It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey America, how much are you willing to screw up to get that oil..?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Again, someone screaming we are going to war for oil, although there is no takeover of any oil fields, no stealing another nation's resource.

Silly People, how willing are to to continue to spit in the face of fact?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's obviously not over yet... darling~

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"I wish my fellow Americans would stop lying to cover up our dirty laundry and dirtier President. "

That's right... they have a double standard when it comes to who has nukes and dictatorships. Iraq was the least threatening to American security... but the war was never about defense... they still leave the southern border open right? That is more of a threat to the USA then Iraq ever was.

Then the government tries to act stupid and say stuff like "there was an intelligence failure" What a load of crap I tell you.. the government will always say something like that to try to convince people that they made an error... but they knew EXACTLY what they planned to do in Iraq.

With the new "republic of Iraq" and it's officals being killed left and right... what democracy are we seeing in Iraq? None and there never will be. The the objective of the corporate controlled US Government/military was never to install democracy.. even they knew it's an impossible feat to do in the manner in which it was "attempted"

The War in Iraq was for personal business interests.. period.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You need to unplug yourself philosophically and spiritually from the SYSTEM.

The SYSTEM is what NEEDS Oil.
The SYSTEM needs global economies.
The SYSTEM needs your unquestioning obedience to work.
The SYSTEM is what you are working for if you don't think about who you are working for.
The SYSTEM has become greater than its PEOPLE.

When that condition arrives, the system becomes unstable, and the people miserable and unhealthy. It is not proper to yoke the people to serve the System, but it is the system that must be yoked and ruled by man.

Wicked men have made the system hard for us to rule, because they have willed to rule us.

Buck the system at wash yourself from its madness.

Arkaleus

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let's just blame it all on God shall we~
Simple and easy to swallow.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
You have it wrong, its not america that is fighting for the oil. Its the stupid leaders of america that are fighting for oil. Everyday people have no say in anything that goes on. Period.

its not just america that wants that oil. peoples rupublic of china im looking in your direction. and dont forget europe.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As if there was no difference between diplomatic and military solutions.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Again, someone screaming we are going to war for oil, although there is no takeover of any oil fields, no stealing another nation's resource.

Silly People, how willing are to to continue to spit in the face of fact?

We haven't taken over the Iraqi oil fields??? Are you suggesting that the U.S. military does not control and provide security for the Iraqi oil fields?

The fact is, we would have no interest in Iraq or Saudi Arabia if there were not huge oil reserves there. People who scoff at oil as the reason for the Iraq War just do not understand the realities of how important oil is in world geopolitics. An excellent book is "Oil and World Power" by Peter Odell, which is out of print, unfortunately.

You know, if Bush had just said "Look, Saddam is a very bad man, and the Iraqi people are really suffering, and control of the Iraqi oil reserves is a vital national interest of the United States", I think there would have been much less opposition to the war, and nobody would be screaming about Bush's lying about WMDs.

As far as the high gasoline prices, Iraqi oil production is way below its potential. And control of the reserves is a long-term strategic consideration, not a short-term benefit of cheaper oil.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Again, securing the oil fields and taking the oil are two different things.

Everyone from Kerry to Clinton to Bush knew the chemical/biological weapons are/were there (Sorry, these aren't WMD's and it makes me cringe when people call them that. Except for the president - I don't expect much more from him!
), the fact of the matter is they are being politicized now, by the Democrats in the U.S. and by those abroad who are of the belief we are trying to take over the world. The question you should ask yourself is, "Where are they now, and who are they going to kill next?" You know as well as I it won't be a couple of Kurdish towns and some Iranian soldiers.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Thomas why wouldn't you charcterise biological/chemical weapons as WMD?
Are they not capable of Mass Destructon? In point of fact aren't biological weapons capable of greater destruction than any other type? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Thomas why wouldn't you charcterise biological/chemical weapons as WMD?
Are they not capable of Mass Destructon? In point of fact aren't biological weapons capable of greater destruction than any other type? Just curious.

No, Chemical and Biological should be called Weapons of Mass Murder (WMM
)

They don't really destroy things, they just kill people. I'm not even sure a Nutron Bomb would be a WMD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join