It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in Head and Neck Cancers Tied to Oral Sex: (just great.....)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Cancers of the tonsil and base of the tongue have increased in past decades among middle-aged and younger Americans, and experts believe it’s triggered by the human papillomavirus – which can be transmitted through oral sex, Health Day News reported.

“It seems like a pretty good link that more sexual activity, particularly oral sex, is associated with increased HPV infection,” said Dr. Greg Hartig, professor of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison.
“It’s gotten to the point now where 60 to 70 percent of all tonsil cancers in the U.S. are HPV-related,” Lydiatt said.

Source: www.foxnews.com...#
Additional link: news.yahoo.com...

Well, first of all, sorry I didn't put up any related pictures and/or video.....
)

Anyway, here we go again. Am I the only one that thinks that this whole medical warning thing has gotten out of hand.

I swear they are trying to end everything that is Fun and/or good. Alcohol, Sex, etc etc.

Before too long, the only way to live will be in a metal container-sanitized of course.

Hey docs..... we are all going to die.... one way of another. May as well try to enjoy Life when you can and as much as you can.

Another thing. Wasn't it the US Gov't (the Top Medical person) saying other forms of sex-other than the usually man/woman standard love making-was the answer to all that we weren't suppose to be doing due to AIDS?

Crazy. Well, guess I have this cancer to look out for now.....

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Time for Lewinsky's check up.

Are we now seeing the after effects of the Clinton era. It wasn't sex...

Cheers to another good one! and a good laugh!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Great! Hope my wife doesn't read this article!

I have a headache!
I'm too tired!
The kids will be home soon.
It causes cancer!!

Just what she needs. Another excuse to add to the already growing list of lame ones.
And will it cause cancer if she
?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
it would then mean that a majority of them in the sex business will get cancer
and that a majority of people who have a rich sex life will get cancer ,

wheres the proof ?

in all honesty , face palm

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Dear Anon72,

Haha Sir.. where do you pull these posts from? What can I say to this.. other than not show the Mrs.

Seriously though, what a total load of crock. HPV is rife and has been for years. Isn't the infection rate in the Western World already in the 80% or so? I'm pretty sure that most sexually active people already have HPV and probably don't even know it.

Now stating HPV causes cancer probably isn't too far off the mark, it definitely increases cervical cancer risks, so probably does other organs.

Sex is dangerous, don't have it.. just send all those women my way and i'll satisfy their needs and screw the tongue cancer. (To anyone who has suffered from tongue cancer, or any other cancer I was being highly flippant and didn't mean to offend, sorry!).

Classic post! Thank you for the giggle Anon72.

S&F

Regards,
T

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The increase is because of an increase in HPV, not an increase of oral sex.

Just don't want anyone getting the idea that oral sex itself causes cancer... if you don't have HPV than no worries.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hope the other half dosn't hear about this.

I keep telling her it's good for her skin.
edit on 26-1-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
sex boosts your immune system

www.associatedcontent.com...

i think the benefits of sex on the body and mind outway the negatives. as long as your sexually responsible there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I think my wife my be ahead of the game.

I am pretty sure she made this claim some years back
(

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

Thats what they all say. Look how many std's there are out there, and no one is responsible.

I doubt sex increases your immune system also, more likely to wither it away.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans

The increase is because of an increase in HPV, not an increase of oral sex.

Just don't want anyone getting the idea that oral sex itself causes cancer... if you don't have HPV than no worries.

and the increase in HPV is because of manditory HPV vaccines that contain HPV,

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I usually advocate freedom of speech and freedom of the press, but somebody needs to bury this NOW!!

If this gets leaked out, it would be devastating.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

(

I'm sure us men can unite and create a bogus website with claims that it reduces the appearance of wrinkles.

The world would be a happy place.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

(

I'm sure us men can unite and create a bogus website with claims that it reduces the appearance of wrinkles.

The world would be a happy place.

I don't know about you but I am having my internet disconnected before she gets home. She can never be allowed to read such an outlandish claim. It would be total chaos in my home.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I swear they are trying to end everything that is Fun and/or good. Alcohol, Sex, etc etc.

No sex is not for fun it is only for procreation, your western society has made it a thing for entertainment. You all have been indoctrinated in believing that mouth to mouth kissing is a gesture of love or sympathy to someone, and you see it all around you right from your birth, in your culture and movies. If you look to your east many cultures their regard activities like this prohibited as these activities are unethical and unnatural.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Man... I hope this is all done in------

Tongue and Cheek.....

edit on 1/26/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I've already sent out the message on the women's secret network, it's over for all you fellas.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

I've already sent out the message on the women's secret network, it's over for all you fellas.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Just remember. It didn't say it was only oral sex on men. The door swings both ways.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If this really is the case then my ex is going to be cancer free forever.

On a serious note. This can't be for real. It's just like one day they tell you that eating chocolate causes cancer in mice, but what they don't tell you is that they are feeding those mice enough chocolate to be equivalent to the size of a tractor trailer compared to a human being. I hate to imagine what they are doing orally to those mice - a bowling pin? Just another lab trying to get funding.
edit on 26/1/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join