It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey America, how much are you willing to screw up to get that oil..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Seems Americans are getting a little too desperate recently. Kinda hard to face that the world is more competitive now and that the resources are draining. How many more dead or occupied are we going to need before you've filled your empty stomachs?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I hereby condemn this user, for being IGNORANT!!!

Please check out the following site. You might learn something...

Mr. M

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Just adding a perspective

Nice site btw, hehe

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker
Just adding a perspective

Nice site btw, hehe

Yeah, Kerry's perspective.

Just to point out the obvious: Ol' forked-tail is making unfounded statements on the outside chance some one unwilling to look into the fact and see he's full of nothing but piss and venom will swallow those statements hook, line and sinker - WATCH OUT! It's gonna hurt real bad when he sets that hook!

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey !!! Valhall and just many lightyears away is that Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules. just curious.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You have it wrong, its not america that is fighting for the oil. Its the stupid leaders of america that are fighting for oil. Everyday people have no say in anything that goes on. Period.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hey America, how much are you willing to screw up to get that oil..?,

I don't see it as America wanting any oil, but more like our present president fixation on it, he is the only one that decided to go and screw anything in his way to get his hand in Iraq soil and he has gotten so mad that he does not care for any human life be American or Iraqi, just to get the Iraqi oil in the hands of private contractors under Cheney's interests.

The Bush administrations ties to the oil and gas industry are beyond extensive; they are pervasive. They flow, so to speak, from the top, with a chief executive who grew up steeped in the culture of Texas oil exploration and tried his hand at it himself; and a second-in-command who came to office with a multi-million dollar retirement package in hand from his post of CEO of Halliburton Oil. Once in office, the vice president developed an energy policy under the primary guidance of a cast of oil company executives whose identities he has gone to great lengths to withhold from public view.

corpwatch.radicaldesigns.org...

So don't blame America just our leaders.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
So don't blame America just our leaders.

Much as I agree with you all on this, we voted for them. *sigh* I've believed from the beginning that we were only in Iraq for the oil. What is going to be next? Saudi Arabia? I suppose they'll even decide to start going after Alaska pretty soon...

Greed and power under the guise of freedom.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sorry but we are not n Iraq for oil. Try again. Both the government and the people are pying hgher oil prices as a result and anybody who thnks rationally about the subject should be able to realise it after a little reflection. Prices are a functon of supply and demand. While the demand for oil is starting to declne slightly, the supply has been reduced as a direct result of the war in iraq. The backlash in prices was both predictible and predicted and to think that a former oil exec and a man who has worked in and around oil for years wouldn't know it is madness. Both Bush and Cheney knew oil prices would go up and that Iraq would not be able to add to world oil production substansially for years. I really really wish the rest of the world would stop stooping to the leve of lieing about my country.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Both Bush and Cheney knew oil prices would go up and that Iraq would not be able to add to world oil production substansially for years. I really really wish the rest of the world would stop stooping to the leve of lieing about my country.

Are you under the impression the Oil industry doesn't want higher prices? I guess some people say the war is over cheap gas, but i never said that. Just our ability to conduct business where 'God saw fit to put Oil but not Democracy' like Cheney says.

Funny that Cuba can play with nukes off the coast of Florida but 40 years later, she's still there. No imminent threat or need to invade. Same with North Korea, China. Why don't we bring Democracy to them? You know why.

Or how about the real terrorist supporting nation of Saudi Arabia? You know why there too. They own Bush and run the whole damn oil industry. So their dictatorship is A-OK in Bush's book.

I wish my fellow Americans would stop lying to cover up our dirty laundry and dirtier President.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
mwm1331,

Iraq is not going to be productive for a while to the fact that oil pipes are blown everyday, they fix them and one mile away they are blown again and as long as this administration stay in Iraq is going to be this way.

Since taking office, the president and vice president have assembled a government peopled heavily with representatives from the oil culture they came from. These include Secretary of the Army Thomas White, a former vice president of Enron, and Secretary of Commerce Don Evans, former president of the oil exploration company Tom Brown, Inc., whose major stake in the company was worth $13 million by the time he took office.

The Bush administrations energy policy is predicated on ever-growing consumption of oil, preferably cheap oil. U.S. oil consumption is projected to increase by one-third over the next two decades. The White House is pushing hard for greater domestic drilling and wants to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to the oil industry. Even so, the administrations National Energy Policy Development Group, led by Vice President Cheney, acknowledged in a May 2001 report that U.S. oil production will fall 12% over the next 20 years. As a result, U.S. dependence on imported oilwhich has risen from one-third in 1985 to more than half todayis set to climb to two-thirds by 2020.1

[edit on 13-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
While I agree that the Bush-Cheney team is trying to increase the flow of cheap oil I dont think thats a bad thing. The fact is America is in large part an oil powered economy. However one of the issues I do disagree with the current republican party on is the dependence on foreign and fossil based oil. Personally I think the best bet in the long run would be a push into "bio-oil" It would serve twin purposes of both reducing dependence on foreign petroleum as well as funneling that money back into the American economy as the U.S. could grow enough soy to provde all of the U.S.'s fuel needs.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   

acknowledged in a May 2001 report that U.S. oil production will fall 12% over the next 20 years. As a result, U.S. dependence on imported oilwhich has risen from one-third in 1985 to more than half todayis set to climb to two-thirds by 2020.1

mwm1331,

If you notice this was done prior to the invasion of Iraq, proving that they actually had their eyes in one goal, perhaps Iraq invasion was already planned?

The pariah state of Iraq, however, is a key prize, with abundant, high-quality oil that can be produced at very low cost (and thus at great profit). At 112 billion barrels, its proven reserves are currently second only to Saudi Arabias. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) of the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that additional probable and possible resources could amount to 220 billion barrels. And because political instability, war, and sanctions have prevented thorough exploration of substantial portions of Iraqi territory, there is a chance that another 100 billion barrels lie undiscovered in Iraqs western desert. All in all, Iraqs oil wealth may well rival that of Saudi Arabia.8

See the conection.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The thing is Marg6043, that invading Iraq was bad for oil prices and Bush knew it. Not including the bad will it has engendered among the arab states, the actual physical danger to the pipelnes was easily forseeable. I dont believe that this war is about oil. Oh sure they probably figured that within 4-5 years it would become an large side benefit, but i don't think it was the focus. In fact I'm almost sure it wasn't. I knda think that saddam was more about using a "target of opportunity" to send a message to the arab world.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
mwm1331,

See things did not came out the way bush wanted, US was welcome in the beginning of the invasion but things got bad, terrorist started to walk into the open borders of Iraq and bush got himself in a mess and US too, now the oil seems like a not very good investment after all. With all the chaos and instability that the terrorist groups had brought into Iraq soil, Iraq is not safer and US lives in fear of another attack, and the private companies that got the contracts from US are loosing money because it is costing more to fix the oil pipes and refineries than the actual oil that is been produce.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
While I agree that the Bush-Cheney team is trying to increase the flow of cheap oil I dont think thats a bad thing. The fact is America is in large part an oil powered economy.

Well at least you admit that much which I can respect. What I hate most about Bush/Cheney is the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" political posturing of how much they care about the Iraqi people. What a crock of dinosaur droppings. IMO if the whole conservative movement just said "that's right, oil is a valuable resource, and it was yanking our chain France was getting Saddam's for sandwiches" then I'd have infinitely more respect for the whole thing. Not that the world would. But they'd sure have alot less to say. It's because of the lies we look so bad... WMD's, mercy mission, etc.

Why not just our SOP of "manifest destiny". I suppose because that would be admitting we're pretty much bully fascists, but what the hay? We pretty much are bully fascists.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I also disagree that they "lied" about WMD. I have no doubts that bush used the intelligence as an excuse to launch the offensive, but if you think back to the start pretty much everyone thought saddam had em. While most of Europe is now sayng "see I told you they were lieing" The truth is at the time Europe was saying "well yeah we think he has em but we're not gonna send troops" I believe, as I have said before, that the real purpose of the war was to lure all the iranians, afghanis and syrians who had escaped Afghanistan away from the U.S. homeland. As for "manifest destiny" well let me quote one democrat actually like (though I disagree with a lot of his policies)
" because in todays world you can make a bomb in your country and brng it into mine you're damn right that what goes on in your country is our business."

Anyone who recognises the quote give yourself a cookie

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinalurker
Seems Americans are getting a little too desperate recently. Kinda hard to face that the world is more competitive now and that the resources are draining. How many more dead or occupied are we going to need before you've filled your empty stomachs?

Hey man, when we know, you'll know.

(I thought I'd give an answer as rediculous and generalized as the question. )

Oh, so after sending troops and aid all over the world to defend the interests of the UN while incurring numerous terrorist attacks and that we have now been forced to lash out in efforts of our own protection, we're desperate? Thats just great. Thats rich. Its what I'd expect from people living day in and day out detatched from it all, sitting in judgement. Its easy to do. Especially when you conveniently have the freedom to do so and can conveniently forget just how much many other countys (yours included) benefit from each other's economy and culture.

What do you suggest we do? Sit in the corner in the dark hoping these extremist will somehow get a case of conscious and stop trying to kill us all? I'm sure from where you're sitting, that would be just fine ...for you. As it happens, you and your opinion have absolutly no bearing or importance. There's much more going in here than just oil. You may not want to acknowledge it but then again, you don't have to, do you?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
(Holding my V-6 SUV above my head as i say)
From my cold dead hands.......

Oil is the life blood of the PLANET!
All of you bashers are driving hybrid cars right?
You all have installed solar panels on your houses?
Riding public mass transit?
How about heating and cooling your homes less?
Asking businesses to turn off all those lights in empty skyscrapers at night?
Using a cell phone or laptop? Where did that electricity come from for your convieniance of calling/emailing people from the beach?

Before you throw stones, you should ask yourself what your doing to conserve energy.

The worlds (not just Americas) oil companies have known for a while that demand was going to rise, yet didnt take stept to increase production capasity....hence high demmand, low supply = higher prices.

ALSO, OPEC does NOT want the price of crude to rise too high, if it does...the market (people) WILL seek alternate fuels and sources of energy...thus reducing demmand for their oil....hence prices fall, and once weve all switched to solar electric and hybrid/electric cars....who will need oil then? the price will really crash. OPEC would be left with abunch of dirty goo that no one would need as much anymore (this will eventually occur as supplies dry up and we move slowly twords other energy)

If America IS fighting for oil then where the heck is all the crude? how come gas prices havnt fallen back to near a dollar? I dont see the National emergency reserves being filled up.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It's not my fault, I haven't killed anyone, It's Bush... All of it~~

I hereby condemn this user for being ignorant... I've read all the newspapers, I know~~
HAHAHA

Kerry's perspective??
I have my own perspective. Actually, I'm not involved at all in your hippy rally freak show elections.

It's not America fighting for the oil... it's the stupid leaders...!!!
That was the worst statement I've heard for real long. And you want to bring democracy all over the world, yea right

mwm1331... Now you're really the clown around here are you not~~ Bombing Iraq has been a bad investment, that's all. You're not actually believeing they counted on ending up in such a pile of turd like they did, are ya.
BAD INVESTMENT

Hey man, When we know, you'll know...

Now that may well be the second most imbecile bark I've seen around here. Anyway, you did make your point.

Let's see here.... Who went to war with Iraq? Bush...? No...??
"They" were trying to kill you all, right? The terrorists... right..??

OMG, such a pile of crap statements. Get back to school boys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join