It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in Head and Neck Cancers Tied to Oral Sex: (just great.....)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

tongue and tonsil cancers remain relatively rare in the United States

Um, as in my case/luck I can honestly say that I firmly believe what is in the quotes. One would have to do the act to even be at risk..... so.....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by Casandra

lmao that's too funny.

On a more serious note, a reply to your earlier post. Yeah, she was bragging to me how she got around 200 people to get the shot and she got 20-30 dollars per shot from the manufacturer. Hope she thinks it worth it

How can they sleep at night?

That's so disgusting, I can't believe she calls herself a doctor. She should be helping people not making them sick.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by sezsue

tongue and tonsil cancers remain relatively rare in the United States

Um, as in my case/luck I can honestly say that I firmly believe what is in the quotes. One would have to do the act to even be at risk..... so.....

Sometimes you have to lead the way, lol.....

And I added some info to the post you quoted which may be even more helpful.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Ooohhhhh, she's not a doctor, she's a receptionist that they have trained to play nurse.

No, I no longer take my kids there as I think the staff is incompetent. I have warned her repeatedly that she could face malpractice just as the doctor for taking on the responsibility and not having the proper certifications but it's fallen on deaf ears.

Granted there was a bit of personal animosity bc I was in nursing school at the time, and the doctors chose to hire people without degrees or certification because they could pay them less, I guess they were comfortable with the risk.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
i have not read the thread, i just want to ask a question. sorry if inappropriate.

How do "scientist" come to conclusion what is causing cancer ??
There is hundreds of things out there which are supposed to cause cancer
(sun, smoking, sperms, asbestos,.....)
So i live for X years, then i die of cancer, which of the above was the cause ?
I really do not see a way to figure it out ?
I guess tests on rats ? But then again i heard lab-rats anyway die within a year, since they all have cancer due to some genetic defects?
I do not get it maybe someone can help me on that ? U2U me, if you dont wanna derail the thread (sorry again OP)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

It's not the sperm that causes the cancer, it's the HPV on the person's goodies that does. HPV is the virus that has been linked to cervical cancer in women and penial cancer in men. So....the scientists say when you don't use your toys for their intended purpose that the virus get deposited into other areas and the virus attacks whatever area that is, in the case of op it attacks tonsils, throat, tongue,etc. But it could attack where ever it finds itself

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
thanks, that makes more sense.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Does it mean that if the person is careful (condoms), it doesn't matter where they put their "goodies"?

But anyway, I read that even if condoms are used, the part where the skins is still exposed could get HPV

In that case, would they tell us to make a choice? "Vaccine or HPV"?
edit on 26-1-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

scientists say when you don't use your toys for their intended purpose that the virus get deposited into other areas and the virus attacks whatever area that is, in the case of op it attacks tonsils, throat, tongue,etc. But it could attack where ever it finds itself

Oh I can just hear it at my next annual physical:

"Sir, we really aren't quite sure how to tell you this, but it appears you have cancer of the palm."

edit on 26-1-2011 by IamAbeliever because: no reason

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
"Sir, we really aren't quite sure how to tell you this, but it appears you have cancer of the palm."

Yep i was thinking the same thing, lol

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
:-)) so i guess next news will be: "Cancer spreading around TSA-Workers"

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

LMAO. Should scare more kids than the "You'll go blind" phrase. So do these viruses appear out of nowhere to attack the human species? And why do they hate sex so much? Seems like if there was a conspiracy going on here the main guys behind it would be Roman Catholic.

edit on 26-1-2011 by LiquidAsh because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
reply to post by searching4truth

Does it mean that if the person is careful (condoms), it doesn't matter where they put their "goodies"?

But anyway, I read that even if condoms are used, the part where the skins is still exposed could get HPV

In that case, would they tell us to make a choice? "Vaccine or HPV"?
edit on 26-1-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

Condoms aren't 100% with hpv (well when are they ever) and exactly it resides on the outside skin, which can result in warts, but many people don't have any symptoms for years. Guess you'd have to find one of the elusive body condoms.

Yep, that's pretty much your choice vaccine or hpv. Well, that is of course assuming there are multiple partners involved. One can never underestimate the importance of std testing.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You're right though, they don't really know. Depending on the area, they have guesses.

When my fiancee got lung cancer back in 99, they asked several questions, I guess relating to what exposures they think may cause lung cancer, also, certain medical conditions make it more likely. He was diabetic.

for him, the questions were,

do or did you smoke...........yes
did you ever use, or were you exposed to industrial chemicals.........yes
did you ever work as a baker............no
did you ever work in construction........yes, bricklayer
did you ever clean barns, pigeon or bird coop.......no
did you ever do house demolitions or re-hab.........yes

and of course, they always ask if you have any relatives that had cancer.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I REFUSED TO BELIEVE SUCH A THING!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sezsue

They are coming closer and closer to the day when they announce that HPV causes lung cancer. The lining of the cervix, the mouth and the lung are all mucous membrane and if HPV causes cancer in one organ, then it will likely cause cancer in another.

I read a study from china where the cultivated HPV virus from 85 % of the lung cancers in rural woman.

So - does smoking cause cancer or was it really HPV all along?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
here is an advice to everyone, men and women......just keep it clean before sex!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
that doctor must be gay
+ having a small birdie complex...
+child trauma...

i will repeat what i recentle quoted

don t pay attention to just one mans word when it doesn 't certainly add up...

Have stressless fun amigos of both sexes

GTG

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To add some seriousness to the subject: If you are not screwing around on your signifigant other, or vice versa, then there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have read this a while a back. It was shown that most people who have developed these type of cancers were also smokers and/or heavy drinkers. So it is definitely a factor. I would also like to mention to all you fellas concerned about loss of BJs that you are not immune to this. 80% of people will have contracted this virus at some time in their life. If you have performed oral sex, you can get it too, but probably only when you smoke and drink heavily.

besides, it is still pretty rare.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join