is it just me or does the object seem to distort the air around it a bit? And there seems to be another black dot above the cloud in the first photo on that site.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

As usual, it was realized only after taking the object and examined the photograph.

That statement reinforces my view that the object is a bird , if he had seen a UFO and photographed it then fair enough but these objects discovered after the fact are highly likely to have a prosaic explanation in my view

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Bird is a reasonable explanation and the image looks similar to other bird captures...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f54f8f9d22ff.jpg[/atsimg]

Having read the translated article, I consider the judgement of the author to be questionable. There's no good evidence of 'pyramids' in Bosnia so when he describes 'UFOs' above the 'pyramid complex,' his inability to identify a hill undermines his ability to identify a bird.

ETA: Internos is missed when it comes to these Italian sources.

edit on 26-1-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If that's a bird then it's one gigantic odd shaped bird haha. You can't prove it's a bird any better than you can a flying "disc", so therefore I guess it remains a UFO which is ultimately something unidentifiable. However, nothing too jaw dropping..just another inconclusive photo with no real special or notable features.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LipanConjuring86
If that's a bird then it's one gigantic odd shaped bird haha. You can't prove it's a bird any better than you can a flying "disc", so therefore I guess it remains a UFO which is ultimately something unidentifiable. However, nothing too jaw dropping..just another inconclusive photo with no real special or notable features.

How can one ascertain the size of this object if it is as you said Unidentified?! We don't know what it is, let alone how far it is from the camera.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
the Serbs are coming!!!
Be aware

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Maybe, but it is really too big for a bird (even an Eagle).... and its disck shape...
Please, check the original photos on the web site.

You don't know it's distance from the camera so saying that is pointless.

If it was behind the treeline then it is big, if it is 2 feet in front of the camera it is small.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JEROME4107
Can some one please start a thread on this ...

www.eutimes.net...

I been reading ats for years i just signed up to post this .

Thanks

Sorry to intrude on your thread .

J

There are rules here. One of them is you must make 20 posts before starting a thread. Another one of them is to try your best to stay on topic.

Welcome, please follow the rules. It makes for a wonderful environment.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If there's more than one image of this object, taken sequentially, and the object remains stationary relative to it's surroundings, that would rule out a bird and an insect, as obviously a bird or insect speeding past won't be in the same position in two or more separate exposures.

I'm just about to look at the image links now.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
Well, it certainly is a UFO since it could be anything. Looking at the full size pictures, though, it does seem a bit big for a bird.

There is no way to ascertain its size because we don't know how close it was to the camera. The object could be anywhere between the mountain and the camera.

Also, is it just me or does the object seem to distort the air around it a bit? And there seems to be another black dot above the cloud in the first photo on that site.

That"distortion could just be a normal jpeg compression artifact known as a "blocking artifact".

Blocking artifacts occur when the raw image is compressed into a smaller "jpg" file. When the file is compressed, the compression algorithm attempts to "interpolate" (guesses at) pixel colors based on the color of the adjoining pixel. when the colors are very different (such as the blue sky and dark object), the compression algorithm has a tough time guessing the intended color, thus creating the artifact.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Good enough explanation for me

The object seems to be rather out of focus compared to the buildings there and the foremost mountain. To me, it looks to be about as in-focus as the mountains we can see in the background to the right. Maybe it's just me imagining things though.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I think they are both (there are two objects in the photo) birds, it would be a little strange if there were no birds on a forest area in June, around 1:00 PM (according to the Exif data the photo was taken at 2010:06:06 13:37:12). I saw today a seagull that looked exactly like that for two seconds.

PS: I don't think they those are pyramids either, but that's a different story.

edit on 28/1/2011 by ArMaP because: I forgot a "think" in the PS.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
if i were a skeptic: ITS A BIRD!..... lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join