It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by stereologist
There were 2 doom scenarios in 2000: Y2k and a planetary alignment. In 2001 there was millennium claim because 2001 was the start of the new 1000 years. In 2003 there was the Mars ripping the guts out of the Earth claim. I forget 2007. Now it is 2011, 2012, ...
The first 2012 claims come from the 1980s when New Age authors noticed that here was something they could write hoaxes about. As the date comes closer more voices appear.
There are those that have thought every one of these dates was going to be the end of civilization. I remember reading about IT folks that quit their jobs to build compounds.
There have been claims that odd things are happening. And frankly that's not true.
1. The magnetic holes come and go
2. The magnetic poles are moving and have done so since they were first located.
3. There is no increase in seismic activity
4. Natural disasters are not incre4asing except for floods. The latter is due to human activity such as poor land management, deforestation, construction, ...
5. Animal die offs have always happened and nothing unusual is happening.
6. There are no Mayan prophecies associated with the long count calendar
7. There is no Nibiru out there.
BTW, a pole shift is a change in the rotational axis orientation, not a magnetic event.
Ummm I don't know if you realize it, but your post looks 100% like you are one of the 'disinformationalist' many sites are being flooded with right now across the internet. If I didn't know any better I'd swear your post was written by NASA.
BTW you are completely wrong on more then half of those points, so obviously you ARE a disinformationalist. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to type into google any number of the points you stated that you are trying to pass off as wrong/non-existent/normal/not happening/never/no, etc. If you believe your words to be true, I would very much love to see you create your own thread proving point by point to all of us ATS members everything you numbered off there. By all means, please give yourself some credibility, or not.....